The university is expecting to open a new engineering and interdisciplinary sciences complex that will provide students with opportunities to develop collaborative research and development projects that can be brought into real-world application. Students of SDSU have the ability to work alongside mentors that are current leaders in their fields. Currently designated as a high research university, the new complex will help to encourage continued designation and give students access to cutting-edge technology.
The large urban campus of San Diego State University offers undergraduates 91 different areas of study, 78 fields for master’s, and 22 doctoral fields of study. The university also offers nearly 400 educational programs in 67 countries around the world. Each year more than 2,100 students study abroad and over 2,300 international students attend SDSU. Business, management, and marketing remain popular programs; although, studies in the social sciences rank high as well.
The undergraduate international business program is well-regarded nationally, as well as graduate programs in audiology, clinical psychology, public health, rehabilitation counseling, and speech-language pathology. Since 200...
... middle of paper ...
...cs, thanks to the university’s Aztec warrior mascot. The school colors are red and black and are worn with pride across campus. SDSU is part of the NCAA Division I, and the university has earned many championships and titles. Women have 11 choices of team sports, including basketball, lacrosse, softball, and water polo. Men can choose from baseball, basketball, football, golf, soccer, and tennis. For students wishing to play at a less competitive level, there are intramural leagues, sports clubs, and a bowling center on-campus.
Graduates of San Diego University pursue careers in a variety of fields. Some prominent alumni include NASA’s Johnson Space Center director Ellen Ochoa, MLB Hall of Fame member Tome Gwynn, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Hasemyer, Microsoft executive vice president Peggy Johnson, and NBA Defensive Player of the Year 2015 Kawhi Leonar.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- San Diego State University was founded to educate elementary school teachers in 1897, making it the oldest university in the geographic region. The original training center for students was a room located over a retail establishment in the city. By the 1930s, the university had its own 17-acre campus and began to expand to offer additional majors. Today, 20,000 students each year are able to enroll in majors such as science, business and engineering at a larger campus with multiple specialized buildings.... [tags: College, California]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- ... Matthews after famous Marine marksman Calvin B. Matthews in 1942. After WWII, local residents of the city of La Jolla became increasingly concerned over the existence of a military base in their community. In 1959, a bill was passed in Congress to transfer the military base to the University of California. On October 6th, 1964, Camp Calvin B. Matthews was deeded to UCSD, in same year, the first undergraduate college, Revelle, took in the first undergraduate class. Through careful observation at the site and particularly the drinking fountain, I can see how discourse, power, gaze, and taste are applied and functioning through and around the site.... [tags: War, Campus, Statue]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Public education, something everyone must go through growing up or to further expand career options in higher level education. I type this essay as a student in the American public education system. Almost every individual understands what this system is, but not exactly how it works. In my experience, I have encountered some very unfair acts that affect me negatively due to a corrupt system. Many others will tell a similar story. We fight through this system as a means of more opportunity in the future; After all, this is the land of opportunity, however, not everyone is given the same opportunity.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Secondary school]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Lying alongside the Pacific Ocean in the La Jolla community of San Diego, The University of California, San Diego is a public university that was founded in 1960. UC San Diego is well known for both its outstanding and challenging academic programs. Being one of the top-ranked public universities in the nation, analyzing the violent crime rate in the city where UC San Diego is located is important. The data that relates to the violent crime rate in this city can reveal how students who are enrolled in the university may be affected during their academic career while attending the UC San Diego.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Islam is the submission of the well of human being to the creator of all beings. By time, people forget the message and live on earth without understanding their purpose, ignorance start to spread among individuals and vivid the truth. In my visit to the Islamic center of San Diego, Imam Taha Hassane helped me and my non muslim classmates to understand why islamophobia is on the rise after he had explained what is Islam and the story of prophet Muhammad. It is astonishing how the Islamic center of San Diego is not simply a place for praying, but a place for education, children to play, adults to worship God in a very energetically diverse and peaceful place.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Qur'an, Sharia]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Overall, in regards to certification the San Diego Convention Center concentrates mostly on Environmental sustainability and less in the areas of social, economic, and culture. While there were significant impacts on all levels, it does seem that SDCC focuses more on the areas which is actively has to measure for its LEED certification. The most significant gaps found in this analysis were in the transparency of the sustainability efforts. Staff are often well versed in the areas that apply to them directly, but unaware of the project as a team effort.... [tags: Sustainability, Renewable energy, Energy, Sun]
1053 words (3 pages)
- The City of San Diego is facing a deficit and one of the areas that need to be looked at is park services. After the City Council meeting, I was asked to cut the budget by ten percent. As a director of the City of San Diego park services, I have a plan to make some changes. My analysis will includes how it needs to be done, what obstacles could happen, who is affected, what are the disciplines, and how can I make sure that the plan is being implemented. First, let’s look at how the cut would affect services, like recreation programs.... [tags: Management, Tax, Municipality, Public finance]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Problem As undergraduate students, we believe ambition and determination are the two most prevalent qualities needed to establish and accomplish our goals. We also believe that education is the foundation for a better community. Application is the first step in working towards a goal, and the first step we took in becoming students here at San Diego State. Unfortunately, this step is not as obvious – or realizable – for many high school students living in lower income neighborhoods. Money is not the main issue for these students, they simply do not receive the same guidance or resources as their competitors.... [tags: High school, University, Higher education]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- The San Diego politicians are waging a War of Intolerance and you are the victims. They have passed laws that outlaw skate boarding, dancing, and even cruising. And there is no end in sight. There latest law of intolerance is the San Diego Juvenile curfew. The teen curfew forbids people under 18 from being out past 10 pm. In June of 1997, that curfew was ruled unconstitutional by a Federal Court. So what did the City Council do. They simply revised the curfew by adding some narrow exceptions. 20 days later we started to fight back.... [tags: persuassive essay]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- San Diego Mormon Temple and the Chartres Cathedral in France The San Diego Mormon Temple bases its architecture on gothic roots; where the epitome of early gothic architecture is the Chartres Cathedral in France. The Mormon Temple is made of white aggregate stone and stucco, very angular and massive, built as a Gothic revival temple. Designed by William Lewis, Jr., the architect took into consideration Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington, D.C.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
1207 words (3.4 pages)
- Why Psychology Is Getting Into The World Of Technology
- India And New Zealand Have Good And Friendly Relationship
- How Do Parents Influence Social And Emotional Development?
- The United Nations Security Council
- The Impact Of Neighborhood On The Development Of Children 's Concepts
- Qualitative Data Analysis Tools For A Number Of Qualitative Software Analysis