In the business world, there are challenging obstacles that may arise throughout a business, but it is the will power and the mind of determination to be successful. Operating a business might seem small to some or big to others; however, keeping the focus and satisfying the customers will aid in your operational decision-making process. Operation choices include decisions that are strategic in nature, meaning that they have long-term consequences and often involve a great deal of expense and resource commitments (Boundless.com, 2016). Likewise, creating resource allocation decisions about production operations will assist as well. For that reason, managers must be mindful that changes in operations usually deals with all employees from the customer service representative to the production line (Patrick, 2016).
As the manager of Wilson’s Café, the company has been nominated as one of the number one leading businesses for the low-calorie, frozen microwavable food industry worldwide. Wilson’s Café is based out of Raleigh, North Carolina and owned by Mr. and Mrs. Scott Wilson. The company was established in 2010 and unites with 26 supermarkets within the United States. The ultimate goal of this business is to remain professional while serving the communities with the highest quality of products and services. However, the company will need to make a few minor changes due to the market structure of the business. Wilson’s Café has shifted outward and has caused the company quantity demand to change. The new demand equation for this company is now reverted to the specific data that consist of QD = 350,000 - 100 P and with a marginal revenue of MR = 3500-0.02Q.
The market structure of Wilson’s Café now operates as an imperfe...
... middle of paper ...
...ts are been made during the strategic plan because it will provide detail information about the budgeting.
ATC= (160,000,000/Q) +100+0.00632Q ATC function
AVC=100+0.00632Q AVC function
MC=100+0.0126Q MC function
Min ATC: ATC=MC
-100 -0.00632Q-100 -0.00632Q
(Q) 160,000,000/Q=0.00628Q (Q)
25,477,707,006.369Q2 square root—159,617.38Q output
ATC=160,000,000/159617.38+100+0.00632 (159617.38) =$2111.18 cents ($21.11) break-even point
Min AVC: AVC=MC
-100 -100 0=Q
AVC=100+0.00632(0) =$100.00 shutdown
Assignment 1 QD=105,000-100P
P=1050-0.01Q inverse demand
TR=P*Q=1050Q-0.01Q2 total revenue function
MR= (DTR/DMR) =1050-0.02Q marginal revenue function
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Strategy and the Strategic Management Process at Target Corporation Retail Trade and General Merchandise Target Corporation operates under general merchandise in a retail trade has about 30 to 40 departments and offers items such as household items, apparel, personal care, sporting goods, photoshop, electronics, jewelry, automotive supplies, pet supplies, pharmacy and Café (Advisen, n, d). Target Corporation is a top discount retail stores in the U.S carrying general merchandise as well sells online (Yahoo Finance, 2015).... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1067 words (3 pages)
- What does it take to keep a company moving forward at a steady pace, in a forward direction and being successful at every twist or turn. Strategic planning will help any organization achieve their goals and also planning strategically will help them achieve them at a faster rate. A strategic plan according to the book Strategic Management by Ryszard Barnat states that it provides direction for an organization’s mission, objectives, and strategies. It defines the action steps by which a company intends to attain strategic goals, which also includes decisions that can greatly change the character or direction of the organization.... [tags: Strategic planning, Management, Strategy]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- . Imperative strategic plan collective Ideally, the reverse process should occur, where the tailored organization progresses from a detailed understanding of its problems, which ensures that a particular technology or technique is adapted to meet the needs of the tailored organization. This process of adaptation should also take into account the production and operation, size and workforce. Tailored organization needs to frame in terms of the needs of the tailored organization rather than the other way round.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Organization]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. INTRODUCTION This is the second of three reports I will complete as part of the strategic analysis of Pfizer. This report focuses on strategy analysis and includes the following sections. First, the major concepts related to generic, corporate and international strategies analysis will be defined. Second, those concepts will be applied to the case of Pfizer in order to analyze its strategies. The analysis of Pfizer will be followed by its evaluation to identify the major problem the company is facing and propose a solution that Pfizer can adopt.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- This blog describes about the strategic management planning along with different firms in order to have maximum outcomes to choose a valid and effective strategic plan to be implemented. The Strategy formulation is key to the prosperity of an organization or association. There are two noteworthy by process used by an organization or an effort parts of technique: 1. The Corporate system, in which organizations choose which line or lines of business to participate in. 2. The business or focused methodology, which sets the structure for making progress in a specific business.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- From this report it’s reflected that potential business strategies and also internal strength and external weakness. It is supposed that the resources and technology available that time are not equivalent to current situation. Apart from the study we got the business strategies with vision and mission besides strategic opportunities. The principles of strategic management and the Michael Porter’s Generic Strategies are trying associated to this case study. This report willdemonstrate how the principle of strategic management applies to any organization and help organisation to achieve their long-term objectives.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- Most global corporations in today’s business world are focusing on their business process and ways to manage those processes in order to become successful and leverage themselves against competitors. The understanding is that efficient business processes are beneficial to the business in the long run when considering factors like cost reduction, meeting customer’s expectations and streamlining business operations to eliminate any loopholes that are detrimental to the business. Change (2016) defines business process management as an approach that focuses on workflow of the firm and in the process divulging any errors that may hinder good performance, hence, it is used to structure a firm’s w... [tags: Management, Process management]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Strategic objectives form one of the important building blocks of a company’s strategic plan. Strategic objectives denote the activities that an organization must carry out to meet its long-term goals as well as the short term objectives. For every organization whose dealings involve provision of goods and services to customers, it paramount to the profitability of that particular organization to design and implement a logistics and transport strategy (Niven, 2008). The latter plays a primary role in maintain the levels of service delivery at their level best at all the times.... [tags: Strategic management, Business terms]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Understanding the customer purchase decision-making process is of great importance to all organizations. This understanding can be used as the basis for creating marketing strategies that suit the needs of the customers. The main purpose of this report is to develop an understanding of acceptable standards of branding and how it can be applied to create effective marketing strategies. This analytical report is targeted at managers in different organizations, to help them understand the importance of branding and how this can affect the success of their organizations.... [tags: Marketing, Brand management, Decision making]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Strategic Plan Development Riordan Manufacturing is a global fortune 1000 company and the world largest plastics manufacturer. The company’s main mission is to be the leader in innovation by focusing on research and development. In the past the company has been the first to identify industry trends and will continue to do so in the future by spending above and beyond the competition on research and development (Riordan Manufacturing, n.d.). The company is also focused on building and preserving its relationships with customers at the same time being a responsible partner with local communities to improve the quality of life for all.... [tags: Strategic Management]
1785 words (5.1 pages)