Additional Team Members
Ideally with my plan, at risk youth would straighten up at home, school, etc. if they were visited by DHS and the police in a preventative fashion. However, what will happen to all those who continue to act out or make bad decisions? I propose that the El Paso County 4th District Court expand its Problem Solving Court to handle situations with at risk youth in need of intervention. The final step if the courts cannot get the message across is a meeting with the El Paso County Sheriff 's Department since they manage the county jail. While the Problem Solving Court and Sheriff 's Department are vital members to reach today 's youth, they will likely not be as heavily involved as other players.
Each step of the process I have attempted to outline is guaranteed to reach a number of families today. There will still be those whom the message does not reach by simply interacting with DHS. In those cases, law enforcement involvement is needed to demonstrate the consequences of their acting out while DHS continues to work with parents and guardians on how they can better reach out to their children. Each step beyond CSPD involvement is what I hope to be fail safes to show at risk youth what their future will be if changes are not made. The Problem Sol...
... middle of paper ...
...t them a larger part of the FSP process, it will be accomplished at that time with quarterly reviews thereafter.
This initiative is something the entire family can participate in learning about. The goal here is to keep families together to prevent children from growing up without positive role models. Parents need to be shown how to relay the information to their children every step of the way. Starting with DHS, Family Services Plans will outline everything parents or guardians can expect along the way including law enforcement intervention and problem solving at the level of local District Courts. While there is not one answer which will solve the problems experienced by today 's youth, I feel as though my initiative will go to length to solve a great deal of issues faced by families today and help to keep children in their own homes and families whole.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When it came time to start looking for a college, I had many on my list but I found College of Charleston Honors to be the best fit for me. I came in as declared marine biology major because I knew that this would be the best way for me to take on exploring the oceans. However, I would soon find out that I was wrong. I began a volunteer dive program that works in the Great Oceans Tank at the South Carolina Aquarium to continue my passion of working in aquariums after an internship my senior year at Riverbanks Zoo’s Aquarium.... [tags: Oceanography, Ocean, Hydrothermal vent, Sea]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- I want my education to be meaningful and something to enrich the lives of others. My hopes are to be set on the path where, through real-world experiences, service trips, and relationships with students and faculty, I can be allowed to experiment with different types of organizations and discover what to expect in the field to find the best fit for me. I learned that a big key to becoming the kind of teacher I want to become is to be selfless. Teachers have such pure hearts and are always sacrificing their own needs in the place of better the circumstances of someone else.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Student, Want]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Assessment Liam is a great example of a student struggling to fit in a generalized classroom, and do the same work that his peers are doing. He likes drawing and doing hands on activities like arts and crafts. He seems to struggle in music and mathematics. This is usually where he is either noncompliant or acts in bad behavior. He enjoys the attention of the teacher and usually does the right thing when his parents or teacher is looking. He does however have a hard time changing tasks, or doing things that he does not enjoy doing.... [tags: behavior plan]
1982 words (5.7 pages)
- Options for Retirement The majority of people age 65 or older in the United States are still working in full time positions. This opens the question if they planned for retirement, or what if anything went wrong while working. How do they feel about still having to work. Have they taken proper steps in preparing for retirement. Are they only working to pass time. These are the questions that everyone should be asking themselves about their own retirement plans, and what they have done to financially prepare for that stage in their life.... [tags: 40 K plan, retirees, age 65]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Would you enjoy having fresh, delicious, luscious vegetables to eat all summer long that cost you almost nothing. I know I would. Well, now you can have your veggies and eat them too. Try building your own vegetable garden. It can fit all sizes of yards and decks. You just need to pick the location and type of garden. Next, you will prepare the garden site and work the soil. Finally, you will plan the specifics and plant your garden. With some care and patience, you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor in no time.... [tags: Gardening, Garden, Plant, Want]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- When You Are Searching for the Right Fit We intimately understand just how difficult it can be to suffer through an awful accident. The pain, worry, and stress these types of incidents can cause to victims and their families are severe. Even more, the costs of the medical care needed to recover can cause an overwhelming financial burden to most families. Our law firm is devoted to helping during these situations. We strongly believe that those who have suffered because of someone else’s mistake should never have to deal with a financial catastrophe as a result.... [tags: Injury, Physical trauma, Personal injury]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Marketing Plan Introduction. I have been commissioned by the manager of Scottish lemonade ltd as a marketing consultant to conduct research into their product range and markets and report back to him on the findings. Due to the lack of their marketing expertise they requested a report to include any ideas and suggestions as to how the research can help the company expand its sales in the future. Scottish lemonade ltd also require me as a marketing consultant to help them develop their existing products, expand into future markets and advise on the creation of new product ranges for the company.... [tags: Business marketing Plan Development]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- Weight Watchers There are many diet programs out today that many individuals utilize to lose weight and get in shape with. Many of those diet programs though don’t actually work in a healthy, safe, and natural way. Even though most of these diet programs do not work, there is one that does, and it’s called Weight Watchers, and it is truly an effective diet program that sets up a plan for you to help regulate your diet and get into shape both easier and faster but also safer. Weight Watchers has developed a healthy and safe diet plan over the past forty years for their dieters that allows them to start seeing results within two weeks of starting their diet plan.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss, Health]
1813 words (5.2 pages)
- Outgoing travel is an organisation based on the idea of fun and freedom. If you are part of a society, club, international society or just a group of friends, they make it easy to organise life changing trips to destinations and events throughout the UK & Europe. They organise day trips, weekend breaks, events and festivals and many other exciting ventures for anyone with a sense of excitement and fun. Where is the company located. The address of a local outgoing travel organisation is located below: 25 Brunswick Rd Manchester, Greater Manchester, M20 4QB Tel: 0161 610 2000 The company’s main objectives.... [tags: business plan, travel,]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Eat fresh. With 2 mere words I have made you think of getting a 5 dollar footlong from America’s largest restaurant chain due only to great marketing. Business is conglomerations of numbers, tedious analysis, and risky result; but in this boring cloud of excel spreadsheets and pie charts is an oasis where creativity can be released: Marketing. Maintaining the image of a brand and expanding it further is the marketing department’s job and they keep the companies fresh and alive. I want to pursue a career in marketing and sales in business because I have the traits, the desire, the educational resources, and the data on my side to become successful in the field and more importantly, in life.... [tags: career choices, statement of purpose]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Democracy Is The Jacksonian Dictionary 's Definition Of Democracy
- My Letter : My Desire For Seattle
- Copyright Laws And Intellectual Property
- Performance Appraisal At The Mecklenburg County School District
- Will Receiving A College Degree Improve My Career Opportunities?
- Suicide Prevention : What Made Them Commit Suicide?