There are a large amount of symptoms that come from rape, some may have a change in personality and friends and other may choose to drop out of school. Rape can have an effect on people that can harm them for life and for some victims in order for them to get over an attack is if they know that their attacker is incarcerated and w...
... middle of paper ...
...he criminal should be in the hands of the victim because they are the ones that have to go through the therapy, trauma and all of the other assets that come along with being sexually assaulted and if the victim cannot get over the rape and does not feel safe if their assaulter is not incarnated then they criminal should not be allowed out of prison. The national average for sentencing of rape is not going to end the problem if the victim cannot get over the assault.
"A National Shame." Crime Victim Services (CVS). N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2013.
Kilpatrick, Dean G. "Mental Health Impact of Rape." Mental Health Impact of Rape. Medical University of South Carolina, n.d. Web.
"Web Info on Sexual Assault and Abuse." UIC Campus Advocacy Network. UIC, n.d. Web.
Berman, Laura, Dr. "Grieving Stages a Rape Victim Goes Through." Love & Sex n.d.: n. pag. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Richard II - The Rape of a Nation By bowing down to the needs of his subjects, a king allows others to dictate his actions and hence compromises the essence of his power. Paradoxically, failing to heed the desires of his subjects transforms a king into a self-indulgent tyrant and propels his kingdom towards ruin and decay. Can a sovereign rule his subjects without considering their general welfare. If a king rules unconscionably, do his subjects have the right to replace him. William Shakespeare's Richard II considers this authoritarian quandary at great length.... [tags: Richard II Richard III Essays]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- A former fifty-four year old high school teacher was released after a thirty-day rape sentence. Stacey Rambold was accused of raping his high school student, fourteen-year old Cherice Moralez in 2007. The term rape does not have a solid definition, but it can vary based on the laws each state has. Rape in my own words can be defined as a sexual act done to another person forcibly or without their consent. Usually in rape cases the male is the rapist and the female is the victim. Rape is considered a reproductive health issue because it affects females or males physically, emotionally, and or mentally.... [tags: Stacey Rambold, rape cases]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- What do you think and feel when you hear the word rape. Do you feel uncomfortable. Maybe even angry. Your certain feelings and emotions towards this word is a result of rape culture. Rape culture, essentially, is how a society as a whole sees and reacts towards rape or instances of rape. In 2013 rape was defined by the FBI as, “Penetration… of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” (Division’s Crime Statistics Management Unit 1).... [tags: controversial rape cases]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Rape causes depression, loss of self-esteem, self-incrimination, and suicide. Therefore the consequences of rape should be life in prison or put in a mental institution. Rape should be banned nationally because you don’t know who could be raped next. Victims fear personal and family safety after a tragic incident like being raped. Narration The trauma of rape can lead to depression and can put victims in a horrible mental state of mind. Symptoms of depression can go unnoticed for long periods of time especially if the victims doesn’t speak out and tell someone.... [tags: Date Rape Essays]
1810 words (5.2 pages)
- Is intoxicated sex not consensual sex. It is clear that most people would quickly respond with various signs of affirmation which all center around the statement: “of course, intoxicated sex is not consensual sex.” This is the reigning viewpoint among many ethicists, who take up a huge percentage of our society, who argue that alcohol use impairs a person’s judgment. Because of this, the decisions one makes while intoxicated are decisions that have not been adequately contemplated. Consequently when a person agrees to engage in sexual intercourse while under the influence of alcohol, one is unable to give full consent to such a big decision.... [tags: Date Rape Essays]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Victim blaming occurs when a victim of a crime is held responsible, partly if not entirely, for the wrongful act committed against them. In the United States, victim blaming is most prevalent in circumstances of rape and other sexual assaults towards women. This stems from being a society that views women as lesser beings, as evidenced by unequal pay, under representation in the media, and an inadequate presence in government. When women are viewed as lesser beings and are not respected, violence against women prevails.... [tags: Victim Blaming, Rape Essays]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Capital Punishment, killing a criminal through a lawful process, is one of the most highly debatable subjects in the world. Execution can be done in any of the following ways, beheading, electric chair, firing squads, guillotines, hanging, lethal injection, poison gas, crucifixion and stoning. The most popular form used in the United States of America is lethal injection. Some may argue that this is the most civil way of killing the criminal, but others would argue that the death penalty is not civil at all whatsoever.... [tags: Capital Punishment]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Date rape is not a rare incident. Surveys indicate that in 84% of rape cases, the victim knows the attacker, and 57% of rapes occur on dates (Warshaw 11). However, what is even more surprising than these high statistics is that most incidents of date rape go unreported. Several theories exist that try to explain this phenomenon. For example, many women may refuse to believe that their “friend” raped them. In fact, they could eventually convince themselves that it never happened. Additionally, there is confusion following the attack in which memory and emotions become mixed up.... [tags: The Tragedy of Date Rape]
2293 words (6.6 pages)
- As a judge dealing with a sentence for an individual that has been convicted of stealing others’ identity for monetary gain, specific information would be needed before a sentence could be imposed. The information needed would be as follows: How many people did he steal identities from. How was he or she planning to obtain money from the stolen identities. How did he or she steal the identities. Specifically, was it stolen from peoples’ garbage. Or was the identity stolen from a place that the person worked.... [tags: Retribution Incapacitation Deterrence]
384 words (1.1 pages)
- Rape "I take a look through the bars at the last sights of a world that has gone very wrong for me. Can it be there's some sort of error. It's hard to stop the surmounting terror. Is it really the end, not some crazy dream. Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming. It's not so easy to stop from screaming, but words escape me when I try to speak. Tears, they flow, but why am I crying. I don't believe that there is never an end to the nightmare." Humans never stop to think what the consequences of our behavior will be.... [tags: Papers]
1084 words (3.1 pages)