fashion is the world of up-to-date words, so some people often hang in the mouth and it frequently appear in newspapers and media. Many people have different understanding of fashion, so some think fashion is simple, but it is sometimes costly waste and sometimes fashion just do unconventional or unorthodox something to give a person the refreshing sense of fashion style (Marie and Sophie, 2013, 76). Because fashion is relative, it has its scope of application. It is fashionable for some people, but it can not be for others. If the word fashion is understood as the absolute standard, which cannot be explained. Fashionable things can refer to any of the things in life, such as fashionable hair style, fashion lifestyle, fashion brand, stylish clothing and so on.And in a period of the social environment, changing characteristic of advocating popular culture are young, personality, the public recognition and follow suit. This essay will firstly discuss the difference between historic and contemporary fashion about garment and how they relate to each other. Following this, it will explain if we still take part in conspicuous consumption of fashion (Storey, 1999, 13). Finally, it will look at how to achieve a deeper understanding of fashion’s place in culture about consumption.
The difference and contact between historic and contemporary fashion of garment
Fashion first have to be healthy, which can lead the fashion. Fashion is also widely recognized, even if there is a comparison of alternative person, it is impossible to represent fashion. Fashion is a kind of symbol that can be able to impress the contemporary and the next generation and have guiding significance. Modern fashion design is more and more to the pursuit of...
... middle of paper ...
...e theme that the study becomes more and more recent. In fact, on the one hand,fashion is a business of modern popular theory, on the other hand, it belongs to the content of the popular culture (Mackrell, 2014, 31). Fashion is marketable and has the culture characteristic, therefore it is a two aspects of both behavior and activities. When it comes to culture, dress must be mentioned. Culture is closely related to clothing, because an era culture will lead the development of modern clothing, and the history and current situation of the clothing can reflect contemporary cultural development direction (Edwards, 2000, 8). A national of a country can not live without culture, so clothing is an important part of the indispensable for the history of civilization. Therefore, understanding and appreciation of the classic clothing is a good way to learn and enjoy the culture.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... they had faith, figures and the francs”. (Coleman, (1989) The Opulent Era, New York: Thames and Hudson, p.15). However, with the War, despite their innovative designs, Paris’s dominance was challenged due to the increased costs of material and labour forcing many couturiers to close their houses. This was the catalyst for New York as a fashion capital, as many relocated to America (now mass producing) challenging the couture of Paris with the production of sportswear. New York also introduced ‘Press Week’, now known as Fashion week, a chance for American designers to showcase their work for those that could not travel to Paris.... [tags: Haute couture, Fashion]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Fashion Stylists vs. Fashion Designers Fashion stylists and fashion designers have some similarities, but the differences are very evident. Fashion stylists hold the job title of someone who selects the clothing for published editorial features, print or television advertising campaigns, music videos, concert performances, and any public appearances made by celebrities, models or other public figures. Fashion designers simply create garments to be worn and purchased by the general public. Fashion stylists unlike fashion designers will always be in demand.... [tags: Fashion]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- Clothing has always been an important part of society, with evidence from the earliest human civilizations. In history, climate, religion and political factors played a role in the fabrication, styling and even color of the garments that people wore. Today, the fashion industry is multi-faceted, and while climate and religion are still some factors in how we dress, there are many more influences in what we choose to wear. Time and time again, designers reference historical styles and push them into modern trends.... [tags: Fashion]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- Conclusion Although numerous previous researches covered the challenges of building fashion brands, this research aimed to find out much deeper information to present challenges of building fashion brands in Shanghai, a modern city of China. This research was a explore research. The key data were from primary research. Both quantitative approach and qualitative approach were adopted. The entire participants were selected through a convenient sample for the reason that it is easy to access to the respondents.... [tags: Fashion]
2073 words (5.9 pages)
- Right now I am going to school for Fashion Design and Retail Management. After I graduate I plan on opening my own little boutique. The general employment outlook in your area (how likely are you to find a job in the next 2-5 years in this career). The difference in this question is that I don’t plan on working for anyone. I want to work on my own designs and work patenting my own name for my designs, opening my own shop with the help from my family. This is something that has been a dream of mine, and something that I have always wanted to do ever since I have been in high school.... [tags: Fashion]
566 words (1.6 pages)
- ... Hence, the unconscious has a centrepiece in surrealist art and the underlying theme was to create images of such unconscious situation or universes. This was primarily achieved with the use of symbolism and the placing of objects in unfamiliar settings. This would revitalize and redefine such objects outside the conventional reality that is the adversary in surrealist art and hence create the desired conflict between the conventional and the unconscious (Waldberg 1997; Martin 1987). Surrealist artists had a great interest in fantasy and the worlds within the unconscious imagination.... [tags: sources of inspiration for contemporary designers]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Many modern day fashion designers have often looked back on the history of fashion, design, and styles that have had significant impact on society. The need for new ideas and inspirations has led to many designers to borrow and even reinvent ideas from those of the past. Many historic garments and works provide an invaluable resource for designers, examples can be found from eras such as the French golden age to the austerity of fashion during the great depression and war periods, where fashion experimentation was sometimes limited.... [tags: Fashion, Haute couture, History of fashion design]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Trends are updating constantly and it is little difficult to follow also. Social media helps to track the latest news of this industry. Social media and Fashion trends For the past few years, we had been witnessing the social revolution of fashion trends. Social media played an important role in the establishment of fashion industry worldwide. Online fashion websites update their sites trendy clothing and accessories what a person keenly wants in their wardrobe. Social media marketers has boosted the sites with attractive content, headings, captions, model images and so on.... [tags: Fashion, Clothing, Time]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Having been a dancer for several years and a budding fashion designer, it has always eluded me why there is rarely a clear direct link between the two. Occassionally, dance dabbles in fashion, seeping in through sportswear and some flashy television commercials, but it’s rare to find any more depth in it. Fashion appears to found in dance, but most of this comes in the form of costumes for shows. My own experience of semi-professional urban dance styles only touches the surface of dance as a whole, and by no means is a fair representation of it, but it’s enough to have intrigued me to find out more.... [tags: Fashion]
2119 words (6.1 pages)
- Many people would not believe that there are so many similarities between modern day fashion and the fashion of the renaissance time period. Many differences may be seen between the two, but the similarities are remarkable. Throughout all of time, clothing has been the major representation of social classes. What people wear has always been the distinguishing factor between the wealthy and the poor classes of both the renaissance and current time period. The evolution from time period to time period has been vast, but the fact that what people wear represents what class they reside in is still very prevalent.... [tags: Fashion]
1352 words (3.9 pages)