In Malaysia, formal financial reporting standard setting activities commenced during the early 1970s. A technical committee was formed in 1971 with the remit to act on a letter dated 10 September 1971 sent by Bank Negara to the President of Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA). MACPA is now known as Malaysia Institutes of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA). It is set up by individuals as a private association in 1958 (Susela, 1999). After an extended hiatus marked by a high level of inactivity, the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) was approached to develop a standard in 1987. A key development in the regulation of financial reporting in Malaysia transpired in July 1997, when the Financi...
... middle of paper ...
...adebaugh, L., S. J. Gray, et al. (2006). International Accounting and Multinational Enterprises, Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated.
Sevin, S., Schroeder, R. and Bhamornsiri, S. (2007). Transparent Financial Disclosure and SFAS No. 142, Managerial Auditing Journal 22(7), 674- 687.
Susela, S. D. (1999). “Interest” and Accounting Standard Setting in Malaysia Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal 12(3), 358-387.
Teodori, C. and M. Veneziani (2007). Intangible Assets in Annual Reports: A Disclosure Index (3rd Annual Workshop). European Financial Reporting Research Group - Accounting in Europe, Paris.
Wallace, R. S. O. and K. Naser (1995). "Firm-Specific Determinants of the Comprehensiveness of Mandatory Disclosure in the Corporate Annual Reports of Firms Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong." Journal of Accounting and Public Policy Vol. 14: pp. 311-368.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Leaders Role towards a Performance Corporate Culture Top performing companies have a culture that is conducive to performance and success, according to a survey among 1200 executives, 91% agree that culture is as important as strategy for success (Meehan et al., 2008). It is generally assumed that strong cultures are linked to performance, however Alvesson (1989) in an article in the late eighties argued that these studies were not clear and lacked the importance of sub-cultures. There is however evidence that adaptive cultures are beneficial towards long term performance (Lim, 1995) and it is proven that a motivated workforce is a positive driver towards better company performance (N... [tags: teamwork, leadership, companies]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Florida Government – Current Top Issues To begin with, it should be noted, that the government of Florida is operated and established according to the Constitution of Florida, which is the main law document of the state. According to the Constitution the government is composed of three branches. First of all it is the executive branch consisting of the ruling Governor of Florida and the other appointed and elected constitutional officers. Second is the legislative branch, or the Florida Legislature.... [tags: politics, state law, zimmerman]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Current Trends Betweens VOIP and Cell Phone Companies Voip and Cell Phone Company Introduction А recent reроrt fоreсаsting more then 50 percent of mobile phone users, саll by using end-to-end vоiсe over IР. The forecast states that by 2019 other companies should be аware of a wаke-uр саll,, especially for wireless саrriers. The number of users that will be predicted is unprecedented due to the high usage that has already taken place. Enterprises that already are migrating to the use of IР and РBX, the news is рrоmрting а seсоnd lооk аt the wаys the integration will affects its its employees and the соmmuniсаtiоns between them.... [tags: Information Technology]
3815 words (10.9 pages)
- An extension to the current Keystone Pipeline, which transports crude oil from Alberta, Montana, and North Dakota to refineries in Oklahoma, has been proposed. The Keystone XL will create an 875-mile pipeline infrastructure that would allow delivery of up to 830,000 barrels per day (bpd) of crude oil from Alberta, Canada, and the Bakken Shale Formation in the United States to Steele City, Nebraska and onward to Cushing, Oklahoma, and refineries in the Gulf Coast (EIS, 2013). The extension to the current pipeline is estimated to be 3.3 billion in the United States and construction would start in 2015.... [tags: oil pipeline system between Canda and USA]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- There are five top leading law firms in the United Kingdom. I will explain how they made it to the top and how many companies they have planted all over the world. Also how they got started and who their company was founded by. The first company I’m going to talk about is Allen and Ovary. They were founded on January 1, 1903; the company was founded by George Allen and Thomas Ovary. They were mutual partners and decided that they needed to branch out their ideas and that’s how Allen and Ovary law firm was introduced.... [tags: companies, found, started]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- To begin with, it should be noted that many people in United States are frustrated and disappointed with their current political system and government actions. It should be highlighted that some organizations and individuals have an unfair and disproportionate influence over what the government does instead of a democratic idea that all citizens have an equal opinion in the governing process (Massey, 2007). The result is that the greed and power of the few too often have the advantage over the needs of the many.... [tags: political system,us government,american society]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Entrepreneurs exist due to consumers wanting something new and relevant, which will also make an impact in the market place. Entrepreneurship is about individuals recognizing a need for a commercial application and being able to innovate their ideas to meet the needs of the consumer (Baron & Shane, 2008). On average, there are over 1400 billionaires in the world, and of those 960 are entrepreneurs who were successful, while the rest were fortunate to inherit their wealth (Vital, 2013).... [tags: startup, private business, billionaire, success]
2759 words (7.9 pages)
- Comparison of XTO Energy and Devon Energy Companies Company Background XTO Energy Inc. is a premier domestic natural gas and oil producer engaged in the acquisition, exploitation and development of quality, long-lived gas and oil properties. The Company, whose predecessor companies were established in 1986, completed its initial public offering in May 1993. Its properties and activities are concentrated in Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Colorado, Alaska and Louisiana.... [tags: Energy Business Companies Workforce Essays]
4887 words (14 pages)
- Restaurant Scene in Top Girls The restaurant scene in Top Girls (TG) revolves around Marlene celebrating her promotion at work, it is purely female gendered, having no male actors present throughout the whole play. The significance of the five guests she has chosen to celebrate with promotes the hard work and sacrifices she has made in order to get where she is. This scene uses women of the past, to highlight struggles of women through the ages, encompassing the theme of women’s experiences and women at work, with motherhood being an important factor for most of them.... [tags: Top Girls Play Theater]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- Current Event Article Analysis Article # 1 Titled: Yes: There are Limits to the right to bear arms Source: Union Tribune or Signonsandiego Date: Dec. 21 2007 By: Kristen Rand Summary/Analysis : This article discusses the amendment about gun control specifically the right to bear arms. But it isn’t discussing it on the U.S. mainland but instead on the District of Columbia. The Controversy is whether or not the District is bound to the same laws and amendments that the rest of the United States is.... [tags: Current Events]
1475 words (4.2 pages)