... middle of paper ...
...ke sure that you are in good physical condition so you will be able to handle the punishment that will come if you do pass. Next you should have enough control over your emotions to handle the high stress, high pace that will come with entrance into the fire academy. Last and most important of all is make sure you are mentally ready to rise to the challenge.
Clough, Peter and Doug Strycharczyk. Developing mental toughness: improving performance, wellbeing and positive behaviour in others. London: Kogan page, 2012. Book.
"Fire science degree fits into long-term goals. Fire Engineering, 00152587, Jul99, Vol. 152, Issue 7." july 1999. web.
Lepore, Paul. Five Steps to Becoming a Firefighter. 2013. Web. 28 October 2013.
Physical Fitness Tests for the US Fire Department. 2013. web. 20 October 2013.
What Firefighters Really do. 2011. 19 0ctober 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was a quiet night in the Carribean while a plane was traveling across the Atlantic Ocean transporting a group of young students from a dangerous situation involving war. Then, all of a sudden, Boom. One of the plane’s wing was on fire. Everyone on the plane was screaming for their lives. The plane’s wing was deteriorating constantly while the pilot was reminding everyone to stay calm and prepare for emergency landing. At the time people where saying their last prayers. The ground was approaching them at an incredible speed.... [tags: suspense, ]
1049 words (3 pages)
- The sheer physical nature of fire is to consume all fuel that lay in its path. That is exactly what happened in the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire of 1911. The building itself was reported to be fire proof, but what about its contents. The amount of unused cotton and other fabric scraps that were piled up were ample amounts of fuel just waiting to be consumed by a spark. The business owners kept what little exits and escape routes the building had locked for fear of a thieving employee. The employees mostly took the elevators up and down the building, limiting their knowledge of possible escape routes.... [tags: research paper]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- When writing a paper the process can vary from a few hours to several days. English teachers have several different ways they teach their students how to write as well as the method to use. Knowing the perfect way to prepare to write for a paper takes several years to master. Once you know what method works best for you, writing becomes less stressful. Preparing for the rhetorical analysis paper, I used all the best methods to have a smooth transaction from the begging till the end. First you need to decide what form your paper is going to take, then decide what the topic will be about.... [tags: Mind, Writing, Thought, Psychology]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Realizing that I wanted to be a lawyer, for me, was a series of small moments rather than any one large one. I arrived at college as many freshmen do, without a clear picture of where I would be in four years. However, I began actively trying to find my direction. As a member of the Honors College, I was required to choose one class from a list of Honors elective, and fortunately for me, I decided to enroll in American Government. It quickly became my favorite class, and I decided I should declare a major and continue in Political Science classes to see where it would lead me throughout my college experience.... [tags: Lawyer, Practice of law, Intern, Internship]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- So you are a new recruit/rookie/probies. Well then congrats on your achievement of completing the fire academy training. Remember everyone was once in your shoes. When you are hired on to a department. The people of that department, you could be serving with for maybe 10 or more years. To help prepare you for your career in the fire service here is ten thing you must know. Number one, respect the job. Firefighting is the most respected career and volunteer area in the United State of America. For those men and women who wear the bunker gear a lot people wish they could be us, for whatever reason that is.... [tags: Training, Volunteers, Service]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The Fire Fighter Professor is the best study guide system designed to help you obtain your optimal score on the Fire Fighter exam so you can start your career as a firefighter. The Fire Fighter Professor is the number one provider of high quality knowledge designed to help YOU score high on your firefighter exam. Experienced firefighters and exam consultants have provided content, explanations and feedback given by the Fire Fighter Professor. By studying with the Fire Fighter Professor, you will: Increase your understanding of the necessary firefighter material Improve your firefighter exam comfort, familiarity, and completion speed Start preparing immediately as there is no software to... [tags: essays research papers]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- ... So I do spend allot of time in the SCFA office explaining my actions. I stay in trouble” 3) What do you do for students that are doing their best and still are not succeeding, passing or understanding the material or class that you are teaching. “I find study groups work the best. If I can’t get the material across to them maybe a fellow student can. I try to organize them for longer classes.” 4) Have you infused any outside influences into your teaching and or curriculum. “Yes my college education and physiological case studies of fire service personnel.” 5) What classes can you teach in your program.... [tags: improve, balance, teaching, work, classes]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Things You Should Know before Visiting the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch Be informed and experience the taste of Africa’s thrilling wild safari adventure in San Antonio, Texas. Are you an animal lover. Or do you dream to encounter wild animals freely roaming around you. In short, is it one of your greatest dreams to take an African Safari trip. Worry no more. If you live in or near San Antonio, you’re in for a real safari treat. It is undeniably one of the best outdoor adventures you can have with your family this summer.... [tags: Travel]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Whether you are living on your own or with your family, home is always a place to enjoy, entertain and relax – a place happier than any other. But, with one burglary or a major accident the dream can fast turn into a nightmare. However, with some educated caution we can prevent most of these untoward incidents. Fire safety tips – Fire is the reason for the most major accidents to occur at home. Avoid any such incident by following these home fire safety tips. Buy a fire extinguisher and place it safely away from any open flames but in an easily accessible area.... [tags: fire, burglar alarm, emergency]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- Outliers are extraordinary individuals who didn’t need college to be successful in the first place. In the past it was an honor to go to college, and only the wealthy families were able to send their kids. There is a saying by one of our most famous presidents William Jefferson aka Bill Clinton “When we make college more affordable we make the American dream achievable” (Clinton). Most of the American kids are not cut out for college. Computers and robots can run our country and the huge price tag that comes along with a four year degree.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, University]
1043 words (3 pages)