Have you ever met or know someone that has type one diabetes or any other type of diabetes? There are many deadly diseases that have affected many people mentally, physically and emotionally. The many diseases for example have ranged from the many forms of cancer to heart disease. An example of a disease that is common among many people is diabetes. Diabetes is known for the inconsistent blood sugar. The blood sugar is not stable and therefore. Diabetes is the fifth leading killer among the many other diseases in the United States (Shaffer). There is no cure for diabetes and there are people that have this disease that range from the elderly to young children. It is true that there are many treatments to control the disease, but it is not enough. The most common type of diabetes is type one. Type one diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults. (American Diabetes Association). There should be more laws, and more campaigns that should be expanded to not just one country, but also the entire world. Even though there are many organizations that have raised the awareness of type I diabetes, as a society, we have to take a deeper look on type diabetes so that there can be a cure and no one would have to suffer with this common type of diabetes even though it is rare.
We must first learn what type one diabetes is. The first type of diabetes a person could be diagnosed is Type One diabetes or referred to as juvenile diabetes or early-onset diabetes. Only about five percent of people who have diabetes are diagnosed with this kind. The body does not produce insulin, a hormone that is needed to convert sugar,
starches and other food for having an active body. This type of diabete...
... middle of paper ...
... similar to the one listed. If we did not put laws into place regarding type one and even though that there are laws that already raised awareness, we still have to raise awareness more with laws so that it with anyone with type one diabetes, they should be treated equally.
With knowing the awareness of Type One diabetes, there are so many ways to put an end to this horrible disease. Regarding the many treatments along with the campaigns and the laws to put the protection of those with all types of diabetes, we have to recognize that Type One Diabetes is common among people, even though it is 5% of those who have got it around the world. Type One Diabetes is a serious issue that needs to have more awareness than any other types of diabetes because it affects adults and children around the world. If we don’t take a stand on Type One Diabetes, then no one will
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness worldwide, but it is surrounded by many mysteries yet to be solved by researchers. Additionally, the general public is not well informed about the risks of glaucoma. “It is estimated that over 2.2 million Americans have glaucoma but only half of those know they have it” (“Glaucoma Facts”, 2013, para. 8). Glaucoma is a disease in which continual pressure to the optic nerve damages it, leading to vision loss (“What is Glaucoma?”, n.d.). Glaucoma is complicated and not very well known.... [tags: optic nerve damages, lost vision]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- I chose to write about breast cancer because this is breast cancer awareness month and I have lost several family members to this disease. Breast cancer is cancer that forms in the cells of the breast. The breast consists of glands that make breast milk and ducts or small tubes that carry the milk from the glands to the nipple. The milk glands or fatty tissue are the area’s most likely to develop cancerous cells. There are some rarer cases of breast cancer and it is called stromal tissue. Breast cancer may also be found in the lymph nodes and in the underarm.... [tags: Cancer, Breast cancer, Breast, Oncology]
1457 words (4.2 pages)
- ... The number of people with melanoma has shot up in the UK since tans and going abroad for holidays became more popular. Research shows that the type of ultraviolet light used in sunbeds can cause several types of skin cancer. In 2007, an analysis of 23 studies reported that people have an increased risk if they use sunbeds. Some people are more at risk from melanoma than others: the more moles on the body, the higher the risk of melanoma. Very fair skinned people, especially those with blonde or red hair, are more at risk as are people with many freckles.... [tags: skin cancer]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Gun Violence Awareness In the past few years, in the United States, there have been many tragic cases of gun shootings in public places raising safety concerns to the country’s residents. One of the most known cases in the United States, is the massacre at Virginia Tech made by a student called Seung-Hui Cho who killed 32 people. In the article “Gun Violence” by Kenneth Jost, the author highlights the opinion of some of the authorities on the issue of gun violence and some people are actually in favor of allowing normal civilians to carry guns either to protect themselves from potential criminals or for recreational purposes like hunting.... [tags: Firearm, Gun, Firearms, United States]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Many mothers, regardless of age or situation, share sympathetic life ideals. They all share the common goal of raising their children wholesome; they want to create an environment of love, nurture, and support for their children as well. A mother’s effort to implant good values in her children is perpetual; they remain optimistic and hope that their children would eventually become prosperous. However, some women were not fit to be mothers. Thus, two different roles of a mother are portrayed in As I Lay Dying written by William Faulkner.... [tags: raising children, sexuality, maternity]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- Location-based marketing is a new type of advertising that combines with GPS services on mobile devices in order to provide local advertising to potential consumers. This basically means that if a person is passing a shop an advertiser can know about it and actually send relevant ads, coupons etc. to that person. Although this might be something off of the Minority Report, however, it’s an extremely useful marketing strategy. If you’re scrolling through your phone walking around town and suddenly get an ad for $1 off a Starbucks coffee, and you just happen to be next to a Starbucks, most people would go in and get a coffee.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Mobile device]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- After conducting an interview I came up with a few methods that can be used to aid helpless people like Abe with their compulsive gambling disorder. These scenarios are made to enlighten peoples perception of gambling and teach people that too much of anything isn’t good for you. They will show how others have attempted to reach an unattainable victory. Let’s take the poker machine for instance, it has an innocent appearance, but in reality it is as cunning and mischievous as the devil. The bright glowing lights and the compelling ring tone of victory makes helpless bystanders believe that it’s just a fun game.... [tags: Gambling Poker Casino]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- 3 Ways to Boost Your Twitter Engagement to Kick-start Your Sales Many people don 't know the exact meaning of the social media engagement. Let me ask you, how do you actually define social media “engagement”. Is engagement all about getting social mentions or Re-tweets. Increasing your likes, followers and favorites. People commenting on your contents or responding to questions. Having a consumer taken out a coupon or making a purchase. Having any customer calling your office or store after going through your social media post.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Social network service]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Raising awareness about human trafficking to try and prevent more people from being abducted has become increasingly popular. Organizations, such as Stop the Traffik, are solely focused on raising awareness about human trafficking as well as teaching communities about how it can be prevented (Aronowitz, 2013). These organizations create campaigns to inform the individuals about how to identify a trafficker. Also, the campaigns against human trafficking discuss how traffickers lie to victims to get them to come with them, mainly by seducing them.... [tags: stop the traffick, organizations]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Unmentioned on the 'Recognise Campaign' Wiki page, is that the campaign's 'Journey to Recognition' (Recognise 2014, 'The Journey') is influenced by Blane Després educational 'Walkabout Program' (2008). The 'Walkabout Program' draws upon Aboriginal custom in order to create an engaging learning environment tailored to the needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (Després 2008). Also worth noting, is that the campaign aims at integrating the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages into the Australian dialect (Recognise Campaign 2014, para.... [tags: aboriginal education, learning]
1109 words (3.2 pages)