Why relevant to my methodology
It makes me able to produce meaningful and trustworthy health service research using GT because I can aware of and avoid the potential pitfalls, and minimise methodological mistakes in my research work. For example, misuse of the term GT inappropriately applied to a deductive descriptive approach undermines the methodology.
What is taught
The common errors which portray descriptive studies as GT studies include mismatch between sampling strategy (purposive or theoretical) and emerging theory (inductive or deductive), not defining problematic situations, using the wrong theoretical lens (between realist, constructionist or contextualist) to answer research question, lack of concurrent data collection, analysis and constant comparison because of limited researcher’s involvement throughout analysis, and overreliance on the computer program.
This is a comprehensive article suggesting the avoidable methodological errors which may reduce the credibility and value of GT approach. I think the author may be too pessimistic regarding computer programs by mentioning that the program limits the researcher’s intuitive sense and intellectual rigour. I believe that rigour depends on the researcher because the researcher, not the software, does the analysis.
(8) Elliott, N., & Jordan, J. (2010). Practical strategies to avoid the pitfalls in grounded theory research. Nurse Researcher, 17(4), 29-40.
What paper is about
Naomi Elliott and Joanne Jordan, who are lecturers of nursing, explains three main three categories of the...
... middle of paper ...
...oach of code structure which employs both inductive codes and deductive organising framework, my GT research on health services can effectively build themes and theory to achieve my research objectives.
GT has been used in several health services research alone or a component of mixed methods. Selected articles explain GT by its methodological concerns, analysis and sampling approaches, theoretical sensitivity, pitfalls, application of CAQDAS and examples of use in health service research. The value of the articles is recognised where practical approaches are offered and supported to make me easily understand. My research plans to examine the way patient’s experience and health beliefs influence the patient health seeking behaviours which impede their access to public health services. Therefore, GT provides a methodology basic to answer such a question.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A.I. is a machine or computer program that can think like or even better than a human. Robots are machines that can perform a task while running on a program written in computer code. Many people already accept the fact that certain machines can do many daily tasks that make life more pleasurable. So what would happen if we gave these already fast moving machines the ability to have more of a thinking capacity than even humans. Some people think advanced A.I could bring about the end to humanity, but with certain limitations and controls I believe that A.I.... [tags: Human, Thought, Robot, Humans]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- 1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer. 2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software. 3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs. 4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- I wrote my first computer program when I was 14, it was a budgeting tool that I had written in “C” language for my mother to log in her daily expenses. My interest in computers led me to an undergraduate degree in engineering focusing on computer science. I worked 4 years of my career in web-development specializing in intranet portals and applications. The tools that I created were used to make business decisions, this got me interested in the functional aspect of business, and I was drawn to the increased responsibility and direct involvement in the decision making process that a management role offers.... [tags: Management consulting, Management, Computer]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Task 1.2 Explain the hardware, software and peripheral components of a computer system and the functional relation between these components. Hardware Hardware refers to tangible objects like disks, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, printers, boards, power supply and system unit (graphic cards, sound cards, memory, motherboard and chips). The motherboard store many components (microprocessor, RAM, controller…) and connect every other equipment. The microprocessor is the brain of the computer also known as CPU (Central Processing Unit) and will process the calculations and instructions of the computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1034 words (3 pages)
- What is the difference between an information system and a computer application. When looking into the information system, which is a set of interrelated computer components that collects, processes, or stores the information needed to completed (Satzinger, 2015). When looking into computer application, which is a computer software program that executes on a computing device to carry out specific function or related functions (Satzinger, 2015). The major difference between these two items is that information system is mainly a software, with a database and other processes, which computer applications is only a computer software.... [tags: Computer software, Computer program, Computer]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction The third assignment is based on the following topics: Computer-assisted audit tools and techniques, Data structures and CAATT’s for Data extraction, and auditing the revenue cycle. This paper will provide solutions to the problems specified in this third assignment. 1. Presented in the following lines will be the three data control categories, two specific controls and how each of the controls contributes to ensuring that the data is reliable. This problem is divided into three different controls: Input, Processing and Output.... [tags: Computer software, Computer program, Auditing]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract- It’s impractical to grasp complex data or explore large amounts of programming code, if we only use words or texts. The dynamic process is extremely difficult to convey using these static presentation media. Visualization tools are visual explanation of data, information or knowledge. Program visualization is one of the various techniques developed over the years to aid novices with their hitches in learning to program. It consists of different graphical – often animated – and textual objects, picturing the execution of programs, their structure, behavior and evolution.... [tags: Programming language, Computer program]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Topic Analysis Essay – Computer Programming A computer is not a very smart thing on its own. This is because a computer cannot do much besides calculate math figures and such by itself. That is where computer programming comes in. Computer programming allows you to make the computer “smarter.” It does this by telling the computer what to do. Without computer programming computers would be almost completely useless. To tell the computer what to do programming gives it commands. Creating these commands requires creating variables and assigning them values.... [tags: Programming language, Computer program]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- Todays’ society vastly operates off various forms of technology that has a variety of software suites and applications available. Even the everyday stay at home individuals, at one point uses a technological software. Software is useful for various things from everyday tasks to business documents, and many software’s and applications are free. Therefore, personally speaking there are five software suites or applications, which are the most useful and are available for free; some do not even need to be downloaded.... [tags: Computer software, Microsoft, Computer program]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Includes large program code and mathematic equations There are many times that computers can help humans do things that could not be done by hand. Many of these things can be expressed mathematically as a sum but can not be calculated on paper because of the extremely large number of simple calculations. The example that I've been working with is the sum of electric fields and the field lines they can produce. It is easy to acquire the electric field vector due to a set of charged particles at a given point, but to create a smooth line that follows those vectors requires more computing power than just a paper and pencil.... [tags: physics computer program programming]
3173 words (9.1 pages)