... middle of paper ...
...t 20% in rolled in some type of educational training at any given time. About haft are using their educational benefits with 25% having used up their Benefits. The 25% that are trying to put themselves through school are my target client. Mr. Belke says that they place news paper adds every quarter and the local radio station runs adds also but most of the veterans that responds to them are hearing about them from word of mouth. I have looked at how most of the veterans learn of it and I am looking to start a campaign to have every Veteran that comes into the office to please tell not just their friends that are Veterans but any that they meet in their everyday life. Also I would like to see posters and billboards around the county stating that all veterans should register with their local veterans office and the county hall of records with their discharge papers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the most serious problems facing all veterans today is the lack of proper healthcare. Soldiers, sailors and airmen are leaving active duty without having proper healthcare to cover their physical or mental injuries. The department responsible for veteran’s healthcare is the Department of Veterans Affairs. (VA) According to The department of Veterans Affairs website, “The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status.... [tags: Healthcare, Veterans, argumentative, persuasive]
1844 words (5.3 pages)
- Homelessness is a social issue in the United States of America, one that has been with us for decades, if not for our entire history. Of particular concern within the scope of this paper is the subject of homelessness among military veterans. This paper will examine the issue as a social problem, and look at contributing factors and current solutions. In order to address the problem, it is necessary to understand certain terms. The definition of the term ‘veteran’ is given in 17 USC Sec. 101 of the U.S.... [tags: Social Issue, Contributing factors, War Veterans]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- We expect our military members to protect our nation to the best of their abilities. Low standards are unacceptable in the military. Our veterans only deserve the highest standard of health care quality. But they are receiving substandard and delayed care through a government ran agency. This is simply not acceptable. This needs to change sooner than later because they deserve far better than this for the sacrifices they made protecting this country and our rights in this great country. The United States Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is the country’s largest health care systems to date (Oliver, 2007).... [tags: Health economics, Medicine, Health care]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Opening statement Thousands of veterans are eligible to enroll in Medicare Part A & B although some of them continue receive their healthcare benefits from department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare administration. The lack of awareness of the enrollment periods in Medicare A& B assesses the late enrollment charges in their enrollment bills. This study could help those veterans who are qualified and didn’t enroll in Medicare. These thousands of veterans who are ready retire could benefit from this study.... [tags: Health economics, Health care, Health insurance]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- “A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. Regardless of personal political views, that is an honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.” Data indicates that it takes years for the trauma associated with military combat to appear, hence the name post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). After the Vietnam War it took nine to twelve years before veterans began showing up at homeless shelters in large numbers.... [tags: Social Issues]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- History of Veterans Affairs The United States of America has a long history of trying to provide support and benefits for the men (and recently women) who have fought for the country dating back to the Colonial War time in 1636. The Pilgrims passed a law saying the colony would care for the disabled soldiers who fought against Native Americans (U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, 2015b). During this time, it was customary for veterans to receive pensions for their service during war-time. This effort was made to prevent desertions and to encourage more men to enlist.... [tags: Psychiatry, Mental disorder, Mental health]
1214 words (3.5 pages)
- Example #2: A study of 156 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans showed that the drugs D-cycloserine and alprazolam administered to the group made little difference with their PTSD symptoms over the placebo, or control group not given the medication (“Medication treatments,” 2014). The drugs were administered 30 minutes before the veterans were given virtual reality exposure therapy, for which “head-mounted computer simulations of veterans’ sensory experiences from the war” was given (“Medication treatments,” 2014, p.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Mental health, Veteran]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Veteran services Hunger and Homelessness Veterans who are living in poverty is an issue that is a very prevalent fact for some veterans living in America. When a young male signs up for the service they understand the concepts of sacrifice and serving. These men sacrifice their youth to serve their country, sacrificing their freedoms to ensure that the United States of America remains a free country and, for some, they sacrifice their health or life responding to conflicts that they may not even support.... [tags: Poverty, United States, Homelessness]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- The reasons that I gotten into the field of public administration was the community needs and its’ lifeblood. Plus, the thirst and continuous desire to improve the overall policies for ideal of a good government. Ever since I gotten into the graduate school for Master of Public Administration. I had my eyes wide opened to the world and all of its’ opportunities. I felt and recognized that the opportunity of this fellowship will help me with my career-development into full-time with local government.... [tags: Management, Bureaucracy]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) In July of 1953 the United States Congress amended an act called the Small Business Act. Many believed that the essence of the American economic system of private enterprise is free competition. Also, that only through full and free competition can free markets, free entry into business, and opportunities for expression and growth of personal initiative and individual judgment can be assured. Thus, the Small Business Act was amended. In order to carry out the policies of this Act there was hereby created an agency under the name "Small Business Administration".... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1653 words (4.7 pages)