Based on the survey conducted, my analysis of existing peer reviewed articles written on this there is apparent a number of areas that are sources of conflict between both groups. Understanding these issues is valued because the millennials are now entering the workforce in greater numbers. (Johnson, M., 2015) describes them as the most ethnically diverse, the most racially accepting and the most likely to have tattoos.
The first consideration for management is that Millennial Generation is relatively new to the work force and have upbringing that is entirely different from the baby boomers. This generation was born during a period where the access to information is available at one fingertip and can access these with relative ease. Santiago, T (2015) described the millennials as immersed in the technological connectivity. Often businesses that sought to create restrictions or limits on internet usage will help to create and foster more tension. This attitude is the polar appositive for the baby boomers, who appreciates the value of the internet, does not find a compelling need to be always connected. This difference, which on the surface seems insignificant have become a source of conflict. Educating both g...
... middle of paper ...
...g how the cultural experience of both groups influences their behavior. In addition, the research hopes to find things that are common to both groups and utilize these to create a successful relationship. From the survey I conducted, the first three questions related to demographics, when separated by generation forty percent self-identified as Baby boomers, fifty percent generation Y and five percent others.
Questions relating to computer skills ninety percent of the millennial ranked themselves as highly skilled, while the baby boomers rank was 75 percentile. The questionnaire also addressed the need for internet availability, and particularly social media in the work environment and overwhelming with a percentage score of 100 the Millennials thought this was a necessity, the baby boomers saw the need but with restrictions, with a percentage score of sixty five.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hello elected president Trump today I will be proposing policies that will directly address the current state of the health Care in the U.S and here is my proposed health care legislative agenda. To begin, the government needs to eliminate the Affordable Care Act which was passed by the Obama administration. As we know the U.S spends $3 trillion on healthcare alone in the country which that needs to be changed (2016). While you have changed your stance on the state of the reformed health care it should be reconsidered.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, United States]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- The current state of the U.S. has shown there being a moderate growth in the first quarter of 2016 this has been the result of more jobs becoming available as the nation progresses in technology and science making more jobs available. Low oil prices have also contributed to this economic growth as the low prices have sustain for longer periods allowing more personal consumptions and corporation consumption of the oil in order to pick up productivity or leisure to the public allowing the people of the U.S.... [tags: Central bank, Inflation, Monetary policy]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Today, in 2016, it is the first time ever in the history of the United States where a female is a presidential nominee in either the Republican or Democratic party. As much as I am proud of that accomplishment, as an Arizonan, I am more impressed on how the state of Arizona ranks near the top for females in state elected office. Often times, Arizona is attacked for not having better ranking in various categories. These negative paradigms develop a bad reputation for the state of Arizona. As Arizona measures the top of female elected officials, I believe Arizona is better with the inclusion of female elected officials for the development of public policy.... [tags: Gender, Female, U.S. state, Male]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- I was tasked with developing an agenda topics for the Senior Management retreat to be held on May 31, 2016. In order to identify the topics for discussion I needed to identify what was the current state of the company’s profitability and what the company is doing to be a socially responsible organization. First, I completed a thorough review of the company’s current business practices, conducting several focus groups as well as an employee survey of the company’s to identify their top five suggestions for improving their productivity, commitment to the company and overall job satisfaction.... [tags: Implementation, Management, Employee benefit]
707 words (2 pages)
- Why is professional writing declining in America’s workforce. In Sam Dillon’s “What Corporate America Can’t Build: A Sentence”, Dillon blames this decline on the American education system. Dillon writes to administrators and educators in the “Higher Education” section of the New York Times to convince them to increase the teaching of professional writing in schools. Dillon displays to his audience the current business world that students going into the workforce are creating. This initiative is being created so students are prepared when they graduate and go into the workforce and millions of dollars aren’t spent trying to teach students things that they should already know.... [tags: Rhetoric, Education, Writing]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- I found many of Ms. Beattie’s ideas and concepts to be particularly interesting, as well as, informative given the current state of change throughout organizational development. The top three ideas in which, I will be identifying and describing, are found throughout the concepts of Inclusive Organizational Culture, Diversified Collaboration, and Leadership Development Paradigm. I have chosen these three key ideas based on my personal experiences and supportive research from the modern organizational setting.... [tags: Management]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction As advancement in technology and healthcare are improving people in America are living longer. It is estimated that the U.S. population of older adults who will turn 65 will double between 2000 and 2030 (Cochrane, Belza, & Brown, 2008). Compared to younger adults older patients are more frail and they have more complex health issues causing them to utilize healthcare more. With a growing population of baby boomers there is a high demand for nursing care. Nursing care is the most important because nurses provide the highest number of preventative and curative patient care (Oulton, 2006).... [tags: Nursing Essays]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Legal Issues In Reduction Of Workforce Introduction Fast Serve, Incorporated is a $25 million company whose main product is direct marketing of branded sports apparel. They have recently decided to end their online retail outlet.... [tags: Lay Offs Fire Downsizing]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- The 7 C's of Workforce Development 1) Consensus is the extent to which the major stakeholders, government, employers and trade unions are signed up to a commitment to upgrade the skills of the workforce. 2) Competitive Capacity.-Refers to the competitive capacity for productive innovation and change. A high skills economy depends on a high level of entrepreneurial and risk-taking activities, whether in terms of new business ventures or through innovation within existing enterprises, linked to new technologies, R&D and the upgrading of skills.... [tags: Workplace Case Study Analysis]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- During this week group presentation the topic of disability of was addressed. Disabilities range from mental to physical disabilities and in some cases some disabilities are hard to identify when compared to others. According to (Larry G. Kontosh, 2007) within the current market place for skilled labour the issues of disability is preventing some individuals from pursuing career goals within the health sector. (Gustafson, 2014) Suggest that there is a growing awareness in the market sector of the needs of disabled individuals within an organisations workforce.... [tags: Disability, Mental disorder]
1049 words (3 pages)