As I walked into the Temple itself we felt a welcoming factor and everyone felt like a community there no longer was us the students from Xavier High School visiting a different place of worship for a project. We felt in unity with the other members of the people who were waiting for the service to begin. One aspect of the service that caught my eye before the service began was that a woman was a rabbi and really the service was being run by two women one of which was the singer. A woman as a rabbi was a very refreshing part of the service since in the Catholic and Christian form of Mass the pastor is always a male who interprets the bible for us. The woman being a rabbi also gave proof to the fact that the Temple and religion of it was Reform Judaism. Before, delving into the readings within the service, the music and singing of the service felt much livelier than that of any regular Christian Church and it really fueled the service by making it more communal and expressive. The songs that were sung from the Shabbat prayer book were in Hebr...
... middle of paper ...
... up and read the same portion of Hebrew as the other aunts and uncles. The second sister then received a similar blessing from her parents.
After the reading of the Torah the scrolls were put back into the gate. The twins are then given gifts from the Temple for their hard work during the bat mitzvah. The twins next had to read a piece of their own writing about a volunteer service that both did which involved recording audiobooks for children who cannot read. After the reading of both twins they were each given a piece of challah and were given a cup of wine to drink from. As a whole we think that the twins had to do a profound amount of work during the bat mitzvah form the reading of the Torah to their own volunteer service. Compared to that of communion we think that the bat mitzvah develops a person more and prepares them better for involvement in their faith.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I attended the Western Day of service as my exploring campus life even. I choose this event one because it was on a Friday and that was the only day I was able to get out of work secondly I choose that event because I really love to volunteer and help the community and I figured what better way than that to give back to the community in which I attend school. Western day of service was held this year on Friday September 25th 2015 it was organized with over 400 students, faculty, staff and volunteers working with over 40 agencies in Danbury.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
Interview Questions and Answers: Recall a Service You Had Received Since the Day You Had Applied for Admission
- 1. As a student, you’re being treated as a customer by the polytechnic. Recall a service you had received since the day you had applied for admission (eg admission exercise, enrolment exercise, financial services, counselling services.) Rate it and suggest one big improvement in the level of customer service. Write in the following format: a. describe briefly the service you had received One of the most unforgettable service I had received from the polytechnic will definitely be the upgrading of software for my laptop.... [tags: it student, rank services]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- It’s the day before Valentine’s Day, you are eagerly waiting to get home to your significant other so you can celebrate the day of love, and you load your flight and hit the runway to take off. However, you sit on the runway for six hours waiting only to find out that you cannot leave. This was the tragic realization for many passengers who choose to fly with JetBlue on February 13, 2008 (Hanna). On that day, only 17 of the 156 flights scheduled left the airport (Hanna). More and more flights were canceled over the course of a week, leading to 1,096 flights in all and more than 130,000 angry customers (Smith).... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Storm]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- At one point or another, we have all held and opened a piece of mail. Whether it was a birthday card, a letter from a friend, or even a bill, we have all held a piece of paper that was sent from somewhere else. Even in the age of Facebook and email, it is likely that you have held a piece of mail and most likely, the way it got from point A (the person sending the mail) to point B (the person receiving the mail) was through the United States Postal Service, or the USPS. In the past decade, the postal service has experienced a decreased volume in their letter mail.... [tags: Five Day Delivery, Congressional Control]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Customer service has been around for many years. When customer service first came into place in the business world, it was in stores. In society today customer service is with any job with any company. “Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job. -Anonymous”. (Walter). Customer service is taking care of your customers. Every customer needs to be treated the same with excellent customer service no matter the business or the age of the customer. All employees need to adapt to each customers’ needs in order to provide the best experience possible.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Want, Sales]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Service is any act, performance or experience that one party can offer to another and that is essentially intangible, and does not result in ownership of anything. Its production may or may not be tie to a physical product (lovelock,Patterson & Wirtz, 2011). Services are processes that provide time, place, form, problem solving or experiential value to receiver (lovelock,Patterson et. Al, 2011). No matter how good a service is, it will always vary not only in terms of variability but also in terms of consumer’s expectation.... [tags: customer exptation,customer service,service]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- "This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in." - Theodore Roosevelt As Secretary of the Debate Club of my high school, I was assigned the job of picking a community service project for the Club to participate in. Our school was having a “service day” and different classes and clubs were picking various projects around the community to do on this day. Some groups were going to play with kids at Safe Place, while others were serving food at the Soup Kitchen, and still others were volunteering to pick up trash around neighborhoods.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The United States Marshal Service (USMS) is a part of the Department of Justice. The United States Marshal Service occupies ninety-four United States Marshals, all appointed by the president. One Marshal is appointed to each federal court district. The headquarters is located in Washington, D.C. This is the oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement service. Although this service is often overlooked, it is critical in maintaining order in law enforcement. This service arrests approximately 337 fugitives every day.... [tags: service, law enforcement, program]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- People’s lives are changed every day by their actions and experiences. This past summer, I participated in a community service project, an experience that opened my eyes in many ways. I was a volunteer at the County Memorial Hospital. In my time as a volunteer at the hospital, I was able to meet patients and staff members from all over the world and learn about their life experiences. Listening to all of their stories has made me truly appreciate everything which I have. One experience that I will always remember is the day I was running errands and had the opportunity to meet a very special patient.... [tags: Community Service Essays]
444 words (1.3 pages)
- As usual, John is late. Because the other two Physical Therapists (PTs) are busy on their rounds, I just wait, sitting on the therapy tables reading the assorted pamphlets that are available to the patients. Every part of the body is represented in these books on the shelf. A slight humming sound comes from the air conditioner. The freshly waxed tile floor reflects the light that shines from the ceiling tract lights. Since I am a volunteer, the lowest on the totem pole of health care, I have no specific duties.... [tags: Community Service, Service Learning]
905 words (2.6 pages)