I would like your kind consideration and admittance into SNHU’s Online Masters of Arts in English and Creative Writing Program starting in August 2016. After careful review of the course descriptions within the curriculum and realizing the opportunity to study both fiction and non-fiction creative writing simultaneously, within a program tailored to strike a balance between learning through critical analysis of accomplished authors literature and a practical understanding of how their craft applies to my writing, an understanding of the relationship between author and editor and the editors specific role when revising different genres to meet unique publishing standards, and through the opportunity to collaborate online on a consistent basis with fellow students and accomplished instructors as part of a writing community that exchanges relevant academic and real-world detailed knowledge of craft as it pertains to contemporary literary cultures and publishing as a professional writer, I feel this program is the right fit.
My educational goals are to master the foundational writing, editing, and creative skills necessary to the craft of working as a professional, published, innovative fiction and/or non-fiction creative and scholarly writer, while immersing myself in collaborative student and professional writing groups, contemporary literary cultures, traditional and non-traditional publishing streams, organizations, contests, and any other avenues that support my continual growth and passions, in hopes of creating innovative, ground-breaking, socially important creative works that inspire others through a unique, fresh voice, and perspectives that are in some way profound and valuable to some aspect of our world. I ...
... middle of paper ...
...2014 semesters, both expressed that they believed if I wanted to focus solely on what Lesley would consider the single discipline of Creative Writing for Fiction and Non-Fiction, that I would probably be better served both academically and professionally by a more traditional graduate creative writing program that I could transfer into, and that I could take a leave of absence to reflect upon my goals before I continuing down the interdisciplinary track at Lesley. At the time SNHU didn’t offer an online Masters in Creative Writing that I was aware of, but to my surprise when I was looking for an online undergrad course in editing and publishing I came across the program. I truly hope to be an asset and accepted into the program. Thank You for your time and kind consideration.
Joseph Giannunzio, Jr.
12367 243rd Terrace N.E.
Redmond, WA 98053
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Through the Virtual Child online program my partner and I became parents of a boy named Desmond Segura. This paper will focus on his development from 8 – 18 years of age. I have used development theories such as, Erikson’s theory of psychological. When Desmond was 8 years old a psychologist performed a psychological test. The test reported his scores were average. According to Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development the age 6-11 is the Industry vs. Inferiority stage. This stage typically occurs during middle childhood.... [tags: Developmental psychology]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- The report examines three universities to determine the one that offers the best online MBA program, which suits MegaCorp employees. The three learning institutions examined include the Walden, Washington State, and North Carolina State universities. Of the three, Walden is the cheapest, as it offers the online MBA program at the lowest cost per credit hours followed by Washington State and North Carolina State. However, the Washington State University offers the best online MBA program in terms of its quality and is the most suitable compared to the other two institutions.... [tags: Best Online MBA Program ]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- A Masters of Occupational Therapy degree program is offered at the University of Texas Medical Branch (“How to apply,” n.d.). In order to apply for the Masters of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program, a range of prerequisites must be completed, including taking particular college courses, obtaining a bachelor’s degree, and having at least 20 hours of observation in an occupational therapy setting. The application process includes submitting three letters of professional recommendation, college transcripts, and a completed OTCAS application.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Master's degree]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- As the second semester of the first year writing program comes to an end, I have noticed the improvements that I have made throughout the year. There are many differences between what I had learned in high school and what I have been taught in English 5A and 5B. The learning and teaching process that we had acquired was completely different to what I had previously learned in high school. Not only that, but also the fact that our thinking and writing process was different in the aspect of having to integrate our own ideas and viewpoints, something that was not required of us to do.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Writing process]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- Following Socrates’s famous quote, “Know thyself”, is no easy task as humans have continued to struggle with identity. Perhaps it was the precursor to psychology and human development. The age-old question of who I am remains elusive for many. But if we address core values and ideals, perhaps a more enlightened understanding of ourselves will emerge. Our strengths and weaknesses will reveal themselves as challenges and obstacles create roadblocks, induce frustrations, and insecurities creep within the crevices of confidence.... [tags: Graduate school, College, School]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- We have come full circle in forms of communication. From “cave man” grunts, body and hand gestures, and pictographic wall paintings, to “cubicle man” lols (laugh-out-loud), ttyls (talk-to-you-later), and smiley face emoticons, we are regressing to an earlier form of interactions. The expressive and communicative richness of writing is slowly becoming the archeological relics of an electronic modern society. I am no stranger to this failing. I started high school with a loose grasp of the tools of writing; I left high school with a, slightly, better grasp of those tools.... [tags: Online Chat, Texting]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- I want to earn my Master of Science in Biology from University of Nebraska, Kearney, with an emphasis in either cellular biology and physiology or genetics and molecular biology. As one of the best and one of the few universities to offer an online master’s program in biology, I expect you receive many more requests for entrance than you have positions to offer. This leaves the question, “Why offer this opportunity to me?” If I could be a professional student, I would be. I am always wondering why, how, what if.... [tags: admissions essays]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Attn: Graduate Admissions Committee I am applying to the masters program with the department of molecular genetics in 2016/17 at University of Toronto with the intention of continuing to PhD study. After earning a BSc. in molecular biomedical sciences from HKUST, I worked as a full time research assistant for two years. From conducting independent scientific inquiries, I not only learned and practiced a wide range of molecular biology techniques, but also honed my skills in literature research and review, experiment design, data analysis and critical thinking.... [tags: Molecular biology, DNA, Gene, Gene expression]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Dear Madam, Sir, I am a Civil Engineering student at Ain Shams University in Cairo, expected to graduate at the end of June . I appreciate this opportunity to introduce myself at your University to apply for The master program in Civil Engineering at Bologna University .This program will mean a lot for my professional aspirations, Capability to handle problems, social balance and the necessity to gain an international experience make me a proper candidate for this position. By Getting a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering I would achieve first part of my dreams.... [tags: university, construction, improvement]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- Online Education Online learning is definitely one of the newest and fastest moving industries; more and more students are opting to getting their degree this way instead of going to a land college, mostly due to the convenience of the schedule, where before a full time employee, could not fit schooling into their schedule, but they are finding out now that they can do this through the online environment, so they are utilizing this alternative way of achieving their higher education. Yet, the online environment is unlike the land college, because there is no face to face contact, so the University of Phoenix tries to make the experience as realistic as it can by: 1) providing a rEsource for... [tags: E-learning Distance learning Online]
713 words (2 pages)