Cars are the ultimate symbol of independence and individualism. They offer more than freedom. No other man made creation but car fulfills a man’s ego. Technology has been the evidence of how cars have evolved for about more than a century now. From a first car packing a single cylinder 958cc, 0.75hp engine to today’s most powerful 8000cc W16, 1300bhp Veyron. We live in such an engineering savvy era where even an increase of few grams in a vehicle’s weight means going back to the drawing board to get unerring dynamic performance. And for these exuberant reasons, mechanical engineering was a mere choice rather than a chance for me.
After securing good marks in pre University College, I got into one of the renowned engineering college in our state. And during the completion of first year, I and my fellow companions initiated the SAE Club in our college to participate in FSAE India 2011, duly known as SUPRA SAEINDIA. Our team known as Lakshya Racing comprising of 12 students was one of the few to get selected from over 100 colleges applied. We fabricated a formula 3 type race car for the prestigious event. An 800cc, 50bhp powertrain was provided from event sponsors Suzuk...
... middle of paper ...
...aft for six feet stretched 2006 Hummer H2. I had to design the shaft for critical speed and its torsional strength by taking into consideration for minimal vibrations in operation at different engine speeds. I’m thankful to my Manager Mr. Ayaz Patel for believing in me and giving an opportunity to demonstrate my skills.
Automotive Engineering program at your University perfectly suits my career ambitions. Curriculum made up of interesting subjects like Vehicle Dynamics, Lightweight Material Design, Hybrid Propulsion and Automotive Powertrain will strongly enhance my knowledge and skill. I shall hope to contribute fruitfully to the International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) and for the Deep Orange project currently going on at the University.
I look forward to being a better engineer than I am today by joining the student community at Clemson University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Austin McMahan Mrs. Coles English IV, Period 4 30 October 2017 Automotive Engineering The first car that was ever ran by an engine was produced in 1885. Without automotive engineers there would be no progression in the automotive industry. Throughout the years automotive engineering has improved and new technology has advanced the ways in which automotive engineers consider the historical background, the educational requirements, the work environment, the duties and responsibilities, the wages and benefits, and the potential for advancement of an automotive engineer.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Ever since I was a child, I have had a great interest for the automotive industry. From car trivia to novel innovations, my innate passion for the automotive industry has always made me research the minutest detail of every vehicle that interested me. Since elementary school I would draw sketches of cars which incorporated technology which were unheard of at that time; novel devices such as electrochromic windshields, HUD displays, and wind turbines which would constantly re-generate electricity for the car.... [tags: education, travel, culture]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Christian Solorzano PID: 5313474 Engineering is the application of science and mathematics to construct innovative designs using natural resources to benefit mankind. Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design and use of machines. Mechanical engineer’s main objective is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. In other words, they create and plan the idea on paper, design the idea so it can sell, and then ensure that the machine functions safely and efficiently.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Statement of purpose “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” I would like to start by going back to the initial days of Engineering where I was not sure about doing Engineering but as the days passed I started realizing the step that I took could not have been better .I was fascinated by the laboratories and field work of Civil Engineering and my interest for the subject started growing .Moreover, I had always had to believe that education which cannot help in the growth of the society is of no value which ensured my step of doing my under graduation in Civil Engineering .... [tags: Civil Engineering, Construction]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- For the past few decades man is advancing into the unknown realms of technology and science. This advancement is to make life easy and to increase human comfort at home and at work. I would like to be an integral part of crew that drives the world to such betterment. For this, research would be of prime importance with hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject. Since a good research career can only be built on the firm foundation of good education, I intend to put to use my innate and acquired knowledge to do my Masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering.... [tags: engineering, technology, education]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Alex Bui English 4 Period 9 Ms. Rad 28 October 2017 Topic Outline Introduction: Thesis Statement: One of the broadest engineering disciplines, mechanical engineering, requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and are well-paid professionals whose occupation is expected to grow at a faster than average rate. I. Mechanical engineering description II. Education III. Mechanical engineering salary IV. Employment Conclusion: Topic Sentence Outline Introduction: Thesis Statement: One of the broadest engineering disciplines, mechanical engineering, requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and are well-paid professionals whose occupation is expected to grow a... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Bhd. As an Assistant Manufacturing, my major responsibility is to assist the Head of Manufacturing Department to make sure all the activities under the Manufacturing Department such as Production Planning, Production and Delivery were running smoothly accordance with work instructions and company policies to ensure a safe and quality product delivered on time. Most of the company products were related to suspension system in a car, thus it was part of my job to make sure all the workers implemented and maintained safety standard as required by law and company policies.... [tags: manufacture, teach, research]
704 words (2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE PROLOGUE “Knowledge, experience and the quality education are the best accomplishment in the race of life” is the statement in which I strongly believe and I forever yearn to have that. What is innovative today is obsolete tomorrow. We need to constantly streamline and upgrade our tools and resources. I believe that only an in depth study and an extensive research in my field of interest will help me to achieve my goal. I live in a world of changing times where technology is constantly engineering better lives.... [tags: academics, goals, experience]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- In order for an engineering concept to be considered innovative it must be a new method or product; but it can also be a modification to an existing method or product. Generally the function of innovation is to overcome a new obstacle or to improve upon a current solution to any design. For the purpose of this paper innovation will not be defined only as an improvement. However, the innovation may cause new problems to arise. Given this situation the engineer may not have taken all the necessary steps to ensure the success of the application of the new design.... [tags: Engineering]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- "Hold fast to your dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes I would like to introduce myself as Rob Geis. Since my childhood I’ve been inclined to having a practical approach to everything in life and have been greatly supported and encouraged by my parents throughout. Having a house nearer to an airport and watching the planes take-off and land daily from the terrace was the first seed sowed in my heart that made me take up engineering so that I could be as nearer to my passion of aeronautics as possible.... [tags: Statement of Purpose Essays]
1253 words (3.6 pages)