To be honest, I cannot decide if I like this direct instruction approach or not. An aspect I do not like about this approach is the kids are treated like robots, having to repeat the same words to the teacher’s tapping. The uniformity of it all seems a bit eerie, and I personally do not think I would enjoy going to a school like this. Another aspect I do not like about this approach is having children participate in group activities like this does not allow room for error. If kids are unsure of what to say, their teacher will not know and they will fall behind. They also could be afraid of being wrong, so they pretend to participate. Though there are some negative aspects to this approach, there are also some positives. The kids are provided the opportunity to have an individual evaluation with the teacher. This is helpful because the students are in a low pressure situation and the teacher will be able to see if the student is actually learn...
... middle of paper ...
...o learn in an anxiety free environment is important.
From these videos, I learned there is no perfect education system. Educators are still trying to figure out the best possible way to teach kids what they need in order to be successful. All of these school’s implement art into their curriculum which is super important. I learned that it is important for kids to think cognitively and to not be stuck in a box but to jump off of a page. I also learned that each child is different and it is important to let them experience different things in order to learn at their own pace and figure out what they want to do. Finally, I learned that our current education system is not living up to its potential. Though none of these schools are perfect, it is important for us to find a balance and mold our education system into a perfect learning environment for children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Throughout the weekly modules CSU Global often uses YouTube videos for students to watch and learn. This is effective with online learning because some approaches are not possible. For example, experimental approach may be more difficult or impossible. It would be almost impossible to role play online and have it be an effective learning technique. Through online learning students discern what the goals are and then they are assigned coursework that needs to be completed; this is part of the direct instruction approach (Education Purduecal, n.d.).... [tags: teacher, talk, appropriate, learning]
693 words (2 pages)
- I observed all together a total of 4 schools. I also observed some of the school’s classrooms more than once. One of my schools was Grand Prairie Elementary School district 157c. Another I observed grades through kindergarten, first, and second. The next school was Frankfort Park District preschool. Another was Lincoln Way Central High School district 210 were I was able to observe grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Lastly I observed Haines Elementary School district 122. All the schools allowed me to observe and were friendly and kind.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- Guided Practice: Guided practice is the process of engaging students in tasks similar to the one’s modeled by the teacher. The students practice the new learning under direct teacher supervision. The teacher leads the students through the steps necessary to perform the skill. After the teacher has introduce the new learning to students, guided practice must occur. We want students to remember and transfer this knowledge not memorize. As part of instruction delivery, teachers incorporate guided practice through active application of information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Educational psychology]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- CSR programs do have a strong influence on consumers. More specifically, it would appear that CSR has both a direct and an indirect effect on consumer responses to products, attitudes toward products, identification with a particular company and donations to non-profit organizations (Swaen & Chumpitaz, 2008). Starbucks has been so concerned with social responsibility in its overall corporate strategy because of importance of defending its image, Starbucks is one of the defining brands of our times.... [tags: products, attitudes, identification, organizations]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- 2.2 GOVERNMENT POLICY AND INSTITUTIONS Malaysia has sought after a hybrid approach, which looks to consolidate immediate government support and intervention and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). For macroeconomic level, the Malaysian Government has executed various five-year monetary plans. An over reaching goals of these five year arrangements is for Malaysia to turn into a completely created modern economy by the year 2000, taking into account GDP and an extensive variety of social indicators.... [tags: economy, industrial, technology]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- The key differentiation between the direct approach & indirect approach concerns the cash flows from operating activities, which is the first portion of the statement of actual cash flows. However, there is not a particular dissimilarity in the cash flows listed in the investing & financing activity portions of the statement. When using the direct approach/method the actual cash flows from operating activities contain the figures for lines like cash from clients and cash paid out to suppliers. In comparison, the indirect approach will display Net Income followed by the adjustments require in order to convert or change over the total earnings to the cash figure for operating activities.... [tags: Cash flow, Cash flow statement]
708 words (2 pages)
- Foreign Direct Investment ( FDI) is a source that a country obtain from other countries in order to add value for it’s own economy. These sources can be various: Economic or technological. Foreign Investors may establish a new facility or open their branch or establish a partnership with a local company in host country. Nowadays, there is more demand of FDI’s than the world trade and world output. This drastic rise in FDI is due to the help of changing potentials and economic policies that are happening in the developing countries worldwide (Alesina and Dollar, 2000).Investors are more likely to invest their money on more profitable places,it would not be reasonable for companies to inve... [tags: Investment, Foreign direct investment]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- This video is about different direct instructional approaches when teaching children. Specifically teaching children to read. For example, in one approach children read aloud with the class and individually with the teacher. When the children are reading with the teacher they read a set paragraph and time it, and see how many errors they have, and each time they read the paragraph they try and improve and do better than the last time. The children don 't seem to worry about other children 's errors, they focus on improving themselves.... [tags: Reggio Emilia approach, Education, Learning]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Our assignment was to interview six individuals who are outside our particular teaching area. All my interviews were conducted at Beaver River Central School. The specific professionals that I interviewed were Occupational Therapist, School Psychologist, Music Teacher, Library Media Specialist, School Nurse and Art Teacher. Through the interview process it became abundantly clear that supervision and accountability standards are not the same across the different educational spectrums. My first interview was with Mrs.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, Chart]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- Direct mail marketing is also referred to as direct response advertising. This is because it allows businesses and other organizations to communicate straight to customers using techniques like text messaging, interactive websites, display ads online, email campaigns, flyers, catalogs, letters, television commercials, outdoor ads, and newspaper and magazine ads that normally generate response. There are quite a few characteristics that determine direct marketing. First, generating a database that often contains other information that may be relevant from business to business is used in developing the database of target-marketed businesses.... [tags: Direct Response Advertising, Firm Strategy]
2192 words (6.3 pages)