In today's society, robots come in different types and qualities, and robots’ use was mainly in the laboratories and factories; however, that has drastically changed where their uses are changing at a high speed. In addition to that, they have spread throughout the world. The main function of robots is to replace the work that people used to do, or perform tasks that man cannot. A robot is a mechanical or virtual device that uses a computer program, or electronic circuitry, to carry out its functions. In modern science, robotics refers to the study of robots is robotics, which deals with designing, constructing, operating, and using robots and computer systems for controlling and processing information and providing feedbacks. However, as much as robots replace human labor, individuals or organizations can use them in dangerous environments that might be harmful and beneficial to humans. Therefore, to understand the logic behind the creation of robots, one should learn the pros and cons of robotics, in the current society. This is because people are using this technology without having a deep understanding of its effects. However, an objective evaluation of the use of robots, in the modern society, shows that they have a positive influence on human beings, but if the robots were overused, it could lead to a negative side. which shows why human beings should use robots wisely that will result an improvement to their societies and own lives. Robots have become interactive equipment whereby they have become part of human life. In this regard, people use them directly or indirectly to enhance the quality of their lives. However, Sharkey argues that there are ethical issues that arise because of using robots to enhance hu...
... middle of paper ...
...ings to ignore. For example, they affect the manner in which the brain functions. Robots also affect the social life of people, in society, which has become an ethical issue among many researchers. On the right side, robots also offer security to families and companies and perform duties that are dangerous to human beings. In addition to that, robots are of benefit in the medical field especially to students with disabilities and those awaiting organ transplant procedures. This is where robots help them remain in touch with their friends. However, there are many security concerns in regard of robotic objects, especially when people use them in place of human interactions. However, the coming days may produce advanced robots with sensor-based, animated devices that use expressive sound, light, movement a screens to praise, encourage, advice and comfort human beings.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Robots are over-taking us. Or are being taken over by robots. There have been many robots developed to make life easier. Robotics has had some positive effects in the performance of certain jobs. It can help us complete difficult jobs that use materials that are not safe for humans to handle such as radioactive materials. A single robot can do heavy tasks that would require 10 people to complete. However, this savings in time and money for companies could result in loss of hours and wages for employees.... [tags: disadvantages, jobs, performance]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Robots and Humanity: Should We Be Worried. Robots are slowly going to become our friends, workers, and maybe even our lovers. At least that is what we hear and think. Some people might be wondering, “Why would I want a robot as a lover. Am I going to be able to sit down all the time and take a rest while my robot does everything for me?” Many questions like these are going through our minds, and as technology evolves, we will have more questions in the future. The thing we most focus on now is how robots are going to make our lives easier.... [tags: Robot, Robotics, Want, Emotion]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Robots and Their Effect on Society If you think robots are the kind of thing you hear about in science-fiction movies, think again. Right now, all over the world, robots are performing thousands of tasks. They are probing our solar system for signs of life, building cars at the General Motors plants, assembling Oreo cookies for Nabisco and defusing bombs for the SWAT team. As they grow tougher, more mobile, and more intelligent, today’s robots are doing more and more of the things that humans can’t or don’t want to do and in many cases taking away the need for human labor.... [tags: Technology Science Essays]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- Delivery of Robots in the Clinical Setting Over the past few years, tremendous technological innovations have taken place. The field of robotics has undergone great development, which has seen robots being integrated into important sectors of the economy including health care. Robotic technologies in healthcare are utilized in a wide range of function, including diagnosing of patients, surgery, medication distribution, surgery, and delivery of food to patients.... [tags: Surgery, Health care, Medicine]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- “Sheltered as we are by Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field, which deflect lethal radiation from space, we are like coddled children who have never ventured into a tough neighborhood” (Folger 2). Humans have been fascinated with space since the beginning of our time. Just like children and rough neighborhoods, we have tackled obstacle over obstacle to make it home again. In the end, we have a better knowledge and strength than before. The future of space exploration can assist us in answering the everlasting question of how the universe came to be.... [tags: Robots, Discoveries]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Computer revolution has brought many changes in the world, changes which encloses all manners and its role. Computers have been logged into every sector whether it is sports, airlines, road cameras, cars, businesses etc. Technology plays an important part in altering our lifestyle. Advantages of Human Computer Interaction • Changing Computers: - Internet, PC and web browser were three big inventions of HCI without these three our today would not have been possible. Computers affect our daily routine activity from buying food to paying our bills.... [tags: computer revolution, lifestyle, internet]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- As a society over the past two hundred years scientist have made numerous achievements that few could of dreamed of beforehand. However, some will raise the question of “Will science ever advance to far?” To many people are going to far with the dream of creating artificial intelligence, namely those that could be considered sentient in at least some regard. To understand this lets examine the history, advantages, disadvantages, and finally whether or not creating artificial intelligences would be ethical.... [tags: technology, supercomputers, robots]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- ... This process is very costly it includes paying for the equipment and machinery. Economically NEWater can have disadvantages and advantages. NEWater benefits singapore, with helping out with the need op being dependent on other countries. These countries include Malaysia, which has a contract with singapore for importing potable water. NEWater minimizes being dependent greatly and hereby singapore saves a large amount of money. Malaysia will not be able to threaten Singapore anymore with the increase on tax or increasing the cost of the transportation of the potable water.... [tags: sewage, economic, cost]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction A description of Virtual Reality can be a bit tricky, and the semantics might be at variance in relation to what age group you ask, for instance, a children’s site describe computer simulated environment as tools which let you to experience and interact with images in a simulated 3D environment, for example, you could plan an area at home on your computer machine and really believe that you are walking around in it, although it was never constructed. According to Aurich, Virtual Reality is a broad and extensively developed scientific conception, which is broadly put into operation for scientific visualisation, teaching and training, process in risky surroundings, exploration, ho... [tags: Immersive, Programming, Uses]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- Industrial Robots and Manufacturing Automation Abstract Automation started out as an assembly line of workers doing the same repetitive task all day long. Some of the jobs were very boring, dirty, unpleasant, and possibly dangerous. After the introduction of the first robot in 1961, automation began to advance in ways people could only imagine. Each of the six basic styles of robot used in industry today were designed with different applications in mind. Some of the robots were designed for assembly, others are more suited for simple pick and place applications, while a select few are capable of carrying heavy loads over a large area.... [tags: Robots Automation Essays]
3059 words (8.7 pages)