Age and sex has obviously always been an issue within us teens and with the amount of teens getting pregnant every year of course it’s going to be an issue. When people see a teen girl pregnant they strongly think, “oh wow her parents didn’t teach her better.” But stop and think on how you were raised, your parents always told you right from wrong and guided you on the correct path and they always wanted the best for you and your siblings. I feel that teen pregnanc...
... middle of paper ...
... out here doing adult things while only being 15 and 16 years old, its mind blowing of what kind of things a child learns from going to school, watching TV, using the internet and just being out and about paying attention to other people around them.
I feel that after stressing to talk to your child about sex at an early stage in life, hopefully more parents start doing so that way teen pregnancy can be a thing of the past its also going to show the younger generation of kids of what not to do before being at least 24 years old. Pregnancy rates dropping within teens would be awesome as well because that would stop making America look like a sex party for 15 and 16 year olds I mean come on America all we got to do is talk to our kids about sex when they finally actually start to comprehend things and actually get the gist behind how things happen and why they happen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Did you know that 3 in 10 teen girls in the United States will get pregnant at least once before they turn 20 years old. (“Teen Pregnancy”). Or that most teenagers want to be pregnant before they are 20 years old. In 2009 approximately 410,00 teens aged 15-19 gave birth in the United States and the teen birth rate remains higher than other developing countries (“Pazol”). The most shocking news to many teens having kids is that childbearing cost the United States about 9 billion annually and that the national teen birth rate was 39.1 birth per 1,000 and 37% decrease from 61.8 per 1,000 lowest in all records (“Pazol”).... [tags: teen pregnancy essays]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Outcomes of Teenage Pregnancy Finding an exact cause for teen pregnancy is difficult, however risk factors recognized as a possibility for pregnancy can help pinpoint certain areas to be aware of. Reasons for teenage pregnancy are immensely debated. One cause could be the lack of knowledge of the outcome that can result from sexual intercourse, such as the proper use of contraceptives. The awareness of the contraceptive use is known mostly by teens, yet they choose to engage in unprotected risks.... [tags: Adolescence, Pregnancy, Teenage pregnancy, Mother]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- Teenage pregnancy has become a major issue in society over the past years. More girls are becoming sexually active at younger ages which sometimes result in unplanned pregnancies. Although the rates of teen pregnancy have declined significantly over the past decades, the United States still has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the world. According to DoSomething.org, three in ten American girls will get pregnant at least once before age 20. That’s almost 650,000 teen pregnancies each year.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Adolescence, Pregnancy]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- A teen pregnancy is a pregnancy and girls under the age of 20. When teens become pregnant and can lead to different health problems. Risk factors include young age, for school performance, and other disadvantages. Pregnancy is the leading cause of the teams to drop out of school. Girls born to teenage mothers are 22% more likely to become teenage mothers themselves. One and twenty two teenage girls in West Virginia will have a baby. One in a West Virginia babies are born to teen mothers. Sexually active teen who doesn 't use protection has a 90% chance of becoming pregnant with him as a year.... [tags: Pregnancy, Adolescence, Mother, Teenage pregnancy]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Most of the best moments in a teenager’s life happen in high school. Attending homecoming football games and forming lifelong friendships matter the most to them. With all of the activities happening in school, it is possible to fall into peer pressure and lose focus. Some of the peer pressure teenagers receive from their schoolmates may cause a bump in the road. In some cases, this could be a baby bump. About one million girls in the world get pregnant each year (“Statistics on Teen Pregnancy”).... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Sex education, Pregnancy]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- In the United States, “approximately one million teenagers become pregnant each year. Seventy-five percent is unintended, thirty-five percent choose to have an abortion” (Facts and Statistics about Teenage Abortion). This illustrates an issue of sexual activating with teenagers is increasing, and teenagers are more likely to choose an abortion when they find they are pregnant. Additionally, every decision is made with its own consequences. This includes the decisions make in teenage pregnancy as to what should be done with a baby.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Adolescence]
1739 words (5 pages)
- Casjemonet Hinton Mr.Griffy INTRODUCTION Throughout history women have been giving birth to children to continue the circle of life. But what happens if it 's a teenager instead of a seasoned woman . Teenage pregnancy is a phenomenon that occurs when a female gives birth to a baby at a adolescent age ,typically someone who hasn 't completed core education or secondary education due to childbirth. Teenage pregnancy most often occurs in children between the ages of thirteen and nineteen.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Adolescence, Sex education]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- There is a lot of teen mothers growing up in this world wondering, what if I would have stayed in school. W hat could I have become. Would it have made my life easier if I had thought first. There is many causes for teen pregnancy. They lead to the need for the desire of love by another person. One might have a poor home life and would want something like their peers have. A teen may have a low self-esteem and simply be looking for acceptance. However, many teens that have a wonderful family and are very confidante arnt looking for the few minutes of pleasure.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
1393 words (4 pages)
- While many teens that engage in pre-marital sex never become pregnant, some are not as fortunate. Teen pregnancy has become all too common in this day and age. Some teens think it will not happen to them and do not use necessary precautions to protect against it. There are several causes for teen pregnancy and the effects can be life changing. Several causes for teen pregnancy are: the need for affection, acceptance, and unprotected sex. One may have a poor home life and look for affection from a peer.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
423 words (1.2 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy Nearly thirteen percent of all births in the United States were teenage girls from the ages fifteen to nineteen. Almost one million teenagers become pregnant each year and about 485,00 give birth. In many situations the answer to keeping a relationship going is to have a good sex life. Most teen relationships are based on sex. This is one of the main reasons why teenage birth rates are so high. I am a good person to make a case for this topic because I have witnessed from a family member how difficult it is to be a teenager and also have to raise and support a child.... [tags: Teenage Pregnancy]
1012 words (2.9 pages)