Ah, Christmas the time of giving and caring. Christmas decorations of green and red twinkling lights are strung throughout the houses of the neighborhoods, carolers sing cheery tunes from the tops of their lungs in the streets, and gifts big and small are wrapped to the best of Neopets ability sitting readily under a large ornamented evergreen Christmas tree. Everyone loves Christmas for it’s a time of running to the stores for presents and spreading smiles. Everyone adores Christmas that is except for this one unspirited Skeith and that brings us to our story.
Morty despised the month of Giving since he could remember. He thought Christmas was a waste of hard earned Neopoints and full of foolish activities. He couldn’t stand seeing the array of houses that were strewn with wreaths on the doors, blown up Santa figurines in the lawns, and obnoxious lights hung on the houses on his way to the mall where he worked. At this time of year most of all, he hated working in the mall. The mall was over-crowded with overall happy older Neopets and their crazily frenzied children. Morty pushed open the door to the mall and exhaled the cool air he had been inhaling on his walk to his job. Signs of holiday sales were plastered on the windows of the shops. A red velvet chair sat behind an oversized toy train some of the kids were riding in. He slowly walked to the back of the store dressing room and got changed into his felt red and white faux fur-lined Santa suit and put on his Santa hat. Morty loathed every minute he spent in that uncomfortable tight itchy suit and had only agreed to it because his boss Andrea was paying him double. After changing, he exited the dressing room where he ran into Andrea.
“Morty I just love that outfit ...
... middle of paper ...
...ce at all, those children waited hours to see you and you couldn’t take a few seconds just to sit and talk with them where is your holiday spirit?” She scolded him
“I have none Christmas is a lie Santa isn’t real” He shot back from the kitchen
“And what’s it any of your business” He added sipping his steaming hot Borovan
She furrowed her eyebrows at his attitude toward her. He looked at the clock in his Neohome it was seven o clock. His work shift was in two hours. He grabbed bread out of the dusty old cupboard and popped it into the toaster.
“It’s all my business, I was sent here to teach you a lesson in kindness and I can’t leave until you start showing some” She informed him
The toast was ready he took it out of the toaster and went to the refrigerator for some butter. He spread the butter onto the crispy brown toast. He sat at the dining room table nibbling it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... “Well there is this new doll daddy and she has all these new clothes!” She exclaims with a huge smile. She has a piece of paper with all the things she wants. “Is that your list?” he asked as he took a bite of his food. She smiled and shook her head. “Better not lose it," he laughed, Jaslene laughed and then started eating. All she could think about was seeing all Santa’s little helpers and seeing Santa so she could tell him exactly what she wants. The note being so he doesn 't forget. As they finish up dinner Brett cleans up after dinner and walks Jaslene to her bedroom.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Christmas Eve. Yay. I jumped out of my bed at 5:00 A.M., eating, going around the christmas tree, watching christmas shows, eating cookies, and eating the gingerbread house. When everybody in my house woke up at 12:00 P.M. I started to sing, put on christmas songs to full voice, screaming all around what I want for Christmas tomorrow. I am always super active, I already put their billions of presents from me under the tree. I made sure all the decorations are awesome, I have my own tree in my room for Christmas , hat, clothing , I was fully in Christmas Mode and nothing could bring me down.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Wheel, Aircraft]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- ... I smelled things that I’d never noticed before. The smell of cinnamon burned my nose and made me gag. I couldn’t go anywhere without sneezing, throwing up, or gagging. Not only were my senses out of control, but I’d also gained another five pounds, and it had only been thirty days since my last doctor’s visit. I didn’t know what I was going to do if I kept gaining weight like this. I didn’t want to look like Miss. Piggy at the end of my pregnancy. I had to stop eating so much and start exercising like the doctor suggested.... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Cocoa butter]
703 words (2 pages)
- ... I was concerned because Rolly has always been a handful to deal with, but Rolly really mellowed out when Lucky came to live with us. We still have our kitty, Mystique, and she keeps both boys in line, like good kitties do. My spring semester in College ended December 10th, and I go back January 21st. I’m grateful for the break. I got an A in my Religious Study course and a B in Logic. All I can say of Logic is it’s not so logical. I now have six courses left to finish my degree, and I can’t wait to be done.... [tags: High school, Academic term, William Wesley]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Hundreds of people every day travel through the pedestrian area of Library Mall on foot, bikes, and occasionally in car. Located in the heart of it all, Library mall connects The University of Wisconsin Madison to the hustle and bustle of State Street and the Capital square. Library Mall goes back into the history of the students who helped develop it and have walked through its many phases of construction. In its most recent remodel it features winding concrete benches but is missing the iconic water fountain that the site once was home to.... [tags: Sociology, Pierre Bourdieu, Fast food]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Bedlam at Christmas - Original Writing As I walk out of the dusty and bleakly interiored station, I feel excited to be in Oxford Street. As it's the 23rd of December, I have opened the ultimate door of stress upon myself as I have to get all of my Christmas shopping done TODAY. The mood is quite surreal as the cold and snowy yet warm spirit of Christmas slightly lightens the, otherwise rude, obnoxious, and grumpy, every day shoppers. Where is she. I wonder to myself, frustrated.... [tags: Papers]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- ... Christmas Day in Brazil is usually more relaxing for families. They often spend the day together, enjoy left over food from the night before, and possibly attend an afternoon mass. A specific tradition that is only present in Brazil is the idea of a 13th salary. In the month of December, Brazilian workers are paid a 13th salary, or essentially paid their salary twice for that month. Brazil does this in hopes of boosting the economy around Christmas time. New Years in Brazil is quite the celebration.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1035 words (3 pages)
- As far back as I could remember, I was always in a rush to grow up and be responsible. I was about thirteen when I realized I wanted a job, so I could have my own money. I’d even fill out applications online, lying about my age but it never worked. A few birthdays went by and I was celebrating my sixteenth birthday and a few weeks later; I received my first retail job. My very first job was at a popular teen store called Aeropostale. I learned and experienced a lot working there and made friends as well.... [tags: Shopping mall, Retailing, American films]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- A Christmas Story “You’ll shoot your eye out kid, merry Christmas. Ho Ho Ho.” is probably one of the most popular lines of the 1983 Christmas classic, A Christmas Story, written by Jean Shepherd. According to The State Newspaper web site, “A Christmas Story is a low budget movie about a sort of dysfunctional family.” (Bryant) It is a dysfunctional tale about a nine year old boy named Ralphie growing up in 1940’s Indiana dreaming of the perfect Christmas gift, a Red Rider 200-shot Carbine Action Air Rifle.... [tags: Movie Film Movies Christmas Story Essays]
720 words (2.1 pages)