Imagine you’re driving down the road in your brand new car. Another driver pulls out from a side road and suddenly the whole side of your brand new car is twisted and dented from fender to fender. Most people will be in an automobile accident at some point in their lives and they will require the services of an auto-body repairman. Auto body repair is not only the art of taking damaged vehicles and making them drivable and safe, it is also taking old vehicles or worn out looking vehicles and painting and freshening up their overall appearance.
Pounding metal and fabricating metal in thin sheets and sections that humans need or want has a long history. The discovery of how to make and control fire made extracting metals form or more efficient instead of having to find almost pure nuggets of metal. In many civilizations copper was the metal they used but that was succeeded by bronze eventually it is made of copper and tin.
Most all auto body work is done with relatively easy and simple traditional tools like body hammers and dollies. Bumping is the heavy lifting and most important part of most auto body repair work. The fact remains, bumping is the group of actions that will move metal with the actions of dollies and hammers to push the metal in to just about the final shape.
Metal finishing is the critical part and step in preparing the metal for painting. It happens between the bumping stage when the metal is pried, hammered, pulled, and pushed into shape and the filling stage, when the small defects and details in metal finished surfaces are filled before being painted. Any type of finish is applied over your work weather the it be solvent, powder coated, or plastic it will have an index of reflection and ...
... middle of paper ...
...nt to use while doing body work because they do most of the work for you. Air hammers with a selection of chisel heads is a required tool for auto body when replacing body panels on a vehicle. Grinders are something nice to have as well they come in air and electric and when you get past grinding cutting with them you can put a buffing head on them. An electric drill is a thing that you will need for drilling holes and along with the drill you will need drill bits and other bits. A wire brush is a thing that will clean up parts after you are done with them or they clean up chrome and aluminum really well. An air compressor will be needed to run all of the air tools it is recommended that you get a bigger one for the fact that most tools will run the smaller one down and out to fast and you will have to take breaks to let it catch up with your progression.(book four)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Peripheral nerve injuries often result in grim consequences for afflicted individuals including the loss of touch perception, continuous pain, impaired motor functions, and the loss of responsiveness in entire limb. Peripheral nerve injury occurs when a nerve is compressed, crushed or severed and the communication between the peripheral and central nervous system is ruptured and lost (NEURAL TISSUE ENGINEERING: Strategies for Repair and Regeneration). Current methods for peripheral nerve repair consists of surgically reconnecting the distal and proximal nerve ends, a highly favorable procedure for small nerves; however, large nerves gaps of 10 mm and greater are subjected to specifically sen... [tags: regeneration, injury, myelination ]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Automotive Body Repairer Auto body repairers Are highly skilled craftspeople who repair damaged automobile and truck bodies, restores body metal to the original contours, and replaces non-repairable body parts. I chose automotive body repairer for my report because I like to deal with cars and I enjoy performing hands-on activities. I like the hands-on and mechanical operation of this career. Automotive body repairer is in the Industrial and Engineering Iowa pathway. The National Employment and Outlook of this career is currently stable.... [tags: essays research papers]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- An auto mechanics job is to work on automobiles, A.K.A, vehicles/cars. It is a very important job because; if we didn’t have auto mechanics many peoples’ cars wouldn’t work correctly. Automotive mechanics can be a boy or a girl, and they can work on almost any type of vehicle if they have the right qualifications. Some auto mechanics; like my grandfather, can work on many types of automobiles such as four wheelers, cars, SUV’s, trucks, and sometimes big rigs. Fixing big rigs is not the job of an auto mechanic it is often the job of a diesel mechanic but, some auto mechanics can and do work of big rigs.... [tags: errors, flaws, safe working environment]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Description 1: A 1 Road Services in Baltimore, MD provides you with the best in affordable auto repair service. Description 2: A 1 Road Services offers you auto, truck, and tire service with a satisfacton guarantee in Baltimore, MD. Description 3: A 1 Road Services specializes in repairing vehicles of all kinds for customers in Baltimore, MD. HOMEPAGE “Home” Meta Description: Call A 1 Road Services to work with a reputable professional truck and auto shop. A 1 Road Services in Baltimore, MD is a professional automotive business that specializes in vehicle maintenance and repair at affordable costs.... [tags: Automobile, Truck, Vehicle, Tire]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- Application of Herzberg’s Theory at Bill’s Auto Repair & Service There are many different factors that can affect behavior in an organization. Some of these are psychological in nature. According to Herzberg’s Motivation – Hygiene Theory psychological factors that motivate high productivity are related to job satisfaction. Managers can motivate employees by providing them with motivators that satisfy some sort of need. There are also many factors within an organization that can demotivate productivity.... [tags: Business Management ]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Marty Anderson was an employee for Family Auto Repair (FAR) in Memphis and was transfer to their Jackson store, which was an hour and a half from his house. The company allow Marty to use a company vehicle to make his long commute, although he had his own vehicle. The terms of the explicit permission to use the vehicle were: to and from work, during lunch breaks, and to deliver and transfer items between FAR’s two facilities either before work or on his way home. Marty Anderson became a victim of the dilemma when he fell asleep at the wheel and injured a man, Steve Spritzer, in the company vehicle, at a time when he did not have explicit permission to be using the vehicle.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Miles per hour]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Mismatch repair in mammalian cells In eukaryotes, the key to survival is the ability of certain proteins (MMR-DNA mismatch repair proteins) to repair genetic errors while DNA replication (1). Mismatched base pairs are a result of mistakes occurring during DNA transactions due to escape from polymerase editing (2). One of the many processes to maintain the integrity and functioning of various repair, recombination and replication processes is the DNA mismatch repair (3). The secondary signals within the helix help the mismatch repair system to distinguish between the parental and daughter strands, since the mismatches contain normal Watson-Crick bases (2).... [tags: DNA, DNA replication, DNA repair, Protein]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction As the nation was introduced into the current recession, the auto industry and its labor was likely hurt more than any other industry. Few years ago it was the homebuilding industry that was troubled the most and held the first place, but it gave that position over to the auto industry the following year. Why was this industry affected more than any other is very interesting and complex situation. There are several factors why there was such a huge negative impact on this industry, its performance, and the labor involved.... [tags: Auto Industry]
1759 words (5 pages)
- Introduction When the “Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis” began in 2008, it triggered a global recession. Demand decreased across all industries, but the auto industry was hit especially hard due to vehicles being big ticket items. Even prior to the recession, the high prices of raw materials and fuels, as well as increased pressure from the government and consumers for automakers to build “greener” cars meant trouble for automakers. Within the industry, Canadian and the American auto makers were hurt the most.... [tags: Auto Industry]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- The Use of Similes in Auto Wreck In his poem Auto Wreck (p. 1002), Karl Shapiro uses carefully constructed similes to cause the events he relates to become very vivid and also to create the mood for the poem. To describe the aftermath, especially in people's emotions, of an automobile accident, he uses almost exclusively medical or physiological imagery. This keeps the reader focused and allows the similes used to closely relate to the subject of the poem. Three main similes used are arterial blood, tourniquets and cancer.... [tags: Auto Wreck]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- The Unlimited Restrictions on Abortion
- What Is Your Personal Political Ideology?
- A Comparsion of Accrual Accounting and Cash Flow Accounting for Financial Transactions
- Naturalistic Observation of Toy Store And the Effects on Gender Role Development
- Pathology, Presentation, and Treatment of Meningitis
- Death in the Twelfth Sonnet by William Shakespeare