... middle of paper ...
...ven stress reducing benefits, as exercise releases positive stress busting endorphins and can increase self-confidence and lower the symptoms associated with anxiety and depression. One of my strengths is my above average ability to adapt. I believe that social support is my only weakness and according to some researches social support can make a huge difference in people’s lives during stressful times. The intervention plan that I have formed to fix this problem consists of setting up a reward system. One of the systems I believe would work would be to start joining more clubs and group activities, the reason is because that can expand my network. Through networking I can gain more friends that can be there to provide me with the social support I lack. I would set up a reward system by joining clubs and interacting with more people to improve my socializing skills.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ethics in Everyday Life Ethics will be used in my personal and professional life. Ethics has many different theories and principles. These ethical theories and principles can be applied to many different situations in my everyday personal and professional life. Theories that I believe I will use in everyday life would be Utilitarianism, Deontology, Virtue and the golden rule. These ethical theories will be used in many different types of situations, some will be big and others will not. Utilitarianism is the theory that one ought to maximize the happiness and minimize the unhappiness of as many people (or sentient beings) as possible (Nina Rosenstand).... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Virtue ethics, Moral absolutism]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- When I originally signed up for this course, I was uneasy about it. Talking about death has always made me feel anxious, as it does with most people in our society. However, over the course of the semester, I’ve learned that not only is it okay to talk about death and dying, but it also makes me feel less anxious about death. Things that I have learned in this course will help me in many ways in both my professional and personal life. One learning of social importance that I have had this semester involves hospice care.... [tags: Death, Medical terms, Terminal illness]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- To wake up determined to improve the world. Do not settle for good when great can be obtained through hard-work and sacrifice. Once greatness is achieved, lend a helping hand so that others may get there as well. Greet everyone with a smile and love. Go to bed with no regrets and ready to do it all over again. PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL LIFE BALANCE GOALS: I will strive to be a great father and husband. I will work hard to ensure an ethical and hard-working practice. I will attend every child’s baseball game or dance recital.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Employment, A Good Thing]
2243 words (6.4 pages)
- I will start off with the question I asked at the beginning of week one. What are your strengths. At the beginning of this class, I answered this question by stating, I did not know what my strengths were if someone asked me. After taking this course I can now say that my strengths are, I am an achiever, the intellection, the realtor, the learner, and input. All of the words are what describes me in life. As time progressed. I realized that I have been using these skill the entire time. However, I never really knew I was using these skill until I took the Strength 's Finder Assessment.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Meaning of life, Question]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Ethics will have various effects on my personal and professional life. There are many different theories and principles that can be easily applied to my life. Four examples of these theories would be utilitarianism, virtue, deontology, and the golden rule. These theories will have differing sizes of impact in my life. Some may be harder to incorporate into my personal life compared to my professional life, others may only slightly change how I currently act in any given situation. Utilitarianism is a good example of an ethical theory that could be applied to my professional and personal life.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Virtue ethics, Moral absolutism]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- There are a few main ideas and cover several important points that have been learned about the workplace environment through the entire study of Industrial-Organizational Psychology this semester. The second portion of this essay will cover the main idea and several concepts regarding the Industrial/Personnel Psychology material from the course this semester. While, in the last portion of this essay will cover the main idea and several concepts regarding the Industrial-Organizational Psychology material from the course this semester.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, At-will employment, Job]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Throughout the course of my academic and professional life, I have faced challenges and solutions; impediments and discoveries. I have learned a lot about various disciplines and subjects, the best way to excel in a certain teacher’s class, and how to find the right solution to a problem. Perhaps the most important thing I have learned from this time, however, has been understanding my own personal learning habits. My path to better handle stressful situations, gaining confidence in my capabilities, and how to harness these behaviors to maximize my learning potential, has been a long and slow process.... [tags: Programming language, Computer programming]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Conflict Resolution Case Study Conflict is inescapable, having the ability to recognize, understand, and resolve conflicts are important in both personal and professional lives. Myatt (2012) states that conflict in the workplace is unavoidable; if left unresolved, workplace conflict may result in loss of productivity and the creation of barriers that can inhibit creativity, cooperation, and collaboration. It is vital to embrace conflict and address problems through effective conflict-resolution tactics because if not handled appropriately, conflict will escalate.... [tags: Professional Life, Personal Life]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Friendships/Community In part 1 of the professional health paper, I mentioned during that time I did not have any friends that support me nor share the same similarities as I. In addition, I shared that I did not have people in my life that gave their time to listen to my frustrations. In September, I was not succeeding in this area of my life. There were multiple times that I felt alone. Now, I recently met two girls that live on campus that I connect with and one that lives off campus. We sometimes do homework together and we also spent time together outside of Olivet.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, God, Prayer]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- Being from Venezuela, a country that is now going through a dictatorial regime that controls almost all media outlets, made me realize the importance of freedom of speech and free media. For this reason I decided to pursue a major in Broadcast Journalism in The Pennsylvania State University. By my second semester in school, I knew I wanted to complement my Journalism degree with another major, a field that could be, in the future, my topic of specialization for all my stories. Economics grabbed my attention from the first ECON class I attended; I noted this area of study was very broad and influential for most of the stories that were heading the news every day.... [tags: personal narrative]
759 words (2.2 pages)