The way a person looks and how others view them is a major factor in one’s confidence and plastic surgery assists people in gaining confidence in themselves. By changing their appearance, people can boost their confidence. In today’s society, peoples are regarded as individuals that are in control of what they look like. Tattoos for instance are popular permanent etches into your skin that many people are in favor of. However, when it comes to plastic surg...
... middle of paper ...
...ith dead fat that would not go away through exercise and will persist if not surgically removed. In fact more so than not the cases seen at a plastic surgery arts center are medical rather than “lazy” people who want to take the easy way out of exercising. Misconceptions like these create issues for those who wish to receive plastic surgery because it paints the patients in a negative light.
Overall, plastic surgery is done for oneself and not for anyone else. Although it is true cosmetic procedures can increase one’s happiness, the surgery has to be done because the patient wants to and not because of pressure from friends, family members, or even society. Plastic surgery seems like a hotly debated topic in America currently, but it is simply nothing more than a way for people to lose their insecurities as well as negative medical conditions that haunt their past.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Plastic Surgery Diminishes Overall Health As there are many advancements in the medical field, a perfect body like many celebrities are attainable with a couple thousand dollars through plastic surgery. However, how many of those people feel that their life has changed for the better. Society is being reformed to fit the standards media poses as it plays a huge role in many lives) Media is not the only problem people face every day. It includes judgment of coworkers, bullying, religion and environmental pressure.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- Hunter Reinhart Research Paper Writ 101 11.30.12 Title: Reconstructive & Cosmetic Plastic Surgery: a Pro or a Con. Introduction w/ thesis: Is it the bigger, perkier breasts, the taught tummy, the lifted butt, or the younger looking face that draws people to plastic surgery. Is it the cost, the pain, the perception of being “fake” because you got plastic surgery that pushes people away from wanting to get the surgery. Have you ever considered getting reconstructive or cosmetic plastic surgery. Are you for or against the surgeries.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Title: Reconstructive & Cosmetic Plastic Surgery: a Pro or a Con. Introduction w/ thesis: Is it the bigger, perkier breasts, the taught tummy, the lifted butt, or the younger looking face that draws people to plastic surgery. Is it the cost, the pain, the perception of being “fake” because you got plastic surgery that pushes people away from wanting to get the surgery. Have you ever considered getting reconstructive or cosmetic plastic surgery. Are you for or against the surgeries. Plastic surgery should only be performed for medical reasons, such as a broken nose, embarrassing or unwanted scars from an accident, or a birth deformity, such as a cleft palate.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Aesthetic surgery is a form of plastic surgery that is used to enhance or change your appearance. Many times it helps in curbing depression or self -esteem issues. The most famous types of aesthetic surgery are nose jobs, breast implants and fat reduction. This surgery has become very common nowadays and can help anyone to look good, beautiful and it can be a means of feeling better about yourself. Aesthetic surgery can increase your outer beauty and help you to increase your self -confidence. It has the ability to improve your appearance, develop greater self -esteem and reduce stress related to the body image.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast reconstruction]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Skin Deep Beauty is a huge thing in the world today. Looks are the first thing someone notices about you and it is what they judge you on. It is just how our society is today. Unfortunately, it is what the world has come to. The biggest extreme that someone can go to to enhance their natural beauty is to have plastic surgery. People are choosing to have plastic surgery due to the influence of celebrities, selfies, bullying, how important beauty is in society and the health benefits of it as well.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Studies show that "1684 [of] women [had] invasive breast cancer, 12.6% reported a first-degree relative with breast cancer" (167). Not only does cosmetic breast surgery bring fiscal risks but so do the rest of the surgeries given. Other risks include scarring, nerve damage, blood clots, heart attack and even death. Therefore, improving your appearance can can cost not only money but also your life. Reconstructive surgery's performed to improve an abnormal feature due to trauma, birth defect, infection, tumors and diseases.... [tags: self-concept, cosmetic, reconstructive]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the United States 14.6million cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in 2012. Cosmetic procedures range from skin rejuvenation to cleft palate repair. The most popular age range of cosmetic surgeries performed is 40 to 54 years old. Most of us are self conscious about how we will appear in the future. Our self conscious feelings towards our body image affects us psychologically and psychosocially by our own body-self image, sexual relationships, social interactions esteem and self worth.... [tags: Emotions, Body image, Surgery]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Plastic surgeons are described as surgical specialists, which are mainly focused on reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgeons are intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature (American Society Of Plastic surgeons).Though cosmetic or aesthetic surgery is the most well-known kind of plastic surgery, plastic surgery itself is not necessarily considered cosmetic and includes many types of reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns (Maryland Institute of cosmetic surgeons).... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- “ To men a man but a mind. Who cares what face he carries or what he wears. But woman’s body is still the woman. “(Bierce,1958). People nowadays want to be more beautiful and perfect. They will do anything to fulfill their needs. Cosmetic surgery is modern variation of a practice as old as humankind. Every culture has some customs that prescribe deliberately changing a body’s natural appearance (Brain, 1979). The methods, however, are diverse and particular to a culture at a specific period of time.... [tags: Cosmetic Procedures]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Cosmetic Surgery - Worth the Risk. In today's society the picture of beauty is a thin super model with the body of a goddess posted on billboards all around the world. Children grow up playing with Barbie dolls with the body measurements of would be 90,60,90. Because of these pictures and other figures of beauties projected all over, a person is convinced to believe that to be beautiful and happy, one must look like these images. To most, the easiest way to achieve this is my having cosmetic surgery performed.... [tags: essays research papers]
1446 words (4.1 pages)