The setting of the train provides a closed confinement that induces a sense of claustrophobia and emphasizes on how tensions innately within a hierarchical class system can lead to resentment, and eventually, revolution. Just in terms of the physical space, the action sequences take place in the restricted area of a moving train, and characters are therefore forced to have head-on collisions with each other. By pushing all train inhabitants to interact with each other in close proximity, there is a heightened sense of the societal and class hostility as the revolutionary tail members clash with everyone else in front of them. The use of the train 's narrow capacity is effective at inciting brutal fights that become core to showing the accumulation of social tensions; these tensions manifest themselves in butcher car, inciting the mos...
... middle of paper ...
...ifference in color, and therefore the living statuses, between the opposite spectrums of class hierarchy, Bong Joon-ho makes an assertion over the inherent unfairness in how the capitalist social structure operates, as it effectively sucks the color and life from one side in order to over-saturate another.
As the journey to the front of the train uncovers the inner workings of Snowpiercer, Bong-Joon ho gradually devises a pattern with his forms of film technique that overall show greater inequality between the lower and middle to higher class. The lower class represented by the tail section is consistently being put down and used for the betterment of those above them, simply because of their position on the social ladder; therefore, the system of capitalism that perpetuates this immorality becomes increasingly more and more unsound to the human sense of empathy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An American Tail (1986) Director: Don Bluth Performers: Fievel Mousekewitz (Voice of Philip Glasser) Papa Mousekewitz (Voice of Nehemia Persoff) Mama Mouskewitz (Voice of Erica Yohn) Tanya Mousekewitz (Voice of Amy Green) Bridget (Voice of Cathianne Blore) Digit (Voice of Will Ryan) Gussie Mouseheimer (Voice of Madeline Kahn) Henri the Pigeon (Voice of Christopher Plummer) Honest John (Voice of Neil Ross) Irish mouse on boat (Voice of Warren Hayes) Italian mouse on boat (Voice of John Guarnieri) Moe (Voice of Hal Smith) Tiger (Voice of Dom DeLuise) Tony Toponi (Voice of Pat Musick) Warren T.... [tags: essays research papers]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- On a day meant for happiness turned into an oblivious nightmare. At home with your whole family and then in the midst of everything a catastrophe transpires when fire breaks through a home. In a blink of an eye, your world as collapsed into a million fragments. A few minutes of happiness as turned into sorrow and pain. As adults, we learn over the years how to cope with tragedies that traumatize us. Adults understand the implications of needing to talk to psychologists. When a fire has taken a child’s safe haven abruptly, it can cause numerous effects to not only the child but also their families, friends, teachers, administrators, and community members.... [tags: Feeling, Emotion, Psychology, Want]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Unsure of exactly what movie to watch, I looked for an interesting title on the list, hoping that one may jump out at me and interest me. I did not want to write a paper on something I had watched previously, as I did not want to have a biased opinion and I wanted to make sure I paid attention to all the details for the paper. If I had seen the movie before, I may have skipped over it or lost focus during the film. The title Born on the Fourth of July seemed patriotic and I wondered what exactly it would be about.... [tags: soldiers, vietnam war, military members]
2026 words (5.8 pages)
- From a distance it appeared a grey earth pony stood by Discord. Celestia and Luna prepared to confront Discord, but a creature they met earlier stood between them and his throne. It had showed itself to be above outside influence when Luna failed to make mental contact, and Discord 's corruption was shrugged off. Which made its aiding Discord of its own accord bewildering. Discord turned to meet his guests, "This is so much fun. How about a game of pin the tail on the pony?" He showed off Celestia 's tail.... [tags: Moon, Lunar phase, Debut albums, Luna Gotra]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- In the movie The God Father the corleone family is made up six members before marrying and having children, all which play a distinctive role in the movie. The Corleone crime family is one of the Five Families operating in New York and in other parts of the United States. Beginning with Vito Corleone also known as Don Corleone and the Godfather which is the founder and head of the Corleone family and Mama corleone, a loyal wife and loving mother, followed by their children Michael Corleone the youngest son, who had no plans to join the families businesses but abolished his former plans and ended up being his father’s main man, Sonny Corleone, Vito’s oldest son who is described as hot-headed,... [tags: Corleone family, movie analysis, crime family]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Analysis of the Movie, The Yellow Earth In a village left behind as the rest of the China is progressing, the fate of women remains in the hands of men. Old customs and traditions reign supreme, not because it is believed such ways of life are best, but rather because they have worked for many years despite harsh conditions. In response to Brother Gu’s suggestion of joining communist South China’s progress, Cuiqiao’s widower father put it best: “Farmer’s have their own rules.” One member of this society is not as eager to keep the status quo.... [tags: Movie Film Essays]
494 words (1.4 pages)
- Ideology and Reality in the Movie, The Matrix The matrix, as presented in the eponymous film, operates as an Althusserian Ideological State Apparatus (ISA). The Matrix1 presents a world in which "the state [as] a 'machine' of repression" is made literal where robots rule the land (Althusser 68). It is true that they rule by force (sentinels and agents) and these constitute the Repressive State Apparatus, but their primary force of subjugation is the matrix, their ISA. The film traces the path of one man, Neo, in his painful progress from the ideology of the matrix to the "real world," or the ideology of the "real."2 The matrix, unlike the ideology of the "real," is explicitly defined a... [tags: Movie Film Essays]
2251 words (6.4 pages)
- Norman Jewison's Movie "The Hurricane" The problem of racial discrimination has been portrayed in many films in the last 15 years. However, The Hurricane does a masterful job at addressing this issue, and will leave audience members clenching their fists in anger at the injustice that happened to a man named Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. The movie demonstrates the racial inequity that can be found in our judicial system through the impressive acting by Denzel Washington and the direction of Norman Jewison.... [tags: Movie Review Essays]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- The Ring-Tail Lemur The ring-tailed lemur is an amazing mammal. They are very interesting creatures that God put on this earth. One of my favorite characteristics about this animal is there big bushy cute tail. The ring-tailed lemurs scientific family is Lemuridae. The ring-tailed lemur gets its name from the neat ringed pattern on the fur on the tail. They have gray or rosy brown backs with lighter gray or brown hind legs and have white stomachs. The ring-tailed lemur’s length is 37-43 inches.... [tags: essays research papers]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- My Movie Script The year was 1925, when the beliefs of regular gals and folks were still extremely antiquated compare to the beliefs they have now. The main character was an 18 years old lesbian named Sam (short for Samantha) Johnson, who was from a working class family that lived in New York City. Her mom was a sweatshop worker, and her dad picked up garbage for a living. She had 7 brothers and sister because her parents did not believe in birth control (besides, birth control pills didn't exist then).... [tags: Movie Scripts]
1042 words (3 pages)