I remember a classmate when I was in high school because he never talked to anybody. He spent most of his time on his cell phone or using his tablet, and he did not do well in school. He was different than my other classmates and I believe that he never felt comfortable in the classroom. Everybody knows that cell phones have changed peoples’ life dramatically. Cell phones are one of the most revolutionary advances in the last decades because they make things simpler and easier but cell phones have a strong impact on teenagers. Teenagers are in one of the most important phase in their lives because they are exploring the world and developing their capacities. I believe that cell phones have more negative than positives effects on teenagers for many reasons.
Cell phones reduce space to interact with people face to face. I see teenagers all the time playing with their cell phones alone and I feel terrible about that because I remember that when I was a teenager, I had different ways to interact with people. Teenagers have different applications on their cell phone where they can meet people online such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. These applications have created a different mentality on teenagers because everything is online. They do not need spaces where they can talk in person to each other because cell phones have created one. In my opinion, this virtual world creates isolation, which refers to be a problem in the new generations. If they have cell phones, why do they need to go outside to meet friends? Teenagers stay home all the time and it carries many problems. Isolation creates social problems, meaning that teenagers may have difficulties socializing with people after be...
... middle of paper ...
...ll phones in high school. They just lose the chance to have a free education. Cell phones impede teenagers to find their talents reducing opportunities for them.
In summary, cell phones have a strong impact on teenagers that most of the time affects them negatively. People have to understand that is crucial for teenagers to develop their abilities efficiency with not distractions. Teenagers must have an excellent communication with others. Also, they have to develop their academic skills and extracurricular skills. It is difficult to do not be distracted with cell phones because they are everywhere but teenagers can try to use it less in their lives. I believe that high schools and parents must care about the use of cell phones on teenagers. They have to control and educate teenagers to be aware of the problems that cell phones can produce or impact their lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nomo phobia, or no mobile phobia, is the feeling of anxiety most people get when they cannot use their cell phones or they do not have their phones. Think about how you feel when you don’t have your phone with you or when the battery dies. Some teens say that cell phones improve their lives by making simple tasks, such as sending someone a message, more convenient. Approximately 75 percent of teens own cell phones and almost half of them are smart phones. Although cell phones make life easier for teenagers, their excessive use of cell phones is harmful to their health, interfering with their ability to function effectively in society, and creating a dangerous environment for people in other... [tags: nomo phobia, normal social functioning]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2010, there was an estimated 5.3 billion cell phone users in the world. With that many people using this technology, people began to weigh the risks and benefits. While there are many advantages of owning and using a cell phone, there are also many disadvantages. There are many reasons why people choose to use cell phones. It makes it easier to access social media sites, gives in to impulsivity, the need to belong, and boosts self-esteem. Most teenagers find cell phones critical to preserving their social lives and staying in touch (Abel 102).... [tags: cell, phones, monitoring, stress]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- As time passes by technology grows faster and faster. The most important kind of technology to many people is the cell phone. People bring their cell phones everywhere they go and use it on a daily basis. Cell phones has many advantages and disadvantages. Cell phones have been around for quite some time now, but as time goes on, cell phones continue to gain many features. A cell phone started out as just a simple device that only had numbers, and most people used them for emergencies only. Nowadays, cell phones have many features such as: phone calls, text messaging, accessing the internet, sending emails, taking pictures, using calculators, an alarm clock, and many more.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Cellular network]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Many teachers believe that cell phones don’t belong in a classroom because there are several disadvantages. An example maybe a student who uses a cell phone in class has no intension in listening or paying attention to the teacher. This student has a short attention span who cares about socializing more than his/her education. Cell phones can be very disruptive; they can invade people’s privacy and can also be used as harassment or bullying. The usage of cell phones is creating a huge problem particularly when they are used in school.... [tags: Education ]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Disadvantages of Social Networking Excess use of social networking is risky in today’s world. This issue is seen in almost all corners of the world. It is a product of technology which brings new kind of crime. Teenagers, especially high school students are addicted to this so called “Social Network”, over the past few years. This has both merits and demerits. If it is used as per need it is very useful in all ways but it is used for unlimited hours, it can be very harmful and can end up creating almost unexpected consequences.... [tags: Social network service, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Cell phone Technology has been growing tremendous each year since it was invented. While there are numerous advantages to owning and using a cell phone there are just as many disadvantages and hazards that can be caused by them. The estimate of each year is about 1.8 million car accidents caused by cell phone use. 2009 was the year they passed the law of banning cell phones use while driving. It has not stopped the people from using their phones which causes innocent people being injured or killed.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Another con of using social networking sites is that it can be addictive if someone spends too much time on them. This could have dire consequences if students are spending too much time chatting with their friends on Facebook, an employee playing games on social networking sites instead of working on productivity reports, just to name a couple of scenarios. There is even a possibility of someone incurring health problems, such as sleep deprivation, joint problems, and blurry vision, just to name a few examples, from spending too much time on social networking sites.... [tags: communication, interaction, addictive, time]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Using a Facebook account could be something that you use during your free time or you are on it constantly. How many of you have Facebook accounts or know somebody that has Facebook. Are you constantly checking your news feed to see what others post or what your next profile picture will be, status, or just anything in general to catch other people’s attention, but are not aware of the risk factors Facebook has or what you are exposing yourself too. Many of us want to use Facebook to have fun or to chat with our family members that are far from us, but you have to make sure only your friends are able to watch what you post or do online.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Identity theft]
2445 words (7 pages)
- The term technology is strong as it sounds. When we break it down technology means the study of systematic treatment. Many of modern teenagers think that technology is having a smartphone to text someone and surf the net. If only teenagers realize the power of technology, and just how it will affect their education. This would make a different world. Let’s talk about the next generation, which again are the teenagers. Technology affects them in both habits, good and bad, but they only see the positive side of it.... [tags: Technology, Teenagers, Texting, Smart Phones]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- The advent of mobile phones has squeezed this large world and brought it into the palm of human being. However mobile phones have always been instigating debates among the people about their merits and demerits. Apart from the instant access they give us, mobile phones have multipurpose uses ranging from business work, means for entertainment and ensuring security. On the other hand, they have some disadvantages like initiating violation of privacy, unnecessary wastage of money, talking on mobile phones while driving and emission of radiation from the handsets which is allegedly harmful for health.... [tags: Technology]
1034 words (3 pages)