Essay PreviewMore ↓
There are many strategies that can be used to help students study efficiently. After participating in the “VARK Questionnaire” the results revealed that I have multimodal preferences. (A multimodal learning preference is a preferred way of learning new information or material that incorporates several different styles of learning. Different modes of learning are combined such as, visual and auditory). Two of my strongest points in studying are reading/writing and kinesthetic. As I don’t use one specific strategy, I have many different study strategies. A very common technique is writing down information using the internet as a source. Most of the research that I provide is aided by the internet. I like to take notes on the research so that it will be easier to summarize the information. Another common strategy I use involves reviewing the information I have gathered repeatedly. Even though I tend to understand certain difficult topics with visual aids but I still use memorization as a key method. In most of my school related environments, memorization was a technique which was used influenced by instructors the most. Visual presentation, diagrams and charts are also very helpful in the studying process (VARK, 2013). When I am studying complicated and/or lengthy topics visual and physical representations are very essential. The use of visual aid helps me process the information more efficiently and remember the material. Some topics can be very complex and harder to understand, when you have situations of this type I address them with another individual.
Some recommendations made by the “VARK Questionnaire” were to use different variations in studying. There is no” helpsheet” provided for individuals that have multimodal preferences which means I have habits that belong in all four categories (VARK, 2013). One strategy the reading and writing category suggests includes taking notes (INTAKE), reduce the amount of notes (SWOT), study for tests using multiple choice questions and by writing information in bullet form (OUTPUT). Another suggestion made by the visual study techniques is using posters, diagrams, flow charts, graph, symbols, and pictures. Aural strategies addressed that discussing topics with others, using a tape recorder, remembering interesting examples, reading summarized notes aloud, spending time in muted areas to recall ideas and speaking answers aloud.
Using the “VARK Questionnaire” is a great way to help you excel in your education and changing your current study habits are the first step in making the change.
How to Cite this Page
"Vark Questionnaire: Study Strategies." 123HelpMe.com. 27 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The VARK questionnaire is a useful and efficient tool for many students to use in order to comprehend and ultimately unlock the learning style and strategies that work best with students to achieve success as well as generate potent study habits. After taking the VARK questionnaire, my results were as follows; Visual 12, Aural 9, Read/Write 9 and Kinesthetic 11. Based upon my results I was easily able to conclude that I am a visual learner while also, being an active or more of a hands-on type of learning style.... [tags: Learning, Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction The objective of learning is to understand information intended to be learned. According to Brown (2000) learning styles is defined as the manner in which individuals perceive and process information in learning situations" (Journal of Studies in Education, 2012). Depending on one 's perspective, preferred learning styles help defined in multiple ways to get the most out of any learning or teaching experience. There are several ways to evaluate a person’s learning style, preference, and strategies that may be different from one person to the next.... [tags: Learning styles, Learning, Education]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Learning is a process that afford the opportunity to increase one’s knowledge. VARK questionnaire aimed at helping people know and identify self and best learning strategies. This questionnaire awards scores based on the responses provided to different questions as it relates to different learning styles. The learning strategies VARK questionnaire focuses on are visual, aural, read/write and kinesthetic. Following a section of answered questionnaire, the following scores were obtained; visual 5, aural 4, read/write 4 and kinesthetic 12.... [tags: Learning styles, Kinesthetic learning, Education]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Everyone enjoys learning and not all of us have the same learning style. There are several learning theories out there. Whole brain theory, Neurolinguistic Programming, The Seven Intelligences, Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory, and the Color Code Theory just to name a few. This research paper will focus on defining The Seven Intelligences, the VARK Questionnaire, and distance learning (DL). A good teacher is able to differentiate and adapt learning methods to the current needs of the students (Zajac, 2009).... [tags: Learning, Intelligence, Learning theory, Education]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- There are many issues a person have to explore in order to create an ideal questionnaire. Firstly, one have to define the aim of the study, which in the same time can provide the basis for the structure of the questionnaire and developing the content to collect the information required to adress the study aims. Once did it, the researcher have to choose the question type and craft good questions. Last, but not least, establishing the right layout. Basing on the appendix attached, I'm going to create an evaluation.... [tags: structure, study, question]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- An important question to address when attempting to identify effective study strategies and their relationship with academic performance is, “What are study skills?” The term “study skills” can be defined as proficiency in identifying, organizing, memorizing, and using information in order to succeed academically (Proctor, Prevatt, Adams, Hurst, & Petscher, 2006). Activities identified as study skills include “time management, setting appropriate goals, selecting an appropriate study environment, employing appropriate note-taking strategies, concentrating, selecting main ideas, self-testing, organization, and managing anxiety,” (Proctor et al., 2006).... [tags: Learning, Study skills, Mind map, Homework]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction: Adenomyosis is a myometrial lesion characterized by the presence of ectopic endometrium with hyperplasia of the surrounding myometrium and leiomyomas are benign myometrial neoplasms. Commonly reported symptoms of adenomyosis are menorrhagia, chronic pelvic pain, and dysmenorrhea; whereas, menorrhagia, pain, pelvic pressure, and bowel and urinary tract complaints are reported in leiomyomas. However, adenomyosis and leiomyomas commonly coexist and therefore attributing symptoms to either of the condition is problematic.... [tags: disease, leiomyomas, method, results]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- STAKEHOLDER INFORMATION SHEET Exploring medication errors and adverse drug reactions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: views, attitudes and experiences of health professionals and key stakeholders Research Team Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: (principal investigator) Specialty - Pharmacy Affiliation - Ministry of Health Robert Gordon University: University of Aberdeen: Queen’s University: You are being invited to take part in a research study. Before you decide if you wish to take part, it is important for you to understand why the research is being undertaken and what it will involve.... [tags: Interview, Questionnaire]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- In this assignment, the author will analyses, and identify the differences between the basic and base concept of the research questionnaire. The research questionnaire is the best methods individual or a group of people can use to do their market research and get feedback from their target customers. The researcher will find the answers by making a smarter market survey with customers, which have to be in a form of business decision. The research questionnaire will help researcher to know the choice of consumers in the market, and how aware are they about the particular brand product.... [tags: Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Marketing, Cola]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- Everyone has a different learning style. Unfortunately, teachers rarely have the luxury of having the time, funds, and resources to satisfy each student’s unique learning pattern. As a result, many students struggle to learn in a classroom environment. Robert E. Slavin, the author of Educational Psychology: Theory and Practice, claims“… [Peer] tutoring is one of the most effective instructional strategies known, and it essentially solves the problem of appropriate levels of instruction (Pearson 208).” Peer tutors have the potential to support and teach fellow students in a way that teachers and other adults cannot.... [tags: Tutoring Strategies]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
The VARK Questionnaire is a very essential is helping students find out their learning preferences. The VARK Questionnaire provides many great varieties of learning styles. Using only the answers to the questions provided “VARK” displays different strategies and tips to help you improve and strive in your educational career. Understanding your learning style can help expand the knowledge you possess to a larger extent with easier strategies. Individuals can learn according to their preferences by just adjusting to slight changes in studying habits. People that struggle with their studying process will benefit greatly from “VARK”. In conclusion, VARK Questionnaire is a great way to improve your education with a use of new skills and techniques that apply you.