Jon let out a long needed sigh as he hopped onto the couch in Veronica’s apartment. He still didn’t return her keys, so he just decided to let himself in. He didn’t expect her to be there, since she made it very clear that she wasn’t going to be anywhere that he could normally find her. But, all her stuff was clearly there, so maybe she hadn’t even gone home since the whole thing.
He looked to his side and saw a small journal sitting on a table. He knew it would be a huge invasion of privacy if he read it, but maybe it had a clue as to where she would be. He needed to find her fast before she was completely out of his life. He picked it up and started flipping through the pages until he found the last entry. It was dated a month earlier, so he probably wouldn’t have found any valuable information. though he still found himself reading it.
I still think of him, honestly. Though this time, I find myself thinking of all the bad times, and there were a lot. But I’m trying my hardest to think of the good times because I don’t want to not love him; he’s done some really good things for me that changed my life. I mean, he was the one that encouraged me to not be ashamed of my profession. To this day, I still hear his voice every time I’m about to go out on stage. I always hear him say, “If anyone has a problem with you removing your clothes for money, then they can suck a dick. You have a very sexy body, and if you want to flaunt it, go ahead. Fuck those stuck up bitches you call your parents, and all the other snooty, primp and proper fuckers who have a problem with you being a stripper.” I miss him so much, and it hurts to know that two years from now, he probably won’t even remember me.
Anyway, it’s been exactly three weeks sinc...
... middle of paper ...
...e Cincinnati and be happy,” she said, rising from the couch. “And obviously you don’t since you wouldn’t let me leave.” By that point, she wanted to just walk away and try to forget him, but her feet stayed planted to the ground while she stared straight at him.
He sighed before raking his hands through his hair. “Fine. Go ahead. I can’t force you to stay with me, so do whatever the fuck you want,” he said before getting up from the sofa and leaving her apartment, slamming the door behind him.
Veronica stared at the door just to see if he would come back. After five minutes had passed, she realize that he was serious, and he probably wasn’t going to come back. Even though she really wanted him to come back, she hoped that he didn’t. If he did, she didn’t think she would be able to resist kissing him.
She sighed and went into her room to begin packing her things.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- School was normal at ShinDong High. This school is filled with the varieties of many different kinds of people, here are the the so called people: Nerds Dorks Geeks Queenkas and Kingkas It was currently lunch. The halls were now filled with the many students as they rushed over to the cafeteria. Their favorite period was lunch. This is because lunch is filled with entertainment, day by day, week by week, month by month, and year my year. Entertainment is a tradition at lunch which was created by none other, than the past Queenkas and Kingkas.... [tags: Creative Writing Short Story]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- A writer by its base definition is someone who strings written words together to form coherent though. By that definition, I think that I do consider myself a writer. If you stretch the term of writer out to someone who writes as a career, then I would not say that I was a writer in any form. I think that the word writer is one that is very subjective. We write without even a second thought if we are shooting out a text or scribbling a quick note, but harder forms of writing are intimidating. I hear this over and over from friends and classmates, “I hate writing.” or “I’m not good at writing.” What is it about writing that is so threatening to many college students.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Writing system, Creative writing]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- ... There were no men there to fill in the gaps. Eric was doing fine since his father’s passing, but there was a part of his childhood that was taken away from him. I had finally seen that spark of happiness in his eyes again. Eric had become introverted. He threw himself into practicing karate as a way to deal with the pain of losing his father. These brothers had come into his life. They stepped in and they were filling the role that was left empty by his father. I was so happy for my son. Lord knows he had suffered enough and he deserved to be happy now.... [tags: christianity, bible, genesis]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- It was three weeks before Christmas when my little sister Emily barged into my room. I was busy preparing gifts for the holidays and also was listening to music. I took an earbud out to listen to what she had to say, but I still was not facing her. She then asked if Santa was real. In my busy state of mind, I nonchalantly said yes and urged her out of my room so I could finish what I was doing. At the time, I did not think much about my response. A few days later, my family were all gathered around for lunch when Emily began questioning me about Santa Claus.... [tags: family, gifts, emily]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- I looked around me, nothing but laughter, nothing but happiness. My eyes scanned over the table, at the people that meant the most to me. My birthday had been the best yet, 'nothing better than being around your friends on your special days' I seem to recall my mother saying. I had received many presents, been hugged by many people, enjoyed the attention, yet there was something; something missing,. As I closed my eyes I tried to grasp what this feeling was. That day was not the only day I had been feeling this, but since everyday I could remember; however, this particular day it was more prevalent than ever before.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- It was a hot summer day, the sun floundering every terrace with its burning waves. I was with Sam, at his terrace, playing with those plastic tubes that spread water everywhere as we squeeze them. It was among the happiest moments of my summer vacation, which was not that long, for it was only two Sundays a month, the rest was at the daunting and exhausting mill of my master or patron. Sam and I were bond by a sturdy friendship crowned with the innocence of the early childhood that I miss greatly.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- When I first began Writing 101 I only had skills from high school and creative writing, and had no experience writing in a college setting. The reason I took this class was because it was a basic requirement for my studies. I started this class believing that I knew a lot about writing simply because I wrote often in my spare time, and creative writing was my favorite subject in high school. Now that this class is coming to an end, I realized there was so much I did not know about writing such as the rules and styles of writing.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Creative writing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- How can you benefit from creative writing. What is creative writing and how can you benefit from the use of creative writing. The definition of creative writing is: writing, typically fiction or poetry, which displays imagination or invention. This explains why creative writing is known as the most natural form of writing because everything is based on your knowledge, or your imagination. It allows you to become one with yourself and express your inner thoughts on paper. This form of writing grants the creative process to keep flowing until you grasp a “Shitty First Draft” as Anne Lammot says.... [tags: Creative writing, Creativity, Writing, Editing]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- It had been love at first sight, the day I met Tom. That stormy night so many years ago, I can remember every last detail of it. The second I’d seen him, our eyes had locked. He was tall, had chocolate brown hair and eyes I could stare into all day. I knew instantly I was in love. A mutual friend had seen the intent gaze we shared and introduced us. And from then on, everything just got better and better. It was like living a dream. He took me out to dinner, met my parents – they loved him, he even agreed to come shopping with me.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)