If you answered no to one of these questions then you 're in good shape. If you answered no to two of these questions then you 're in even better shape and if you answered no to all of these then you 're in great shape. This may seem strange right now, but let me explain. Not knowing yourself is totally acceptable. The way I look at it is that the less you know yourself, the more you lean on God to help solve your confusion. If someone were to ask me these questions just a couple years back, my answers would be for sure no’s. I had absolutely no idea who I was and I am able to tell you from experience that it is OK to not know who you are. This is your opportunity to put your life into God 's hands and to let him lead you to the answers.
Sophomore year was a difficult time. I was faced with obstacles and challenges that were nothing like I had ever experienced. I was always told that friend groups never stick together for all 4 years of highschool, but I was determined to not let that happen to my group of friends. Little did I know that a few weeks into the summer 2 of my closest friends would stop talking to me. I had absolutely no idea why, but it just happened. I would try to reach out to them, but they would ignore me. The tension grew and I couldn’t help but blame myself. I kept thinking back on the past months and I couldn’t come up with a single reason why they would be mad at me. The more time went by that they would avoid me...
... middle of paper ...
...izzy hair, my shortness, my toe thumbs, my freckles, my acne, my anxiety, my stress, my struggles, my fears just to name a few. But he also gave me my weird laugh, my yellowish teeth, my frizzy hair, my shortness, my toe thumbs, my freckles, my acne, my anxiety, my stress, my struggles, my fears. Yes, you heard me right. I 've learned to accept that the parts of me that I used to hate. Each one of my insecurities makes me different from all the rest of the people in the world. I give full credit and praise to God for creating me as I am.
Itś your turn now, so let me ask again.
Do you know yourself? If you were to look in the mirror right now could you see the image of you staring back? If you were standing in front of God right now could you explain to Him who you are? If you were to write a paper right now and answer the prompt: “Who are you” could you do it?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It 's important to learn how to get to know yourself. Great things are going to happen if you do. Doors will open up, happiness will increase, and you will start living according to your own desires in life, which will feel amazing. You won 't feel like you are living someone else 's life or in someone else 's shadow. You won 't feel uncertain about what you want to do next. You will understand who you are and make choices based on that understanding. And, you will be able to say no to people when you need to.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, Emotion, Anxiety]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Emotional intelligence is ‘a set of competencies that allows you to apply thinking and feeling to make optimal decisions.’ (SEI leadership report, 2013) In the report, the author makes critical analysis of the result of the SEI report. By presenting the analysis by ‘Know yourself’, ‘Choose yourself’ and ‘Give yourself’, the author has a more clear understanding of her strengths and weakness concerning her EQ. Based on the skills and analysis, the author applies the theory into her future professional career development in order to achieve her career goal.... [tags: emotional intelligence, team work, motivation]
1398 words (4 pages)
- ===Taking Care of Yourself=== #Give yourself a span of time to mourn. Even if the process of your marriage coming to an end took several years, you still may experience a new, raw pain when the curtain finally closes. Know that it’s perfectly acceptable to grieve the end of your marriage—it was a very important relationship in your life.http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/surviving/coping-skills-for-going-through-divorce-1002.shtml #*Just like any other type of grief, everyone grieves differently. You are the only one who gets to decide what that looks like or how long it takes.... [tags: Marriage, Emotion, Need to know, Divorce]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- Protect yourself from the sun You may already know how harmful UV radiation is for your skin, but a recent study have done by Scientists in Nambour, Australia concluded through micro-topography that individuals who do not wear sunglass or sunscreen showed damage to deeper skin, collagen and elastic fibers. And the patients who did wear sunscreen revealed up to 24% less damage to their skin. We are prematurely damaging our skin and slowing down the regenerative process that goes on in our skin cells by exposing our skin to the regular UV radiation of the sun.... [tags: Sun, Ultraviolet, Sunscreen, Sunlight]
1065 words (3 pages)
- ... You should try to be safe everywhere you go, especially on the streets. Protecting yourself on the street isn’t that complicated, all you have to do is stay alert, for example map out a route that you walk often and familiarize yourself with it. Know where you are going and where the dangerous spots are on your route. Try to dress practical, like in sandals or flip flops, something that would be easy to run in. Try not to “Overload” and carry to much stuff that you don’t need, try to carry what is really essential, like a cellphone.... [tags: keeping safety in mind at all times]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- 13. Be Positive About Yourself "A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success." - Joyce Brothers Do you want to have more success in life. Yes. Then become more positive about yourself and your capabilities and potential in life. Become more positive about what you deserve and what you can achieve. When you develop a positive mindset about your worth and capabilities, you are much more likely to put in the work that helps you become successful. This is all about confidence.... [tags: Optimism, Pessimism, 2007 singles, Emotion]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Be True To Your Self The question, “What is involved in being true to your self?” is very complicated. There are many aspects to this question. First you would need to know what is meant by being true. Being true is the act of putting forth sincerity, or being genuinely faithful. It is honesty, seriousness, and earnestness. Next you would need to realize what it means to be a self. In class we discussed the difference between animals, rational animals, and people. This topic also came up in the reading about the concentration camps.... [tags: essays research papers]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Hard To Be Yourself How many times have we heard the saying "Don't judge by appearance?" And how many times have we been thoroughly disappointed by appealing images of things and people. The answer is quite simple: countless. And yet how many times do we catch ourselves staring in the mirror. And how many hours do we spend thinking about our image. The answer is once again very simple: countless. The real question which arises is "Why?" Why do we care so much about how everyone else perceives us.... [tags: Self Image Appearance Essays]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Thinking for Yourself Even as the seemingly monolithic infrastructure of the post-war world comes crumbling down around our heads, homogeneity continues to spread like some vast, insidious fungus across the cultural terrain of the Western World. We are told that the interactive, five-hundred-channel universe is causing us to break down into ever more insular clans; isolated tribes centered on coincidental collective interests. They tell us we are becoming strangers in our own communities. We ignore our neighbors in order to hold long e-mail discussions about the injustice of Australian gun laws with some invisible digital kid from Singapore, or we go on chat-lines and debate the ethics of... [tags: Papers]
472 words (1.3 pages)
- Consider the ancient imperative “know thyself”. How can different ways of knowing help us as individuals and communities to achieve this goal. Shakespeare once said, “Life is but a stage and men merely players on it.” In order for us to become main characters on this stage, instead of mere extras, we must be able to truly identify who we are as individuals first. After this has been accomplished we can find out how we can benefit our society. When complete self-awareness, self-knowledge, self-confidence, and self-respect are reached, than you can truly “know thyself.” In all of the Natural Sciences, be it physics, chemistry, or biology, the physical world is dissected and analyzed.... [tags: essays research papers]
920 words (2.6 pages)