Essay PreviewMore ↓
This paper will cover many aspects of data as it applies to computer usage, storage, performance, input, and output devices. First, I will discuss methods of data input and which would be best for various situations. Then, I will talk about methods of output and which devices would work best in several different situations keeping in mind that convenience and quality are very important in output devices. I will then cover different types of storage devices and which ones are more effective in certain scenarios. The final portion of this paper will explain the role of many different aspects of a computer which determine the computer’s speed.
Accuracy of Data Input
There are many different way to input data into a computer for processing and considering the situation, one input device may be more effective than another input device.
How to Cite this Page
"Data Discussion Paper." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sukanya Panja started the first discussion with Gibbs and McIntyre’s paper, where she summarized the paper, Methods for comparing sequences of Amino Acids in the different protein. Where the paper basically describes the possible similarities between the sequences. While summarizing the paper she explained the run index and diagonal index. Here run index is when we are considering every consecutive diagonal and principal index is when we are taking only the principal diagonal. While explaining the examples many questions has been arousing, David and Jafar make a quite discussion over Table 1 and Figure 1, a question arose why this paper is comparing with these another cytochrome (while compa... [tags: Amino acid, Protein, DNA, Acid]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- The Health Care Effectiveness Data and Information(HEDIS) set is intended to rank health insurance plans to the public. The purpose of this paper is to look at the results of primary care physicians and their diabetic male patients, under a HMO Medicaid plan in Florida; and to view the effectiveness of their care on this population. Gone are the days of no choice when looking for a healthcare insurance carrier to provide coverage. An individual on the healthcare market place can rank the quality of the carrier based on their HEDIS ratings.... [tags: Health care, Health insurance, Data collection]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Data Warehouses (DW) integrate data from multiple heterogeneous information sources and transform them into a multidimensional representation for decision support applications. Apart from a complex architecture, involving data sources, the data staging area, operational data stores, the global data warehouse, the client data marts, etc., a data warehouse is also characterized by a complex lifecycle. In a permanent design phase, the designer has to produce and maintain a conceptual model and a usually voluminous logical schema, accompanied by a detailed physical design for efficiency reasons.... [tags: Technology Data]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- 5. Conclusions and Discussion Our survey results indicate that the good pace of AMT adoption in India continues with slight increase in pace in a comparable way. The grand average of adoption for all the 25 technology in 2010 is 2.125 (1-not implemented, 2-implementation in progress, 3-fully implemented) which was 2.002 in 2001. With respect to future plans for adoption the average for all technologies is 1.954 currently which was 1.867 (1-no plans, 2-considering plans, 3-have plans) in 2001. Similarly, the 2010 and 2001 values respectively for plans requiring investment are 0.505 and 0.620 (0-no, 1-yes).... [tags: Research Analysis]
714 words (2 pages)
- The past climatic history of Siberia has been explored through dating of speleothem samples from caves (Vaks et al., 2013). Speleothems are cave carbonates such as stalactites and stalagmites (see fig.1), which form when calcium carbonate is deposited into a solid from a solution, a process called ‘precipitation’ (Bradley, 2015). Cave conditions are unlikely to be affected by daily or seasonal variances in temperatures therefore through studying speleothems, the climate conditions throughout the past can be inferred and this paper seeks to put forward several predictions for the future.... [tags: climate, speleothems, permafrost, carbon release]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction This paper will provide a hypothetical discussion of how each of the four “worldviews” (post-positivism, constructivism, advocacy/participatory, and pragmatism) might apply to the proposed study. It will refer to the topic paper developed during the class RSH9101B (Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions) with the assistance of Dr. Kenneth Gossett, class mentor. The portion of the Topic Paper to be used will be the problem statement, which will provide the foundation for this discussion and completion of this assignment.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2174 words (6.2 pages)
- This paper addresses a currently relevant topic of detection of associations of copy number polymorphism with traits and will be of interest to readers of Genetics Research. The simulation study showed that the additional information of CNP could increase the accuracy of predicted genotypic value, compared to using SNP information alone in an association study. The accuracy was heavily dependent on the heritability of CNP phenotypes (correlation of CNP genotype and phenotype) (Table 3). The higher accuracy of the prediction with CNP information might also result in smaller mean squared errors of prediction (Table 4)’.... [tags: Genetics]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Informatics in health care is a very interesting class, it is basically how data and information combine to share among organizations, individuals, and other entities in a secure manner on an information technology (IT) platform. There are numerous topics that are very interesting, however the three that is most vitals are: Data, electronic health record and (EHR). It is very important to understand where one is coming from in order to know the destination. Therefore, it is important to know that before informatics was around, one has been collecting patients’ data for decades.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Electronic health record]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- The Human and Ethical Aspects of Big Data, quickly outlines an array of ethical problems that big data has had and will continue to develop in the upcoming years in our society. The author begins by giving an example of the earliest use of big data, the census. Census data can provide a plethora of benefits to society, representation in government, civil planning, such as road and water treatment, as these take years to construct and having the population and these necessities, Time align is crucial.... [tags: Play, Game, Gameplay, Privacy]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- Paper Since the recent terrorist attacks on the United States of America, politicians and policy makers are considering anti-terrorist legislation. This would include plans to implement a national identification card. The proposed national identification cards would include features such as magnetic stripes, holograms, and integrated circuits. “This magnetic stripe is expected soon to contain a digitized fingerprint, retina scan, voice print, and other biometric identifiers, and it will leave an electronic trail every time you use it”(1).... [tags: Essays Papers]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
There are a lot of different output methods for data, photos, documents, and presentations. The most important aspect of data output is quality and, depending on the situation you are faced with, one output device may be more effective than another output device. If you have a handheld computer the best output device would most likely be a LCD screen which can give you a clear liquid crystal display for your viewing pleasure. A color photograph has several options for output. You could use a high quality printer to make a hard copy of your photograph, but an organic light emitting diode might give you a higher quality display of your photograph. A standard resume or even a memorandum would probably be best suited for a standard inkjet printer for output. One could make many copies of a resume or memorandum which would all look exactly the same and could be used many times. A statistical report or a company annual report have several options for output as well, it would certainly depend on the situation and what was called for. If giving a presentation, an overhead projector or a display monitor would be the best output devices for a statistical report or a company annual report. A printer would also be an effective output device for a statistical report or a company annual report.
There are many different types of storage devices available to the everyday computer user and one device may be better suited than another device, depending on the situation at hand. A hard disk would probably be used for an upgraded inventory control system, as it can store a massive amount of data which can be recalled relatively quickly. A floppy disk, although practically obsolete at this point, could be used to store data and information which could easily be stored and transported. RAM only temporarily stores data, yet is vital for the operation of your computer. A CD ROM is a good way to store a lot of data. CD ROM’s a very popular way of storing music, photos, documents, and data. Magnetic tape, in my opinion, is a great way to back up disk drives and keep offsite in case something bad happens to your original information systems. A flash/jump drive is a very easy way to store and transport data in any form. Students and professionals alike could utilize flash/jump drives easy portability and potential to store and transport data.
The Speed of a Computer
There are many different aspects that play various roles in determining the speed of a computer. RAM, random access memory, plays a very important role in the speed of a computer. RAM is temporary data storage your computer uses to execute the various programs you are running at any given time on your computer. The more RAM you have, the faster your computer could be. Clock speed basically determines your machine cycle time. Faster clock speed directly affects the speed at which each instruction can be executed. Data on hard disk gives direct access to stored data which can be recalled directly and quickly in most cases. Programs, like Adobe Photoshop, can also use your hard disk as a means to running the program faster by accessing some of the space on the hard disk while in operation mode. Data on a CD ROM can hold almost 500 times more information than that of a floppy disk. Since CD ROM’s are read only, you can record info once and easily and quickly access it at any time.
I have discussed many aspects of data as it applies to computer usage, storage, performance, input, and output devices. I covered methods of data input, data output, different types of storage devices, and I explained the role of different aspects of a computer which determine the speed of a computer. It is clear that there are many options for general computer usage. The more you know about different devices, the better chance you will have in determining which device to use in any given situation.