Hov’s song “Heart Of The City (Ain’t No Love)” says, simply, that there ain’t no love in the heart of the city. It states that with more money comes more problems. It talks about since he’s a businessman, he doesn’t have time for bullshit. With success comes the jealousy of those around you, whether they may be fake with you and pretend to appreciate you or not. It says that he’s just trying to do him, and that his only concern is his business. Even though he’s so concerned with the business aspect of his life, he has all the luxuries that he wants when it comes down to it, so he just wants simple pleasures from life at this point.
I consider one of the hearts of the city to be Penn Station. It’s always crowded with people moving around to get places all around the country. The possibility of places to travel are infinite. I decided one Tuesday night to go to Penn Station to explore the motives and forces pushing people to travel around and why. I walk around the station that seems to always have this foodie smell that I can’t get enough of. Maybe because there’s a Taco Bell there? I don’t know, all I know is I love me some Taco Bell, so, I go to Taco Bell. Unfortun...
... middle of paper ...
...There definitely is truth in what Jay-Z is talking about, but when there is real, unmotivated love in the city it is extremely priceless. Love is a source of happiness in life; it’s a psychological necessity. When it’s pure it’s healthy, but when it’s not, problems arise. Although this is the case, people try to force connections and love because of hidden incentives. When this is the case, you can best believe it can end badly. To the girl from Columbia, I hope all works out for her. To Whiny and her minions, I hope no one gets hurt in the situation. And lastly, to the siblings I met in Union Square, I hope nothing, especially not a bad girlfriend or boyfriend, comes between you two. And to everyone else in the city looking for love, there’s no right or wrong place to look, but just guard your heart and try to assess whether it’s healthy or if it’s just motivated.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In every relationship there is always a back story to be told about how they met each other, maybe their first date, first kiss, their first time holding hands, and many more ways. The story will always be different, that is what makes it special. These things striking between the two is called courtship. Based on Merriam-Webster dictionary courtship refers to, the activities that occur when people are developing a romantic relationship that could lead to marriage or an attempt to convince someone to support you.... [tags: Love, Poetry, Romeo and Juliet, Romance]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Revenge is a subject dealt with mostly in drama and other fiction rather than in life, because few would throw their lives away in pursuit of it. Thus the best way to explore revenge is sometimes to examine the stories at hand. Revenge tragedies, as dramas, are largely character-driven, and the character's motivations are quite simple: revenge – in the name of love. Bel-imperia sought revenge for her lover Andrea, and her motivation was expressed with the inevitability of tragedy and the inextricable association of revenge and love lost.... [tags: Shakespeare]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- What is love. Love is a very powerful emotion. Love is something that can come at any time in your life. It can appear in any way, shape, or form. In the famous play “Midsummer Night's Dream,” by William Shakespeare, love is a major theme that affects many people and causes many challenges. In order for love to conquer these challenges one needs to stay true to their love, they may need the help of some magic, and must be persistent. Staying true to one's love is so very important when one believes in their true love with every fibre of their being.... [tags: Shakespearean Literature]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- Hopelessness in The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter Carson McCuller's novel, The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, takes place in a small town in the deep south during the mid-twentieth century. The book closely follows a diverse group of five residents that are loosely tied together. They include Singer, a deaf mute, Benedict Copeland, a well educated black doctor, Jake Blount, a politically zealous transient, Mick Kelly, a young girl, and Biff Brannon, a middle aged man that owns a diner. As the book progresses the characters find themselves in non-ideal circumstances.... [tags: Carson McCuller]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- On the surface, Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness appears to be chiefly male¬-driven which leaves little room for a feminist literary analysis. The narrator, Marlow, maintains an impertinent depiction of the female characters as two ¬dimensional caricatures instead of genuine people while also striving to entrap the gender within his chauvinistic narration. However, despite the patriarchal and imperialist overtones written and narrated throughout the text, a feminist critique may reveal important ways in which the Mistress and the Intended defy this marginalized dominion.... [tags: Western world, Western culture, Gender role]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- We intently display ourselves sporting the most fashion conscious trends in our suburban manifestations of white picketed, identically boxed houses. However, what would happen if your neighbour's white picket fence was no longer white but psychedelic orange, and instead of quaint jazz music, hard electro-dance would blast out of their windows. Certainly the average Joe would have a few choice words about the situation. Funny enough, America is known as the land of the free, but ironically we are still fighting the restrictions of social enclosure.... [tags: World Cultures]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Illusion of Love in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream The play A Midsummer Night's Dream is centered around themes that are seemingly apparent and clear: those of true love, false love, love's blindness and the inconstancy of love. However, this pattern of the themes of love dissipate to reveal that these themes are only apparent to the reader who wants them to exist. We want Lysander and Hermia to be in love; we want Demetrius to love Helena as she loves him, but the question arises as to whether these lovers are actually in love.... [tags: Midsummer Night's Dream]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- The Divergent series by Veronica Roth centralizes on a society with faction, separating every person by their personality. There are 5 factions, Erudite which is based on intelligence, Abnegation which values the need of others above the needs of oneself, Candor which value honesty, Factionless which are the people who don’t fit in anywhere, and there’s Dauntless, who are considered the strongest soldiers of all the factions. These factions represent the city of Chicago, since Chicago is the only state that survived a war and the people there are the only people who have survived the war nobody knows anything outside of Chicago they have been locked in there for years.... [tags: Love, Romance, Anxiety, The Faction]
1956 words (5.6 pages)
- Often time’s Hollywood romance movies have taught us to believe that when two people fall in love, a happy ending is inevitable. While it would be comforting to know love could be so simple, unfortunately, reality takes it upon itself to make a bit more complicated than that. In the 2009 romantic comedy, (500) Days of Summer by Marc Webb, there is an exceptional representation of how difficult and unpredictable love can truly be. While the movie may not end the way most people would it expect, it is far more relatable than the fairy tale happy ending we’ve become accustomed to.... [tags: Love, Romance, Interpersonal relationship, Lust]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Does True Love Exist. “I love you.” These three little words might possibly be the most powerful statement one can make to another person. In life, most yearn for the intimate affection that a certain someone can provide them. Women dream of their Prince Charming to come and sweep them off their feet, while men search for the love of their life that sets their heart on fire. But what happens when love is thrown around without a second thought. Has this four letter word become an overused cliché.... [tags: Relationships essays research papers]
2243 words (6.4 pages)