The thing about this book that have fascinated me is the character Smitty. From the very moment Ginny meets Smitty in class, you can tell that he is going to be an interesting person himself. Ginny even describes Smitty in a fascinating way, taking note of every one of his features. It even turns out that Smitty has a very complex history to him which leads to why he acts like he does to one another. Throughout the book, you learn about all the things that Smitty has gone through as Ginny and Caulder dig deeper into his past. One of the things that peaked my interest was the relationship between Smitty and his brother. You would think Smitty wouldn't fear about telling someone about what his brother did to him because he was so far away, but it shows just how terrified Smitty is of his brother and his actions.
The main conflict in The Only Alien on the Planet is the dangerous relationship between Smitty and his brother. After you learn about Smitty's past near the middle of the book, you realize how dangerous of a s...
... middle of paper ...
...and I share is her strong curiosity. I say this because even though all the times Ginny wanted to give up on Smitty's past, she still kept going because she truly cared for Smitty and wanted to know what really caused him to act this way.
The differences Ginny and I have are her toughness and her ability to state her opinions and to stand her ground. I say this because throughout the book, Ginny experiences a lot of events that she couldn't tell to any of her brothers or parents because they were either too busy or they didn't understand. Which is why she ended up keeping all her emotions and thoughts bottled up until the very end. Her ability to state her opinions and stand her ground is a difference between us, because I am very afraid to speak my opinion. I end up either not stating my opinion or thoughts on anything because I am afraid of being wrong or judged.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are eight planets in our solar system. The first planet closest to the sun is Mercury. Therefore, Mercury is the hottest planet. Mercury’s surface is cold. However, in the daytime Mercury can get as hot as 840 degrees fahrenheit, which is 450 degrees celsius. During night time the temperature can decrease to 275 degrees fahrenheit, or -170 degrees celsius. Mercury is the smallest planet. Mercury is the quickest planet to move around the sun. Its speed is approximately 112,000 mph along its elliptical orbit.... [tags: Planet, Solar System, Jupiter, Mars]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout history the definition of planet has changed greatly. The Greeks defined a planet as an object that was a “wanderer” in the sky. This was to say that a planet was an object that changes position relative to the background stars. This included the 5 planets visible to the human eye (Earth was not considered a planet) and sometimes included the Sun and Moon. The definition of planet was changed and reworked until 2006, when the current official definition was created. This definition is as follows: “A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibri... [tags: Planet, Solar System, Dwarf planet, Neptune]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Earth is the third planet from the sun and the densest planet in our Milky Way Galaxie. Earth has a radius of 3,959 miles and the age of 4.54 billion years. The distance from the earth to the sun has shown to be approximately 92,960,000 miles. The Earth is divided into several layers which have a variety of chemical and seismic properties (depths in km): 0-40 Crust 40-400 Upper mantle 400-650 Transition region 650-2700 Lower mantle 2700-2890 D" layer 2890-5150 Outer core 5150-6378 Inner Core The crust varies in thickness throughout earth.... [tags: Earth, Solar System, Sun, Planet]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- A smile flickered across her face as she realized why she agreed to come along with him. She’d agreed because it was an excuse to fly her anti-gravity fighter craft. She didn’t give a damn about exploring dead worlds and wandering planets. She wasn’t the touring kind; there was nothing interesting in exploring dead worlds. Not for her anyway. There definitely wasn’t anything worth writing home about out here on the dead planet, only ruins left behind by an alien civilization long dead. “I heard you loud and clear the first time.” A suprisingly deep but friendly amused voice came through the high definition 3D sound communications system installed into the ship.... [tags: ship, worlds, craft, planet]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- The reflective shiny silver metal doors hissed open and Cede Nazzzuuh strode majestically into his quarters. The doors gave their snake-like hiss again and slid shut behind him. Cede went straight for the exquisite, luxurious couch set by the middle of the spacious ‘living room’ and threw himself onto it. He was exhausted. It had been a very busy but fruitless day. Today unlike the last five days they didn’t find anything of value to him from the alien ruins. It was seven days since they landed on the planet but they only managed to find four gold statues and two gold masks.... [tags: aliens, planet, news, space]
2932 words (8.4 pages)
- My friend and I went to the AMNH on Saturday and we saw all the exhibits. We went to the Hall of Biodiversity first, and then Gottesman Hall of Planet Earth, the Heilbrunn Cosmic Pathway, Cullman Hall of the Universe, lastly is the Spitzer Hall of Human Origins. It took us three hours to visit all the exhibits. The first thing we saw was a giant clam and on the wall was the name Hall of Biodiversity. There were aquatic animals hanging on the ceiling from sharks to stingrays. I could barely see the aquatic animals because there was not a lot of lighting.... [tags: Earth, Universe, Planet, Human]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction Pluto will always be considered a planet to me despite what NASA and the IAU has to say about it. As a kid, I was always fascinated by Pluto; since it was the smallest of the 9 planets. The main reason was because it is the smallest of the planets in our solar system and was the last of the 9 planets to be discovered. In 2006, when I learned that Pluto was downgraded to a dwarf planet by the International Astronomical Union (IAU), I was disappointed because it no longer met the newly developed criteria for it to be categorized as a planet.... [tags: plutoid, astronomy, dwarf planet]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Quite a while back in the solar system, there was numbered to have 10 Planet; Mercury!, Venus!, Earth!, Opilus!, Mars!, Jupiter!, Saturn!, Uranus!, Neptune!, Pluto!, and Cornbread!!. This planet was unique to us, we would remain absolutely determined to get its compound and components to fashion our weapons. We needed the Planet for to ourself as a result of what the Planet Cornbread is comprised of; vitality, gas, electric atom, Ununbium, and Lutetium these sorts of compounds are may together and having gives people weapons as though it was given by the Almighty God, no man could envision how much power can be in their grasp.... [tags: Earth, Solar System, Planet, Sun]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Planet X. It sounds like something from a science fiction movie. There has been a lot of speculation about whether or not planet X really exists. Many people are obsessed with the theory that it exists and have done some really crazy things ,such as threaten suicide, because they are so disturbed about the planet. Maybe that is why it is also called the “doomsday planet”. Planet X has also been named Nibiru and is considered the twelfth planet. The name Nibiru came from a book written by Zecharia Sitchin.... [tags: exist, scientist, planet]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Transformation: Randle McMurphy & Patients He waltzed into the ward and introduced himself to every patient as a gambling man with a zest for women and cards. Randle P. McMurphy, a swaggering, gambling, boisterous redheaded con man, arrived at the ward from the Pendleton Work Farm. He was sentenced to six months at the prison work farm, but pretended to be insane in order to obtain a transfer to the hospital because he thought it would be more comfortable than the work farm. Bromden senses that there was something different about this new patient.... [tags: Essays Papers]
855 words (2.4 pages)