1 - It has been a flat line for the last five years
A good shares investor is able to look at the stock ticker for a company and see that it has been at the same price for the last five years without worrying. A good shares investor will not be tempted to sell shares that have been at the same price for years because it is a waiting game. There are plenty of times when a share price stays the same price for years and then starts going up again. More often than not, if the price has been the same for years and the company is not failing, then the price will start to rise eventually (rather than fall eventually).
2 - A rise in company earnings
It seems a little shallow and hollow, but investors on mass will tend to follow things such as earnings, and they will use them as predictors of future trends. A rise in company earnings is no genuine indicator that the price of the shares will go up or that the company on its own is worth more, but many investors will use a rise in company earnings as a signal that they should invest, and so the share price will rise. Investor behavior seems to create self-fulfilling prophecies.
3 - A lowering of debt
The amount of debt a company is in may not be an indicator of success. For example, most airlines are in a massive amount of debt, and many companies are in debt for years after they have started. However, it is fair to say that if a company is slowly removing its debt, then it is probably going to do okay in the near future to the point where i...
... middle of paper ...
...ld be running a pump and dump scheme, but they cannot all be in on it (usually). Another downside is that by the time you have read about this “Great new investment opportunity” it is often too late already.
10 - Strong or improving bond rating
A poor bond rating and/or one that is deteriorating is often a sign that a company is struggling and on its way out the door. The company’s bond rating is based on the company’s ability to repay bonds. If a bond rating is bad or getting worse, then it speaks to the health of the company itself. Your other key indicators may show that the stock price is destined to go up, but if they are going to fail to repay their bonds, then how healthy is the company in reality?
If you think your shares may start to decline any time soon, then have a look at our article on the ten signals that indicate your share price may soon decline.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In late 2000, the survivor drama film Cast Away starring Tom Hanks was shown globally and received nominations from multiple award giving bodies including two nominations from the Academy Awards the following year. FedEx’s logotype played a big role in the movie, unlike any other product or company placement on a movie, FedEx became a factor of the story; the nature of story of being stranded on an island with only FedEx packages and the island to accompany the protagonist. Although FedEx ‘s logotype was given an extensive exposure in the movie, FedEx did not pay for anything to be in the movie or for the promotion of its service.... [tags: Graphic design, Typography, Logo, Design]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Receiving a 6.8/10 from critic reviews, Bridesmaids successfully won 24 awards and was nominated for a total of 66, including 2 Oscar Awards, as stated by IMDb. It was written by Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo and released to the public on May 13, 2011 (IMDb). Being an all female cast, under the production of Apatow and directed by Paul Feig, Bridesmaids was labeled as a raunchy comedy/romance, whereas, a movie such as The Hangover with a similar story line played by all guys was not considered raunchy, instead, it was common in Hollywood Films.... [tags: Gender role, Gender, Man, Film]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Captain McIntyre, the final member of the male supporting cast, presented the most diverse spectrum of media representations out of the characters examined. He differed in descriptions across various forms of media, often cast as an honorable man that wanted to pay Thornton her fair wage and other times was a devious, greedy figure. Her autobiography and few papers fell into the latter category. The autobiography explained that she was anxious to receive her full pay so she could return to Ireland, but that McIntyre, ‘was just as anxious to retain’ her pay.... [tags: Working class, Middle class, Social class]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- We the Soon to be Retired As the preamble to the Constitution states: “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America”. Who should pay for the older Americans after they decide to retire. How should Americans pay for the elderly.... [tags: U.S. Government ]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- The 2016 election is coming up soon; we need to know what we have to do. As a development of the republican candidate, I will address the most important points of the election in this paper. One thing that everyone should know about this election is the plan of the candidate of what he or she is going to do. The new candidate should present his opinion about the current president and show his failures. In addition, he should focus on the other party and try to show what they cannot do and he can do it.... [tags: United States, President of the United States]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- "Death Will Find You Soon" The poem from Emily Dickinson was a lyric poetry on “Because I could not stop for Death.” The two main themes of Dickinson poem was immortality and death enjoying life because at anytime the death could come for you. Dickinson was already expecting the death in the poem. She was having a bad life and got abandoned from everyone else so she wrote the poem “Because I Could Not Stop for death.” She briefly describes how she has on a veil and stuff like that, and how she is going to meet with the death.... [tags: Death, Life, Afterlife, Emily Dickinson]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- "Things like child care and sick leave and equal pay. Things like lower mortgage premiums and a higher minimum wage. These ideas will make a meaningful difference in the lives of millions of families. That is a fact. And that's what all of us — Republicans and Democrats alike — were sent to Washington to do..." -- President Obama, State of the Union address In the United States Minimum Wage is approaching record lows. Even with recent increases inflation is one of the main reasons that workers are being paid less for labor than they were back in the Seventies.... [tags: Increase Minimum Wage Essays]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- The Cast of Amontillado Edgar Allen Poe, born on January 19, 1809, is one of the greatest American writers of all time. “The story of Edgar Allen Poe’s life remains one of the most disputed and slandered in the pages of American biography, despite conscious attempts to revise the story and rehabilitate the life. Decadence and immorality, in the form of alcoholism, opium addiction, and his relationships with women, and prolific production, as a journalist, editor, poet, reviewer, critic, and fiction writer, have been emphasized as characterizing his brief life” (Lent 3).... [tags: Essays Papers]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Ive had the script for CAST AWAY for quite a while now. I never reviewed it because I was asked not to. The person who handed it to me intoned, "Fox is being very secretive about this movie." I let the script sit and never gave it a second thought. Then two days ago I caught the trailer for the film and was a little shocked to see that they blatantly give away the entire movie. The ending of the movie is so explicitly ruined the thought process must have been: We have Hanks -- we have Zemeckis -- who cares.... [tags: essays research papers]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- Table of Contents Abstract.....................................page Body.........................................pages Bibliography.................................page Appendix.....................................pages Structured List.........................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page Figures.................................page... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2938 words (8.4 pages)