As a student, young adults should find a role model set fit with there goals. Finding your goals through a role model help you get the life lessons and values you need when stepping into obstacles. However , many young adults role models are typically away from there parents. According to Holley’s article Victor Mainwarning states that, “The biggest influence outside of my parents would be my martial arts instructor”, he also adds on “He really helped influence me and shape me into a very virtuous person. He helped teach me a lot of life skills . . . . necessary for any human being to be a good person” ( par. 4 ). Heading through obstacles and life lessons help you realize that if you’re committed you can accomplish your goals becoming successful. “I (used) to get frustrated that just because I wanted to sing, I was automatically expected to be a role model,” Lovato said. “ But I had to grow up and realize that no matter what I do, I’m going to be somebody’s role model”( par. 18). Additionally, as we grow up we realize we may not want the responsibilities and advantages that come with ...
... middle of paper ...
To sum up celebrities make good role models because they show the advantages added to your change of course in life if you accomplish your goal and how behaviors and characteristics for happiness and success can be influenced by role models. Every young adult should have a role model to look up to whether they are celebrities or even by ordinary people. Role models teach us life skills and influence us with values that are need to become a good role model for someone else in life to confine guidance in. Many celebrities should not be role models because of the negative influence that they have given off with bad behaviors and attitudes towards todays figures of idolization. If we have the youth looking up to those role models who have became famous for bad behaviors, we may have many who grow up without being influenced that leads to an aspiring outcome.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- During these times, once you turn on your television set you are abruptly notified on yet another absurd act that a celebrity had committed the night before. The media becomes engrossed by the despicable behavior and ravages at it as if it was the final grain of rice. Once they have completed a story that is at the right level of crudeness, they deliver it to the public. The vulgar news reaches households all across the world, and then it soon pollutes the minds of innocent and young children. At a young age, boys and girls commonly compare themselves with reference groups of people who occupy the social role to which they desire.... [tags: Celebrities, children, role models,]
692 words (2 pages)
- People look up to celebrities as role models, the youth especially. The youth believes that if they imitate these cynosures they will become affluent and legendary. Famous people imply that if the youth act insubordinately they will be successful in life. Celebrities of today are not appropriate role models for this generation. Everywhere a person looks, sex is exalted by celebrities. Commercials and advertisements now use risqué celebrities who are half naked to endorse their products. A 'Got Milk?' advertisement used an exposed photograph of Miley Cyrus with nothing but a sheet covering her breasts and a portion of her posterior.... [tags: celebrities, role, models, youth, sex]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- There are various displays of leadership and role modeling in the Shakespearean play 'Romeo and Juliet'. When one hears the term leader, there may be some confusion around what qualities a leader may or may not possess. One should also avoid confusing a good leader with a good role model, because although a good role model may possess similar qualities, there are a few qualities that are required in order to be a strong leader. Two very good examples of the contrasts between a good leader and a good role model are the characters Friar Lawrence and the Prince of Verona, in Romeo and Juliet.... [tags: Role Models, Leadership, Romeo and Juliet, shakesp]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Why Athletes are Good Role Models Ever since the ancient years, we have admired athletes and the hard work that they do to achieve their goal of winning. We idolize them and wish we were more like them. What happens though when the realization sinks in that they are human too and that some of them do get greedy and selfish. A lot of athletes are model citizens that you should really look up to, but there are also some bad apples in the bunch that ruin it for everyone. Athletes can inspire young people to work hard so that their efforts can pay off, but no one is pure and flawless.... [tags: Athletes Athletics Sports Role Models Essays]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- The modeling industry is one that is much more widespread than the tabloid section of the grocery store. These cover girls and runway models have a larger impact than just mere advertisement—they become role models to their fans. Many will go to severe lengths to imitate their unrealistic bodily features through extreme dieting and even body modification, like plastic surgery, and the modeling industry can either prevent or promote young women from idolizing and imitating these social figures. It is undeniable that Western cultures are generally known as the “thin cultures” (Samelson 44).... [tags: role models, real women]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- Role models have an astounding effect on the lives of young people in our society. A role model has the ability to shape the views, ideals, and actions of a young person. Role models help youth to discover how they wish to become in the future. The influence that role models have over young people is tremendous. It is important for role models to be positive and responsible in instilling good morals and values because future generations are directly dependent on the role models of today. By examining the influence of role models, role models in the community, and role models in the media, we will be able to determine the true effect that role models have on the lives of youth.... [tags: A Role Model's Impact on Youth]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- The paper will summarize the roles and responsibilities of a behavioral health counselor and provide current models of wellness and resiliency. Behavioral health counselors must be able to function in a face-paced primary care environment. Wellness and Resiliency Model When working with diverse populations it is vital as counselors to consider the whole person and be sensitive to cultural norms during the delivery of treatment services (“The role,” n.d.). This process can be confusing to clients and counselors provide structure to the nature and purpose of counseling.... [tags: models for wellness and resiliency]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Good leaders have strong prioritising skills not only setting priorities but making sure those priorities are actioned. Although some tasks may not be as enjoyable to do, they do them anyway. Successful leaders don’t shy away from any new challenges presented to them. They embrace the challenge head on and work the problems the challenges present in order to find the solutions for those problems. They are brave enough to try new approaches and are willing to take responsibility for any outcomes that may not be desirable.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill, Organization]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- The term ‘childhood’ is often difficult to define as it is a social invention. It is not possible to find a definite definition of the word childhood without taking into consideration ‘context of childhood’. This means, that childhood may not be valued in every part of the work and so defining it by the cultural expectations towards being a child. When trying to define childhood in your own words, you will often come up with many different result which reflect information from your own experience of childhood.... [tags: aristotle, celebrities, media]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Women are not helpless creatures in a world full of challenges. They are considered role models of families, businesses, and social movements. They are the pillars of feminism. Women are now holders and decision makers of recognized networks, strong figures in the senate and political institutions. However, women are not decision makers in all nations. In specific societies where women empowerment is overruled, there is no major feminist movement prevalent. The theory of an existing hope of unity between women is minimal, but as the idea of “empowerment” unfolds, it inspires women to support their gender.... [tags: Woman, Gender, Gender role, Female]
1516 words (4.3 pages)