Audio Quality drops
This was brought up first by both Joe and later by Brad. Volume control has become a persistent problem since the introduction of AGC. This needs to be investigated if there is a problem with the distance model of OpenAL with AGC or some other factor that is causing them not to play nicely together.
Regions/Channels problems: This has been going on all week between Joe and Vivox. It seems that with the recent update that channels in regions are not coalescing properly and are causing channel drops. This is being worked on and did not come up in the meeting on Tuesday but since then it has escalated.
Viewer 2.1 and future plans:
Viewer 2.1 is being called the “Social Update”
Voice Fonts are confirmed and committed to but deployment is still in question:
Linden: Free for Premium users to follow the model established by new Homes. Homes have been a success for Linden, stopping the loss of Premium subscriptions(stable and now rising at 80k) with almost 20k built and deployed. They have also been a huge boon for the economy since now people need to outfit their homes with furniture, artwork and whatever.
Free for Premium and then “a la carte” for the general population via the HUD. This is how we could roll out the feature to the general pop and also deliver new fonts to the Premium members
Speaker Phone is not committed to but being evaluated as a possibility. The avenue to deliver this could still be our HUD since Linden has not corrected their internal issues with billing. If we provided this feature via the HUD we could charge by L$ and f...
... middle of paper ...
... for the HUD. All of Linden’s work seems to be focused on Premium users and will therefore be a free upgrade to them covered by their premium subscription. We could offer all those services directly to the general population and also use it as a tool to help Linden promote the Premium package. Linden has not solved their billing problems and has not committed to any launch date for the new billing service. Until Linden launches a new billing backend we will be unable to charge for services/features via the Viewer and must use an external device such as the HUD.
Sorry for the delay there was a lot of info and hopefully I captured it all. I am also planning on heading up to Linden soon to meet with Brad and marketing people in order to start to sort out potential options for the HUD and what sort of marketing exposure/support we can get from Linden.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In business settings, people spend an inordinate amount of time and energy in meetings. Regardless of whether the setting is a corporate organization, a non-profit entity, or a small business, meetings are a common way for individuals to come together to share information or to make decisions. In Kirkpatrick’s (1987) book, How to Plan and Conduct Productive Business Meetings, he seeks to dissect the meeting and then reconstruct it in a more productive manner; Kirkpatrick (1987) also provides insights into areas of communication and into how I can create more productive meetings in my workplace.... [tags: Literature Review ]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction At Victory, we know riding your motorcycle is the #1 priority – after all, your passion for riding is what started this chapter in the first place. We don’t want you bogged down by paperwork. That’s why we want to keep the heavy business meetings limited to one a year. By utilizing this section and holding one business meeting a year, your chapter can collect all the information that Victory requires – just prepare the forms in this section, send in the required documents, and be done.... [tags: motorcycles, goals, finances]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- For many years, my company had very clear lines of authority, position, and title. Your title determined everything from the type of phone you had, to the size of your office, to the color of your walls. Although the culture of the organization has since changed, I believe this instilled a fear in many lower-level employees of talking in meetings that included higher-level executives. These executives want everyone in the meeting to feel comfortable voicing their opinions, but have trouble getting full participation.... [tags: Business Management]
691 words (2 pages)
- ... He or she, according to the book “encourages any sign of progress.” “The Mimic” is another self-explanatory one; he or she always repeats the words or comments of other groups, kind of like a parrot or a sound recorder. We all get the idea. “The Monomaniac” is according to the book “One who rides the same hobbyhorse at every meeting.” I honestly have no idea what that means so I cannot put it in my own words. “The Outsider” is according to Chapter 10 of the book; “Someone who comments and uses body language to covey detachments or contempt” which to my understanding is someone who tries to herd separation or ridicule any negative comments or body language.... [tags: ideas, decisions, company]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Body: The body is where you elaborate on your main points and provide your audience with data. This is where your research plays a huge role, so make sure you include the sources of your information in the outline so you don’t forget to include them in your final draft. Conclusion: The conclusion of your speech will summarize all of your main points and reiterate the thesis. You also need to include a closer or a call to action. Like an attention getter, this can be a question to the audience.... [tags: Rhetoric, Public speaking, Audience]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout the United State 's history of Presidential Elections, candidates would climb their way to the top to become one of the two nominees that would be placed on the presidential ballot, as they would compete in civilized debates, and act as a role model for the American people. At the present time, these current ideas of civilized debates and role models have been shattered by the business-like suit of Donald Trump, which has strangled the basic principles of an American president. Although this may be true that he has became the frontrunner of the Republican Party, Donald Trump continues to believe that this race for the title of "Mr.... [tags: United States, President of the United States]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Purpose Based on the guidance from the previous management meeting, this group asked our management team to prepare and present this briefing. In the development, we have a identified with a two folded purpose: to present an overview of the Quanta v LG Electronics case and present recent industry findings that relate to how our organization deals with similar issues pertinent to Quanta v LG Electronics. To accomplish this our management team reviewed the specifics of the Quanta v LG Electronics case.... [tags: Business Meeting Discussion]
1988 words (5.7 pages)
- Within a workplace, there are times when the easiest and most effective form of communication is to bring all employees involved together into the same room. This idea is a popular form of communication that is most commonly known as the meeting. The idea of meetings stretches across all industries and cultures, and has the potential to be extremely effective. The trouble is though, workplace meetings do not always meet their potential and are not as effective as they could be. A manager’s ability to lead an efficient and effective meeting is a very important skill to have within the realm of communication.... [tags: Business, Effective Meetings]
2306 words (6.6 pages)
- The Employee Retention Committee Meeting involves certain number of people who coordinate according to the schedules setup by the members and correlate their activities with the work of related committees (Liebler 2008 pg 326). The meeting was scheduled ten days earlier and personally notified to the committee and still promptness was ignored by the chairman. Also committee members should be more responsible and participating but we have seen that some members have forgotten that there was a meeting.... [tags: Business Analysis]
713 words (2 pages)
- Process Excellence in the emergency department is a team collaboration that has a focus of interest for improving quality of care for patients. Team collaboration in health care is recognized as a group of health care workers from different disciplines working together on a common goal. This particular “multidisciplinary” (Finkelman, 2012, p. 336) team meeting was a collaboration of team members that included: the Emergency Room (ER) Director, ER physicians, and ER nurses, ER Head Health Unit Coordinator, ER Business Manager, Senior Process Excellence Coordinator, Director of Information Management, and the Senior Marketing Specialist.... [tags: Business Management ]
2153 words (6.2 pages)