Kanye Omari West was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on June 8, 1977. He left college to pursue a musical career, producing tracks for Jay-Z while polishing his demo. He released The College Dropout in 2004. It sold 2.6 million copies and won Best Rap Album. His follow-up releases have been equally successful and West has become a celebrity famous for his outrageous and entertaining statements. Kanye is also big on fashion, he has his own shoes called “The Yeezy’s” under Nike. Those so called outrageous statements are mentions of truth, bravery or just not caring what other people think. He is the type of person that say what others are thinking but the other does not say anything because they know it may come off wrong. One example is during the B.E.T awards, when Taylor Swift won female video of the year, then Kanye ran on stage and said “Beyoncé had that best video of all time.” I remember I was watching some interview of him and he said that the things he say gets perceived the wrong way but his intentions are always good.
That 's one reason why I think I would fit well with this group, because I think the same way as Kanye. I don 't care if you take it the wrong way or not but your going to hear what I ha...
... middle of paper ...
...o problems with in the group. I 'm assuming they left for their personal benefits because they didn 't say it was a specific reason they were leaving. The only reason I would leave G.O.O.D Music is because I have a better chance of getting more money elsewhere. If I was in the group before they left I could have learned a lot from Common because he does a huge amount of volunteering/Community service and giving back. From that I can get better at time management, how to budget finances, and moral standards.
Hanging out with Kanye West would be fun and entertaining because of his so called outburst. I can empathize with him and he can teach me a thing or two about fashion. Not only can he teach me something 's but others in the group can as well. If I was accepted into G.O.O.D Music I would have to get my rhymes right and I don 't think I would ever leave the group.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Kanye Ran onto the stage saying, ‘I'm sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!’” (Top 10 Outrageous Kanye West Moments), says Kanye West at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards after Taylor Swift had just won “Best Female Video.” People that are like this have typically not always been this way. They were probably raised as a polite and respectful person before they were exposed to fame and fortune, and other “celebrities,” making them feel like they are the only people on the planet.... [tags: hip hop artist, celebrities, kanye west]
1388 words (4 pages)
- Kanye Omari West, rapper, producer, professional celebrity, and with an ego to match, has forced himself into the limelight of the music industry. Kanye West has made a lasting impression on all of those around him, whether it be a good one or bad. With seven full length albums, a multimillion record label company, and a successful fashion business all under his belt, it’s fair to say that Kanye has done his fair share of creating. Over the last twelve years Kanye went from a young Chicago kid just trying to get his flows off, to one of the most decorated musicians of all time.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout]
2615 words (7.5 pages)
- ... I found something intriguing about Kanye, something about his essence had an odd sort of allure to me, and I kept noticing something the interviewer had said to him. It was something along the lines of: “What happened to you, Ye. I used to consider you a real revolutionary, why you always talking about money. Martin Luther King didn’t need money”. “Used to?” I thought This was the first breadcrumb leading down a path to the truth, it was the first hint that eventually lead to my quest for information about Kanye West.... [tags: Kanye West, The College Dropout, Thought, Jay-Z]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- Both songs, “A Tale of 2 Citiez” and “All Falls Down,” describe shortcuts to perceived success. They describe scenarios of young adults trying to obtain what they think success is by obtaining material possessions from taking shortcuts. Even with those descriptions of shortcuts people take, they do not promote the idea of achieving success through the shortcuts of obtaining material possessions to try to show others that they are successful since they both express regret and negative attributes related to those actions.... [tags: Kanye West, Syleena Johnson, The College Dropout]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- ... On September 24th 2015, at precisely 12:00pm the IP registry assigned to North America announced on its twitter page, “It’s official. ARIN’s #IPV4 address pool reaches ZERO #get6.” IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) distributed its final batch of IPv4 addresses to the five RIR’s (Regional Internet Registries) across the globe prior to 2014, and with ARIN’s supply at zero other organizations are reaching the same pivotal point. Currently, all the RIR’s across the world are distributing IPv6 network prefixes.... [tags: IP address, Internet, IPv4 address exhaustion]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Kanye West has produced works that many interpret as exhibiting the struggle of black identity in the post-modern era. In, Twisted Fantasy he could be interpreted as exploring what is known to the Self in juxtaposition to what is unknown, if the ideas he were presenting were to transcend the disconnected chaos of society. Kanye West is world renowned for his somewhat dark lyrics and the prolific imagery of his music videos. He has always gone for the shock value, in music and the real world. While West presents images that are startling, he is reflecting society with a noticeable lack of original thought while at the same time not addressing root causes for the desolation he portrays.... [tags: Lyrics, Music, Music Videos, Hip Hop]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Let 's say ICANN removes the domain name youtube.com. YouTube in self may still exist, but would you know what numbers to type in to get there. 99.99% of people wouldn 't be able to access it. So ICANN is really important. That is why, as the internet grew up. America decided not to hand control to the United Nations or another international body steered by governments. But for the most part, the US government has been pretty much hands off. But something changed this past Saturday, October 1, 2016.... [tags: IP address, Internet, Domain Name System]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Four and a half months after the Union defeated the Confederacy at the Battle of Gettysburg, Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address on November 19, 1863. He gave the Union soldiers a new perspective on the war and something to fight for. Before the address, the Civil War was based solely on states’ rights. Lincoln’s speech has the essence of America and the ideals that were put into the Declaration of Independence by the founders. The sixteenth president of the United States was capable of using his speech to turn a war on states rights to a war on slavery and upholding the principles that America was founded upon.... [tags: The Gettysburg Address]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Rapper, producer, fashion designer, and actor; what does Kanye West not do. Ever since 1999, West has been using the world as his personal show to exploit all his talents. A person like this must have gone to a great university and gotten a great degree. Truth is, he didn’t. Actually, he never even graduated and was automatically considered a dropout who would never make it anywhere. Through College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation, and his personal lifestyle, Kanye West demonstrates that in the 21st century, a self-made man can break the status quo.... [tags: Rapper, Producer, Fashion Designer, Actor]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher Whether or not we are aware of it, each of us is faced with an abundance of conflict each and every day. From the division of chores within a household, to asking one’s boss for a raise, we’ve all learned the basic skills of negotiation. A national bestseller, Getting to Yes, introduces the method of principled negotiation, a form of alternative dispute resolutions as opposed to the common method of positional bargaining. Within the book, four basic elements of principled negotiation are stressed; separate the people from the problem, focus on interests instead of positions, invest options for mutual gain, and insist on using objective criteria.... [tags: Negotiation Getting Yes Roger Fisher Essays]
1118 words (3.2 pages)