Safe Quality Food Program
The Safe Quality Food Program ensures quality food production through a system of audits and certifications that must adhere to rigorous standards. The program ensures that suppliers provide verifiable proof that robust food safety control systems have been effectively implemented. These systems must have been properly validated and show evidence of continuous monitoring procedures. This is the only program, recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) that is headquartered outside of Europe.
In reality, the SQF auditor does not estimate and make final judgement based on recognized issues but instead how the problems are addressed.
The audit was three-day long, from July 11 to July 13. The auditor not only inspected the operation of two plants, labs, and offices but also interview employees about their job and how well they acknowledge and follow the procedures.
However, as mentioned above the most important thing that the auditor took into consideration whether the company may pass or fail is the way the manager handles different situations and how the plant is run; therefore, the auditor spent most of his time going through paper works including every protocols, procedures, policies, programs, analysis, checklists, Reports, Plans, Schematics, specifications, forms, charts…
Potential hazards in food industry
Hazards in food industry is classified into 3 groups: Chemical, Biological and Physical Hazard.
Chemical hazards can come from contamination by environmental contaminants (heavy metals, pesticide) and cross contamination from allergen products, undeclared allergens or inaccurate nutrition information. When the product is returned, presence of mycotoxins (e.g., Af...
... middle of paper ...
...ystems and assures ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
3. Sanitation department
Sanitation department plays an important role in assisting QA department to achieve quality and industry regulatory requirements through assuring overall cleanliness and tidiness. The sanitation department implements and updates many procedures and protocols to meet quality standard and takes care personal hygiene practice, sanitary facilities, pest control, recycling and many other aspects of sanitation.
4. Maintenance department
Maintenance department is in charge of the operation and maintenance of all equipment, machine and utensils (except for sanitary utensils) in every section of production, including mixing room, peeling room, pastry room, ingredient storage, steaming, baking, packaging, shipping/receiving area, spiral cooler and spiral freezer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Besides that, the technical training program is more focus on product technical parts, which means that our technical trainer would be give a training to you on how to maintenance and service product electronic part and others for the customer. I say this because our customer will sign up on-site support which is 24 hours stand by to support maintenance service for them, so, you must know how to change the electronic part inside the product and how to give a good maintenance service to customer once they are facing something problems on the product.... [tags: Focus, Product, Technical Parts]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- SIAGA Campaigns Within Indonesia The US Agency for International Development also known as USAID implemented a campaign in 1998 into Indonesia in order to promote a 5-year safe motherhood program. This campaign involved the participation of not only USAID but the Indonesian government, the National Family Planning Coordinating Board, and several NGO’s. The campaign was labeled as the ‘Maternal and Neonatal Health Program (MNH)’. This program involved multiple campaigns including Warga SIAGA (Alert Citizen), Suami SIAGA (Alert Husband), Bidan SIAGA (Alert Midwife), and Desa SIAGA (Alert Village) to ensure that women live through pregnancy and childbirth to raise their children.... [tags: women, safe pregnancy]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Career and Technical Education Among the sterile field of the cardiac catheter laboratory, a student is observing over a cardiologist’s head while a surgical technician narrates their role in the standard ablation. This is just one of the many pivotal experiences that a student in Liberty High School’s Allied Health CTE program can expect. The student is on a path made available by the Western Maricopa Education Center and, if followed properly, that student can expect to graduate high school as a skilled worker in the medical field.... [tags: High school, Education, Higher education]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Technical communication is most likely going to be the most difficult part of my professional career as a computer scientist. Writing for this field is similar to other fields since programmers are expected to be able to write documents that are easily understandable by the software users, and are readily usable with technical details for professionals. Programmers must write many documents directed at the non-technical audience which consists of text within programs, read me files, help files, manuals on software use, presentations for clients, and many more.... [tags: Technical Writing]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Community and technical colleges perform an indispensable function in increasing access to higher education, but their completion rates continue to be low. Research indicates that individuals presented with several opportunities frequently do not make helpful choices. Additionally, there is data that community and technical colleges must be more effective in assisting students continue and complete a program of study. These institutions must offer a set of closely controlled program opportunities whose requirements and projected outcomes are clearly defined.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education, College]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- The International Baccalaureate program that our school is a member of has adopted and implemented the IB philosophy of promoting intercultural understanding and respect. We encourage our students to become active in our communities, to think critically about themselves and the world around them, and to become compassionate, lifelong learners. Before I had heard of the IB program, I had already adopted this concept. I realize that my pre-teen students are so absorbed with our American pop culture and technology, thus somewhat oblivious to the real world around them.... [tags: International Baccalaureate program, ]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- The purpose of this study was to examine how Career Technical Education (CTE) programs offered in Dual Enrollment (CE) and Early College (CE) settings can help to establish increases in college graduation; reduce student out of pocket expenses for college; and establish collaborations with high school and workforce partnerships. This research study was framed on the theoretical framework of Social Learning Social Learning Theory of Career Decision Making (SLTCDM) and Systems Theory as the theoretical framework to discuss the process that learners take in making both short-term and long-term career choices.... [tags: Qualitative research, Scientific method]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction In the United States, construction has always been one of the most dangerous industries to work in. The number of fatalities that occur in this industry year after year demonstrate this. In 2014, 19.6% of worker fatalities, in private industry, were in construction (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2015) despite the industry comprising only 6.8% of the total work force. This epidemic is not unique to the United States. Essentially every country faces similar problems regarding construction safety.... [tags: Establishing a safe design process]
2910 words (8.3 pages)
- Technical Escort: Revealed From the creation of the Army’s Technical Escort Unit, there has always been one mission that has never changed; the removal, transportation and disposal of chemical weapons. “The U.S. Army Technical Escort Unit was formed in 1944 and is the longest, continuously active, military chemical unit in existence... The unit was formed as a group of specialist to escort chemical weapons”(Cashman, 2000, p. 104). Although this mission type has not faded, the overall mission of these units has expanded to a larger arena.... [tags: Army's Technical Escort Unit]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Honeywell, which is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that addresses some of the world’s toughest challenges with technology partnered with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), and decided to launch the Got 2B safe program, it was the result of two factors. First, many of the programs that exist are geared to find children after they have gone missing, and second there are no programs preventing child abduction. The Got 2b safe program provided teachers with necessary material to educate children about safety; the success of the program has earned Got 2B safe eight corporate responsibility awards and a Silver Anvil Award.... [tags: Childhood, Education, Decision making]
734 words (2.1 pages)