To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion... The human nature of the human being from conception to old age is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence. (“Abortion ProCon.org”)
Conception is the point that scientific textbooks have taught that life begins for decades; there is simply no discrediting it. Liberals wish to form laws and arguments around their own needs, claiming that the mother should have a choice to abort the baby or not. But where is the baby’s choice found? Innocent children are being stripped of their right to live. “Women’s rights” is a repulsive cover-up for murder.
The point at which life begins is the main argument for both sides of the abortion debate. However, abortion is also murder because, like murder, it destroys the future of a human being (Jones). According to Dan Marquis, pro...
... middle of paper ...
The debate on abortion will continue to rage on. Both sides think their argument is flawless and will continue to assert their opinions. The truth is that abortion is murder; the very practice of it is a heinous travesty that demoralizes the very foundation our country and society was built on. Ronald Reagan, the fortieth president of our United States, had this revelation about abortion: “I 've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” How can our society sit back and deprive a human being of his or her life and justify it by saying that it is for the good of everyone? How is one life more valuable than a young life with a bright future ahead? Abortion is no different from murder; it is an evil practice that should be outlawed in every form and circumstance because of its damage to the child, mother, and society as a whole. Abort abortion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury in this argument I am going to provide evidence on how abortion is the killing of an innocent human and how it is wrong to yell “My Body, My Choice”. Abortion is allowed in over thirty countries around the world; killing about fifty million babies worldwide. That is approximately 125,000 abortions per day out of which 3,288 occur daily in the United States. A baby is a precious life that God has given that person and he or she deserves an opportunity to live. In 1973, Roe v.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Murder, Childbirth]
1550 words (4.4 pages)
- Every day in America people stand outside of abortion clinics, protesting the murder of innocent babies. People will block entrances, bring signs, and sometimes even go to drastic measures like shooting or bombing these clinics to stop women from entering and terminating their pregnancies. One could say that the protestors are in the wrong, but maybe the women are the ones at fault instead. They were the ones who got pregnant, so they should take full responsibility and care for their child, not get rid of it.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Birth control]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- ... From the years of 1973-2009, 411 women died as a result of an abortion (Abort 73). In 2011, about 1.06 million abortions happened in the United States. The abortion rate has gone down. In 2008 there were about 1.21 million abortions that happened, in 2002 there were about 1.29 million abortions, 1.31 million in 2000, and about 1.36 million abortions occurred in 1996 (Abort 73). The states with the highest amount of abortions in 2011 were California with 181,730, New York with 138,370 and Florida with 84,990 abortions.... [tags: termnation of pregnancy, murder of innocent]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Is Abortion Murder. Throughout the decades, women have planned out their family. They have designed the size, gender, and how far apart they want their children. Unfortunately in today’s society many women are using abortion as a type of birth control. A large portion of society believes that an abortion is the wrong action to take, and it should be made illegal. This consists of not only in the United States but throughout the entire world. Abortion should be outlawed everywhere because it is murder to an innocent child, it is a health risk to the mother, family problems, and it causes women to have emotional, physical, and, mental abuse after the procedure.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Woman, United States]
1050 words (3 pages)
- A Murder of Innocents- Should Abortion Remain Legal. Can you imagine how it will be if someone took away your right to live. Well, that is what abortion is. Abortion it is not having any opinion in whether or not you want to live. Babies cannot do anything about their life when their mother decides to abort them. In other words, abortion is the human act of killing a new human being; the procedure to end pregnancy. Since 1973, when abortion was legalized, many abortions have been performed each year in the United States.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Childbirth, Human rights]
1875 words (5.4 pages)
- Partial Birth Abortion is Murder Partial birth abortion is a controversial method of abortion late in a woman’s pregnancy in which the baby is aborted by a craniotomy. Two organizations are commonly affiliated with abortion: Pro-choice supports abortion saying that what is in a woman’s body is her “property”, while Pro-life believes it is murder of innocent babies. Partial birth abortion is murder of innocent children and an abomination to basic human rights and values. Thesis Statement: Partial birth abortion is murder of innocent babies and an abomination to basic human rights and values.... [tags: Argument Argumentative Persuasive Abortion Essays]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- There are so many different viewpoints on abortion, it isn’t even funny. Someone could say that abortion is morally acceptable because a woman was raped or the pregnancy could interfere with her health. Other people might say that it is murder and immorally unacceptable because the child obviously does not have a say in the abortion. The problem with abortions is that there is no real conclusion to the problem, whether it is legal or illegal. And this argument is only getting worse and worse. Let us say a woman really wanted to have a child but then finds out that her health is in jeopardy, then unless the mother wants to try and cheat death with her own life, then the abortion would be m... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Murder, Human]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Today’s society is made up of such an abundant number of controversial issues. One of the most controversial issues being abortion- the act of intentionally termination a pregnancy resulting in the death of the fetus (Kreider, A. personal communication, March 24, 2011). Abortion is both constitutionally and morally wrong, and should be illegal in the United States in all but two cases: if the mother was raped (and pregnancy was as a result of the rape) or if the mother’s life would be put in endangerment by the pregnancy.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Pro-life]
2743 words (7.8 pages)
- The topic of abortion is an extremely controversial issue in today's society, there are many separate views on the morality of it. Abortion is defined as the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy (“Abortion”). In other words, it is the murder of an unborn child. Throughout the past there has been several court cases related to abortion, in attempt to resolve the debate. For example, Roe v. Wade declared that unborn children are neither ‘persons’ nor are they entitled to the same constitutional protection as born children (“Roe V.... [tags: Abortion Pro Life Essays]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Fetal abortions can cause major physical harm to the patient’s body; and those who are lucky enough not to be physically harmed by abortion, are emotionally and mentally scarred by them. However, there are people who support this harmful and immoral act of life taking. Their views and reasons however, do not change the fact that abortion is immoral and should be made illegal. When a pregnant woman puts herself in the position to have an abortion, she is putting her life in danger, as well as her physical being.... [tags: Abortion, argumentative, persuasive]
885 words (2.5 pages)