Carpentry has been around for centuries, even way back to the neolithic period when
domestication of animals and crops had been underway. (Violatti 2014). Through the centuries it has evolved just like the materials, tools and carpenters have. Despite what most people think carpentry is dangerous, and it is more than just building constructions out of wood, there 's more to the profession and different types of carpenters like residential, commercial, and industrial.
A residential carpenter is a person who specializes in building single-family homes,
townhomes, condominiums and remodeling old homes. The jobs and activities they have to do consist of building and set forms for footings, walls, and slabs. They frame and finish exterior walls, roofs, and decks. Also they frame interior walls, build stairs, and install drywall, crown molding, doors, and cabinets. In addition, residential carpenters are trained to install tile, wood, and carpet floors. A fully trained carpenter can easily switch from building a new home to remodeling an old farm house in a blink of an eye.
Next is the commercial carpenter, which is a carpenter who builds and remodels
commercial builds such as office buildings, hospitals, hotels, schools, and shopping malls. Commercial carpenters specialize in working with light-gauge and load-bearing steel framing. Which is used for interior partitions, exterior framing, and curtain wall constructions. They also specialize in working with concrete forming systems which is a system that creates the footings, and the walls of the foundation. In addition, they also finish interior and exterior walls, partitions, and ceilings. Most commercial carpenters perform the same jobs and task a...
... middle of paper ...
...lifting techniques," Carpenters may also want to order a copy of OSHA 's Ergonomics Program guide. It describes the symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders -- running the gamut from carpal tunnel syndrome to disorders of the hips and knees -- and offers tips on how to prevent and treat them”. (Kloberdanz, Kristin, M.A. 20 Jan. 2016).
Therefore, for the work of OSHA putting federal regulations in and making hand books to follow has helped cut down on injuries and death. This helps because carpenter 's play a very important part in the world, especially the different types of carpenters who specialize in certain areas like finish carpenters, joiners, and cabinetmakers. The whole world would not have houses, hospitals, bridges, tunnels, cabinets, or fine detailed work. That is why carpenters need help to stay safe to build america 's great highways and buildings.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Spending money economically when working in carpentry is always the way to go. Theres a good amount of research on this and usually the author is more about high quality than low quality. Many sources have diverse arguments on the subject for many reasons these authors are all primarily all where or are carpenters with a great deal of experience, low quality supplies in carpentry and the outcome of using both high quality and low quality materials. Quality, quantity and time are three key factors in carpentry and they very much all do matter, but It’s beneficial to buy expensive building supplies because they are more reliable and dependable.... [tags: carpentry, carpenter, construction]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Cyber socializing is very popular among society today. It is one of the most popular ways of communicating with, says long distance relatives, but is cyber socializing really safe. These sites are used by all ages and around the world, and not always used for the right reasons. Some of the most popular websites are Facebook, twitter, and instgram. People put their lives on these sites. From pictures to every emotion or feeling they have. Not being aware of the danger the may put themselves in. There have been many cases of bullying among cyber socializing sites.... [tags: Dangers of Social Networking]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- Dangers in the causes of illiteracy To be literate is to have “the ability to read, write and speak English proficiently, to compute and solve problems, and to use technology in order to become a life-long learner and to be effective in the family, in the workplace and in the community” (Roman 81). Literacy is a foundation to almost everything in daily life, from the most basic information on food labels to the most important notice on bank accounts. Reading and writing is crucial to know and useful to have.... [tags: Literacy, Information literacy, Poverty]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- ... This method keeps the foundation of the house from cracking. The insulation is attached to the foundation with a tar like glue, the insulation is also used as a moisture barrier, and " a man named Erich saved a total of about 700 dollars” (Jones). Do different environments have different architecture. That's one question commonly asked a lot when dealing with environments. Architecture means dealing with design, construction of buildings, and ornamental of fine buildings.... [tags: carpentry, constructing a house]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Spring is finally here, and Spring Break and the Senior Prom are around corner. The teenagers and the college kids are planning a drive to the tanning salons or a day at the beach. The media has instilled in women that tan skin is a sign of youth and sex appeal. Some people go to the tanning salons and others spend hours outside in the sun to achieve the sun goddess look. Many don’t realize the dangers that come with the sun or a box with light bulbs that has more UVA radiation than the sun does.... [tags: Health ]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Dangers of the Internet There are many pitfalls and perils on the Internet. Some of them are easy to avoid while other are not so obvious. Some of the Pitfalls and perils are annoying, while others are deadly to your computer. Still others are humorous and entertaining. There are many dangers on the Internet. This paper will try to cover some of them. The biggest dangers of the Internet are virus. Viruses are small programs that "infect" computers. Most viruses are made to "steal" and or "destroy" data stored on the infected computer.... [tags: Expository Essays]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Tattoos are becoming a popular phenomenon that is seen everywhere. Today’s youth are getting permanent tattoos to be cool and trendy, but are not considering the long-term effects. Teenagers should be aware of all that body modification may include, it is not just a pretty picture. Adolescences must consider the dangers and conscientious result of attaining diseases, being underage, and having a permanent mark on their body. The unsanitary conditions of getting a tattoo tend to go unnoticed by teenagers.... [tags: Body Art]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- The Dangers of Technology Within the past two years computers have become a new way of doing business, enjoying various forms of entertainment, and interacting with others for the majority of our nation. Almost every aspect of technical work in industry today involves the computer in some way. It is hard to find something in the world at this present time that wasn’t either made by a computer program, or houses a computer of its own. Keeping this in mind while reading Ray Kurzweil’s article “The Virtual Thomas Edison” makes one realize just how much humans depend on computers, and Kurzweil’s hypothesizes that “Within three decades machines will be as intelligent as human beings”(Kurzweil... [tags: Papers]
702 words (2 pages)
- I had a very close friend; his name is Jeremy. He is only twenty-six years old. His life is fading fast. He had a home, a family, a long time girlfriend and a four year old son. Jeremy’s mom, brothers, aunts and uncles are all losing touch with him. He had a great job with insurance, benefits and job security. He was fired a few months ago. He has sold his car, personal items, furniture and things you wouldn’t even imagine for fast cash. Jeremy begs and barrows money from what family and friends he has left to only end the relationship with them because he knows he will never pay them back.... [tags: essays research papers]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- The Dangers of Tattoos Many people think that tattooing is dangerous. Part of this is because people don’t think that the tattoo artists sterilize their materials. Others believe that tattoos have a high risk of infection. And the most commonly reported problems are allergic reactions. Others feel as though the pain factor is too immense. Although these fears are common they are easily prevented. Most of the people who believe these things aren’t fully informed with information. The sterilization process for the materials used is extremely important.... [tags: essays research papers]
849 words (2.4 pages)