... middle of paper ...
...name being shouted so I make my way to the living room. “Pass me the remote” My mum says quietly. Scanning the room I see the remote on the computer table. All she has to do is stretch to get it. I drag my feet while I pass it to her and roll my eyes when I think she’s not looking. “Fix your face” she says while snatching the remote of my hand. This Christmas holiday is coming to an end and I dread doing my hair but my mum says she’s seen a hairstyle on TV that I might like, already I’m wary because the last time she tried something new everyone at school said my head looked like a pie. About to dismiss her idea she says that it will take less time than single plaits, so I agree, she plaits a Nigerian style called chuku then she attaches a hairpiece onto the end, after three hours I rise up then dash to the nearest mirror then shaking my hair side to side. I love it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The last cake I made for my son took 22 hours to decorate and cost 20 dollars to make (would have cost close to 100 at a store). From forming Mario and Yoshi out of rice crispy treats; to painting the figures with frosting, which was no easy task. Frosting tends to dry quickly so water must be added frequently to avoid this. When there is a date a cake is due by; keep the amount of time needed in mind, before tackling large decorating tasks. Another thing to keep in mind when deciding to make or buy a cake is the price.... [tags: time, price, taste, texture, decorating]
696 words (2 pages)
- ... Eventually her condition would worsen, placing her in the hospital where she stayed until they placed her on hospice; my uncle would then stay at her farm house and give her end-of-life care. It became harder and harder to visit her, especially when the cancer had metastasized to her brain, causing her to forget things, even us at times. Although all of these terrible things were happening, I couldn’t help feeling relieved I was able to spend more time with my family and away from the nightmare I called my life.... [tags: Family, Nursing, Grandparent, The Ashes]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- ... . (Abraham, S. C., 2012, p. 2.1) “Vision statement is a concise expression of where the organization would like to see itself in the next 5 or 10 years. What makes an effective vision statement rather than one that just sounds good. In order to know whether the vision has been achieved, it makes sense to use some quantitative measure in the statement. For example, it could include "become a billion-dollar company by 2017," or "be doing business in 25 countries by 2017." It is imperative that the strategy and vision must be completely aligned, which is why an organization should review and, if necessary, revise the vision statement after deciding on the strategy and strategic direction i... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)