Being a part of the bigger picture not just for a pay check, I feel there should be a since of accomplishment and filament after working, higher education can give you that. Most institutions are not-for-profit. Different reasons have made this one of the largest growing and expanding industries over the past 15 years. In addition to awarding degrees, universities work with a greater mission in mind. Educational institutions know that the work being done provides opportunities for others to grow and make an impact in the world. Higher Education is the origin of modernization. With such a variety of people, the door is open to broaden horizons. The exposure to diverse culture and talent presents people with the opportunity to learn and create something new. The impact of higher education is much greater because of it both staff and staff have the opportunity to expand their skill set by taking on new projects, participating in a variety of committees, and navigating the changing landscape of higher education.
I am enthusiastic and passionate about the idea of influencing, mentorin...
... middle of paper ...
...and target the factors that can limit success of each student. Learning various policies, procedures and strategies that will help as a professional aid student successful, assisting with course planning and scheduling, time management in College/Sports/Life Balance, and setting goals so that they graduate in a timely manner.
Professionally I would like to understand and gain the knowledge if the business side of higher education. I hope that completion of this degree would give me the ability to perform position in student services such as Student Success Coach, Advisory staff, and NCAA compliance staff. To become a College Professor that assists with athlete or student affairs is my career goal. Even as a strength coach I never wanted to be that guy stuck in the weight room or gym I wanted to have more of a impact to my athletes as a student and young adult.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dr. Kristal Curry is an Assistant Professor in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program in the Spadoni College of Education. During the 2015-2016 academic year, Dr. Curry submitted her dossier for promotion to Associate Professor and tenure decision. This letter is a review of the calendar year of 2015. The definitions of descriptors defined in the Promotion and Tenure Faculty Annual Evaluation Rubrics (cited in 2013-2014 Spadoni College of Education Policies and Procedures Handbook) were used to make the determinations of “outstanding,” “very good,” “good,” and “needs improvement.” TEACHING: In the area of teaching, Dr.... [tags: University, Professor, Tenure, Academia]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- My career goal is to help youth find a career path that they love and want to pursue for a lifetime. I believe that a Master of Arts in Counseling would help me to facilitate this goal. A person’s career is such a part of an individual’s identity, in my opinion; it should be commonplace for individuals to begin exploring career paths in early childhood. A degree in Counseling with a School emphasis would allow me to work in the school system to help students begin to explore their employable interests.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- More than adding a skill; it’s building a career Professionals who can address practical real-world issues with advanced data analytics are highly sought after. But crunching numbers is not the same as solving problems. That’s why our Master of Arts (MA) in Applied Economics goes beyond teaching analytical tools; we offer a unique combination of theory, policy, and analytics so that graduates have the conceptual framework needed to solve the bigger problems. Our curriculum provides graduates with 21st century skill sought after in industry, banking, research institutions and government.... [tags: Economics, Macroeconomics, Data analysis]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Educational Leadership – Associate Professor or Professor The Spadoni College of Education at Coastal Carolina University announces a full-time tenure track position in Educational Leadership, beginning August 2016. The Master of Education and Educational Specialist degree programs in Educational Leadership are designed to provide advanced professional studies in graduate-level coursework for candidates who are interested in becoming principals or district-level leaders, and are committed to excellence in student success.... [tags: Doctorate, Academic degree, School, Education]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Why did I choose to be a literature and writing student. When I pick up a novel, I cannot hastily read the story. I must set a side plenty of time because I examine how the author has constructed each sentence, which will give me meaning to the story. My task is long and arduous, but the time spent is worthwhile. I will also assume each character’s persona while reading the novel and sometimes imagine I am one of the characters. By doing so, I am no longer reading written words on a page. I am giving life, emotion, and substance to each character.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
711 words (2 pages)
- I am applying to the Master of Arts program in Counselling Psychology for either spring or fall semester of 2016. I have earned my undergraduate degree in Family and Community Social Services and my diploma in Child and Youth work. For the past two years I have been employed as an Educational Child Assistant in a preschool for children with special needs. Since childhood I have had a passion to work with others. My ability to work alongside my peers, comfort a friend, and understand the hurting brought forth an empathetic and extroverted personality.... [tags: Psychology, Psychotherapy, Clinical psychology]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- In May of 1994 I walked across the erected stage in the Croy Gymnasium at The University of Findlay to receive my baccalaureate degree in the field of Sociology. My smile was sincere as I shook then President Kenneth Zirkle’s hand. President Zirkle was an avid football fan who attended every game home or away and often stopped to talk to me when he made his way through the football offices. I waved to the cheering crowd and made my way back to my seat with a grin that I could not get off of my face no matter how hard I tried.... [tags: College, University, Higher education]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- Montana State University Billings (Billings, MT) Montana State University Billings has one of the largest campus populations in the state with more than 4,900 students in attendance. The campus sits on 100 acres of land located in downtown Billings. The university’s online platform, MSUB Online, offers more than 200 classes online spanning 5 academic colleges. The campus has hosted several TEDx Talks with speakers including several local educators, leaders and musicians. Montana State University Billings offers a variety of associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s and certificate programs via MSUB Online.... [tags: Academic degree, University, Doctorate]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Educational Continuous: Community College vs. University With economic costs increasing, many businesses are now requiring individuals to have a higher level of education and at least a few years of experience to receive fair employment. Since living expenses are increasing rapidly each year, minimum wage jobs are not making ends meet anymore. More and more people are thinking about enrolling in secondary and tertiary educational institutions just to make a comfortable living for themselves as well as their families.... [tags: College, University, Higher education, Education]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- In 1852 when John Henry Newman wrote his essay, “The Idea of a University,” he wanted to convey that a University’s purpose was to be able to educate first-rate members of the social order. Newman’s theory, although over a hundred years old, still applies to today’s college students; many are seeking higher educations to not only lead to successful careers, but to also become an improved person in society. In a time when human endeavor was being redesigned, as industries, philosophies, and sciences were growing and affecting the world, Newman wrote an essay explaining the ideas and goals for seeking a liberal arts education.... [tags: Idea of a University]
1029 words (2.9 pages)