The items you need to bring with you can differ between the beach and the city but it can also be the same. At the beach you need to bring bathing suits and surf boards. At the beach you want to bring shorts and tank tops. While in the city it is wise to bring comfortable shoes and a jacket. The city you should bring shorts and comfortable shirts as well as dress clothes if you plan on attending a Broadway show or a musical or even go out to a nice restaurant. In the city and the beach if you want to do things outdoors you should bring sunscreen and shoes. In both places it is wise to bring cash for public transportation but different types are available in both places. And of course you will need to always bring your own toiletries.
The major difference between the city and the beach are the types of activities you can do. At the beach you can surf, relax on the beach, go for a boat ride to see dolphins or other forms of marine life, and build sand castles. In the city you can see museums, art galleries, theaters and plays. Both the beach and the city have attractions such as aquariums and historical places. It depends on how much you know and want to know about the area. Also there are the iconic scenes to see. In the city you can see lots of beautiful buildings, street vendors and the iconic yellow ta...
... middle of paper ...
.... It is used frequently in both situations as a normal mode of transportation. At the beach you will have cars, boats, bicycles, and the occasional community bus or trolley. In the city people travel by taxi, bus, and the subway. Depending on the time of day it can be very hard to catch a taxi or find a seat on the subway, though.
By comparing and contrasting vacationing at the beach and in the city using items to bring with you, things to do, and the pace of life in both places I hope to have helped you make an informed decision on your vacation. As we have now discussed the beach and the city can be very much alike but also worlds apart. Whether you want the relaxation of the beach or the arts of the city, it is your decision to make. I hope I have given you the facts to make an informed decision. Go on and plan the vacation of you and your families dream.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Myrtle Beach vs. New York City Picture a beautiful city surrounded by tall skyscrapers soaring into the clouds and the beautiful statue of liberty standing still on the water. You walk down the street passing hundreds of little shops and restaurants, all the while you are taken a back by the breathtaking beauty of the city that you are gazing upon. Now picture laying on the beach at sunset listening to the ocean waves. The air is crisp and the smell of saltwater is bitter sweet. The locations I’m describing are New York City and Myrtle Beach.... [tags: compare and contrast paper]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- The first thing I heard was Virginia Beach vacation, and then in excitement I ran and got my stuff and started to pack. The part I was most excited about was that the hotel is a beachfront hotel room.I was so excited because I love the beach and I really wanted to go back to the beachfront hotel and stay there. I went there when I was in second grade. I have gotten to go there a few times since second grade, but I did not get to stay there overnight. I do not remember much, but what I remember is that I had a lot of fun, got to see a beautiful sunset, and got to play in the beach for a long time, and then I have to roam Boardwalk and go shopping with my family.... [tags: English-language films, Beach, Hotel, Hotels]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- ... All three of us have different personalities that made vacation funny and interesting. We did so many things that we would not have done by ourselves. These personalities made us live outside of our comfort zone and tried new experiences. One of my cousins rented us an apartment. When we entered into apartment we found that place to be very small, out of date and bland, but we had a beautiful beach view. Despite of all these inadequate living conditions, we were still excited and enthusiastic about our trip.... [tags: Water, Ocean, English-language films, Coast]
702 words (2 pages)
- Taking a walk at the beach with the sun rising, and the warm climate has to be one of the best settings for vacation. Unfortally, that’s not my vacation. My vacation usually consist of going to Mexico by car during the processes of three days and then having to share two bathrooms with your parents, three brothers, and like seven other people that are forced to stay at your father’s vacation home because they don’t have anywhere to go. Overall, it’s not that bad since my dad’s house is pretty big and every family gets their own room, but it’s a different story when they all refuse to cooperate.... [tags: Sociology, Family, Conflict theory, Shower]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- On Wednesday morning of July 19, 1989, it was just an average day. I woke up at 3:45 a.m., stretched, and cooked my wife and I some breakfast. The usual, scrambled eggs and toast. Today we were heading off for our vacation to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We prepared for this vacation for months. We were excited to finally be back with our immediate family members. We began to stack our luggage into her son’s vehicle. He was going to drive us to the SUX airport. The sun has not even appeared, and my wife and I were heading off for two months of unforgettable fun.... [tags: Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, Chicago, Iowa]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Last summer my friends and I packed up and took a trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The excitement of the strip and the relaxation of the beach allured me to this particular vacation spot. If you are looking for an entertaining and relaxing way to spend the hot days of summer, Myrtle Beach has plenty to offer. Myrtle Beach stretches up the coast of South Carolina and North Carolina. The drive takes approximately six hours from East Tennessee State University. Our trip during the summer made for a great vacation, the temperature stayed between the 80’s and 90’s, perfect sun tanning weather.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Parents don’t feel safe staying somewhere with their children can walk out the back door and walk to a mountain. That can be very dangerous. Plus, There are a lot of bears at the mountain, and the parents would have to keep a close watch on the children. The good thing about both vacation sites is the vacationer can find great places to stay within one mile from their vacation destination. When people go to the beach, the weather is always suitable for them. It is always beautiful and sunny at the beach.... [tags: English-language films, Sun, American films]
709 words (2 pages)
- I used to spend the last part of my summer vacation with my uncle and aunt. As a continuation of a long-ago-established tradition we decided going to York - a small, picturesque tourist town at the seaside, located in the southeastern part of Maine. On the 27th of August, early in the morning we went to my uncle’s car with the entire luggage, prepared to leave and spend a nice, relaxing vacation, far away from the problems of the city. Unfortunately the unpleasant surprises started from the first second of our vacation.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever been on a vacation. To me a vacation is a time to be with friends or family. When I think of vacations, I think of packing, the flight or drive, and relaxation. Not only is it very exciting to go on a vacation, but you get closer to the people that go with you. Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)