It is in this vein that we see communities developing the resources and tools to make available manufacturing applications that until recently were all but unattainable for the hobbyist/educator. It is because and through these tools that we wish to engage this convergence with the help of the Senior Design Project.
It is our hope that the work that others have done will not detract from the project at hand but will allow creativity and advancement without getting bogged down in the areas unrelated to the goals of this project. In the original project proposal we submitted an idea for a low cost and expandable 3D extruding printer. In our request we suggested sources of input such as Makerbot and RepRap. The initial feedback that we received was positive and offered several concerns and interests that we would like to address.
Q: Would the project be too complicated?
This is a reasonable objection that might only be answerable through the process itself. ...
... middle of paper ...
...stic as possible.
At this time the CLT would not likely be able to provide any additional financial support so we understand that the cost may be too high to provide for the needed flexibility in material design and testing. It is our hope that this is not the case.
Considerations for Design:
The biggest design challenge that we can think of is increasing the printable area currently offered by the standard kit. While we can certainly work within it's current limitations it is almost always an added benefit to go larger. The second consideration is for the end user. As stated above our goal is to make such a tool available to anyone. This means making it user friendly and robust enough that we can think about the product and not the process.
Thank you for your consideration. If we can provide any additional information or support please let me know. Thanks.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The practice problem identified in this design-only DNP proposal is, located in the southeast region of the United States (US), the local church for which this DNP project will be developed lacks a FCN who can provide healthcare services to the church senior’s citizen center. Van Dover and Pfeiffer (2011) explains there is an urgent need for a FCN who can play an integral role by linking faith and health. For example, the ANA and HMA (2012) acknowledged that FCNs promote, and optimize health and abilities, aid in the prevention of injury and illness, and help parishioners in suffering (American Nurses Association & Health Ministries Association, 2012).... [tags: Health, Health care, Healthcare, Nursing]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- Windows NT Proposal Migration to Windows NT Proposal Plan As technology advances so should the products and services provided by companies. In every industry, technology is becoming the key success factor to growth and profit. The ability to communicate with people all around the world has created a new marketplace for business. In order to remain competitive, it is important for companies to utilize the most current technology. At ABC Inc., the use of the latest technological tools allows the company to provide first-rate, quality architectural engineering services to its clients.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- In the southeast region of the United States (US), at a local church is the location to address the practice problem identified in this design-only DNP proposal development, because the church lacks a FCN, who can provide healthcare services to the church senior’s citizen center. Van Dover and Pfeiffer (2011) explains there is an urgent need for a FCN, who can play an integral role by linking faith and health. For example, the ANA and HMA (2012) acknowledged that FCNs promote, and optimize health and abilities, aid in the prevention of injury and illness, and help parishioners in suffering (American Nurses Association & Health Ministries Association, 2012).... [tags: Health care, Health, Nursing, Health insurance]
2018 words (5.8 pages)
- PRODUCERS STATEMENT: Reviewing my tenure at the university I have yet to produce a short film in its enterity. Of course I have helped others with outside productions like Oliver Twist 2012. However my role was more of a director and senior member of the team. While I did invest in the production it is wholly owned by another member of the group. Over the years I have contributed towards the organisation of other projects in assocaition with Dr. Wendy Moody for several of the graduation fashion shows and most notebly the NSPCC and Childline Charity Show where we raised over £6'000 in one night.... [tags: university, director, music]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Did you know that many children as well as adults cannot read. Statistics show that if they have the resources they need that reading can be enhanced. For my senior project I plan to do an extensive book drive for educators to assist children as well as adults still in school learn to read by providing proper books for daycares, elementary schools and adult learning centers to use. After receiving authorization from the following facilities, I will set up boxes and bins at places such as Publix, different public schools, and my parent’s work.... [tags: Project Proposal]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Project management a. Brief description of what the project is. Digital marketing is growing tremendously courtesy of technology. The platform reaches a wide range of people. It goes beyond internet to MMS and SMS. Powered by digital media, customer easily access. Technology advancement has revolutionized the world of trade. Of late, people can buy and sell online courtesy of E-commerce. Site such as eBay have dominated the world of Ecommerce. Nevertheless, many people do not use it due to fear of rising fraudulent cases (Alemayehu and Paul, 2001 p.131).... [tags: Project management, Management, Project manager]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Business Scenario: A bike company called York bikes wants to create a customer information system for its company. York Bikes is a company that designs custom bikes and sells custom bikes which is a niche market, both at its business establishment and over the company’s web site. In the custom bike market one which is growing rapidly, Markham Bikes is one of York Bikes’ main competitors. (Purcell) Using the 5P’s of meeting in the SDLC stages of the above business scenario 1) Feasibility - Charter – Requirements: Purpose: Why are we holding this meeting.... [tags: project management]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- PROPOSAL FOR A SENIOR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY BY COLORADO SPRINGS EMPLOYMENT INC. INTRODUCTION Grants Request Document Type: National Aging Grant Funding Opportunity Number: HHS-2010-AOA-SL-1007 Opportunity Category: Title IV Discretionary Projects Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Expected Number of Awards: 7 Estimated Total Program Funding: 7 Award Ceiling: $100,000 Award Floor: $100,000 Grant Application Due Date: April 21, 2010 Grant Proposal Three page description including the following information: Senior employment agency details of funds requested Detail need for service Expected impact of senior employment in the area Stated goals and objectives Ti... [tags: Business Proposal]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- As a species, humanity, henceforth, people, will never go out of business, but as individuals and specified groups, people can and will fail, because people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan. In the modern society, it has become mandatory that all high school seniors are required to complete and present a “Senior Project,” to show the world that they can be taken seriously. Covering these points will include: what the project is, examples of different advocators of the project, and the different viewpoints of why it is useful verses why it is not.... [tags: high school, culminating proyect, seniors]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Participants: The participants involved in our study will undergo a quantitative research design. This design is perfect for our research project. The quantitative approach allows for observational research while gaining valuable statistical information. The statistical information gathered from the quantitative approach will allow for the appropriate correlations to be seen and monitored in our study, it will also allow for the study to have validation, and reliability. The research design will make any evidence gathered very hard to dispute; as a result we feel that the quantitative approach is the only way to conduct this study.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
2405 words (6.9 pages)