The Standard American Diet also known as S.A.D is defined as a diet high in saturated fat, sugar, refined grains, red meat, and processed meat. Unfortunately, not only are these foods hard to digest, but overtime the waste from these foods builds up in our bodies essentially depriving us of the crucial energy we need to function day to day. When these foods finally do breakdown in our bodies, the acidic residue they leave behind significantly impacts the way our bodies function. Our body’s ideal blood pH is 7.365 which is slightly alkaline; however, when confronted with an overload of acid our bodies have to work overtime to prevent our blood pH from dropping too low often times at the expense of other tissues and organs in the body (Snyder, 2011). In order for us to take advantage our body’s full potential we must do away with the unhealthy habits that our society has encouraged, and educate ourselves about what w...
... middle of paper ...
...chance of making the best choices. However, this becomes a challenge in our society with all of the contradicting research that is available. Reading this book was a life-changing experience. I was shocked to learn that many of the foods and eating habits that I thought were healthy were putting a strain on my body. I was equally disturbed that many of these hazardous foods are often promoted as healthy. Most importantly, I learned that making small, incremental changes in my diet and eating habits
Snyder C.N., K. (2011). The Beauty Detox Solution. Ontario, Canada: Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd.
Snyder, C.N., K. (2013). The Beauty Detox Foods. Ontario, Canada: Harlequin Enterprises Limited.
Woerner, A. (2014, March 4). Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos. Retrieved March 5, 2014, from http://www.foxnews.com
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beauty is a very abstract idea. As far as human beauty is concerned, in today's society there are celebrities and pop stars to look for as the ideal man or woman. At first this idea may seem pretty normal due to the amount of fame and fortune the celebrities have. On closer inspection, many of the celebrities have had various plastic surgeries to manipulate themselves into a so-called "perfect" form. Some famous people have so many surgeries performed on themselves one would believe they were a shape-shifter because every time they're seen something in their appearance has changed.... [tags: Beauty Essays]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Is there a no-starvation detox to help you get rid of toxins, improve energy, and melt off fat. And is there one that only takes three days. If you have ever tried the Master Cleanse, or something similar, then you probably don 't believe that there is such a thing. But, one woman says that the Bikini Body Detox is exactly that, and it will work wonders if you follow it correctly. So, is this actually a program that gets results, or is there a catch that she is just forgetting to mention. That 's what we wanted to know, so we did a Bikini Body Detox review to find out the good and the bad.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Master Cleanse, Metabolism]
1040 words (3 pages)
- A Digital Detox: Learning to Live With Technology John T. Gordon (Rusty), son of John T. R. Gordon and Lois Gordon, and a 35 year old father of two, was uncharacteristically absent from the lives of his family members. His absence was so uncharacteristic because he always went “to every single practice and game for baseball, softball, football, basketball, even the piano recitals and dance classes” (Faces, 2014) that his children were involved in. Rusty was even part of the only father-son bailiff team in the state of Ohio adding to the father-son bond.... [tags: hand held devices, driving, cell phones]
1866 words (5.3 pages)
- Synthesis Essay #2 The definition of beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction. Beauty has negative and positive influences on mostly people. Beauty is described by the inside and outside of us. Due to beauty, our self-esteem has been hurt dramatically, especially towards girls. Beauty is not always about our outside looks but it’s about our inside personality also. First of all, beauty has negative and positive influences on about everything.... [tags: Beauty]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Throughout history, beauty was more so known as someone with the physical appearance that was pleasant to the eye. Although beauty varies from different cultures and area, people that are younger, with average looking symmetrical features, well proportioned bodies, and some combination of inner beauty, and relatively young, are considered beautiful. The more average your features are to society the more attractive you are. Charles Darwin’s cousin, Francis Galton was the first to notice this when he overlaid images of vegetarians and criminals to see if there were typical facial appearances for each.... [tags: Beauty ]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- There are so many different opinions on what beauty is. The idea of beauty is purely opinionated. Beauty is your own idea, skinny or thick, long hair or short hair, light skin or dark skin. How people define beauty is unique in many different ways everyone has a different opinion. No ones idea of beauty is the same. In society today it has become more materialistic based if you wear the latest designer or you have the newest pair of sneakers out and the true meaning of being beautiful has escaped our souls.... [tags: Beauty, Aesthetics, Human physical appearance]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- There are many different types of beauty pageants in today’s society, but a child beauty pageant consist of modeling sportswear, evening attire, dance and talent. The children are judged based on individuality in looks, capability, poise, perfection and confidence. As the judges call it, "the complete package". There are two main types of beauty pageant the natural pageant and the glitz pageant. Glitz pageants are the "glamour" pageants where girls are dressed in high fashion, evening gowns and swimsuit.... [tags: Beauty contest, Child beauty pageant, Beauty]
1743 words (5 pages)
- When flipping though the the glossy pages of a magazine it’s easy to notice similar attributes possessed by the models. These include long healthy hair, straight white teeth, high cheek bones, slender bodies and delicate feminine features. One would assume that that these traits are common characteristics of beauty and universally recognized, but that assumption would be wrong. Take China for example, the cultural norm for beauty is incredibly diverse to America’s. Plump round bodies and cherub like faces are traits of the most desirable Chinese belle.... [tags: Beauty]
704 words (2 pages)
- Stereotypical Beauty Do stereotypes of body images exist. “A "stereotype" is a generalization about a person or group of persons. Our society often innocently creates and perpetuates stereotypes, but these stereotypes often lead to unfair discrimination and persecution when the stereotype is unfavorable” (Grobman). It is hard to understand how much the media affects us unless one stands back and evaluates things such as commercials, magazines, and television shows. Women today follow the stereotypical images of beauty that the media portrays.... [tags: Beauty ]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- Numerous clothing ads appeared in the August 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine to show of the fall's biggest trend especially for “back-to-school” shopping. The eyes of the reader are first drawn to Seventeen's headline of “1081 Ways to Look Amazing;” and further into the magazine, the readers are attracted to models who appear to look like seventeen year-olds. Majority of the clothing ads portray the “everyday” teenager who is constantly happy, and most of all, thin. However, Torrid's clothing ad differentiates from the rest of the advertisements.... [tags: Beauty ]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Fetal Alchol Syndrome Discussion as Underestimated Health Concern
- The Federal Reserve; Should it Continue Trying to Create more Jobs?
- The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us
- Timeline of Photography, Film, and Cameras
- The Nazi Movement and the Lavender Scare
- Voyage of the St. Louis and The War Refugee Board