Cars and other types of automobiles have always interested me. Since I was a little kid I dreamed about cars and wanting to work on them. When I was young I had no idea how a car worked, but it always fascinated me. My grandpa, who was part of the GT1 R racing team Pat Williams Racing, got me more into cars when I was a little older. I was 9 years old when I first saw him race and I after that I was instantly hooked. I thought and still think my grandpa is the coolest guy in the world for racing cars and getting me more into them. I remember going up to Memphis, Tennessee the summer after I saw him race; I asked him so many questions. He would always show me his cars and his tools, and I still remember the first time he drove me around the block in his car. According to my mom and him, I had the biggest smile on my face, and was always saying “One more time, one more time, please?” I loved it so much and I will never forget it. I think that was the spark that started it all for me. That spark grew into flame and now I am obsessed about cars and how th...
... middle of paper ...
...isten to him”.
Now that I’ve told you what I want to do, I now have to go try to be what I want to be. All these years at this school has prepared me for what is ahead. I’m going to miss this place, but I’m sure I will come back sooner or later. To check in and say “hello” to all my old teachers. I’m going to miss the times and memories I had here at Indian Rocks. This place will always have a place in my heart, a place in which I can call home. But I think the thing I’m going to miss the most is all the friends I’ve made here. I couldn’t have done this without them. So I thank you, the teachers and friends, I will always remember you. But now I must go, I have a goal I must reach, to be like my grandpa, he is my role model, the man I look up to, and the man I strive to be like. Good bye Indian Rocks, I will miss you. Peace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Miles Franklin's My Brilliant Career Topic: Give a detailed analysis of a key scene or passage from "My Brilliant Career" by Miles Franklin. The focus and essence of My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin is centred on the relationships and interactions of Sybylla Melvyn (the key character of the novel), towards other characters. The ways in which she reacts to different people and why she reacts in a particular manner, are perhaps more crucial and intriguing to the reader, than any distinct event throughout the novel. Sybylla's logic and thinking about herself, others and life, have been moulded by her very influential relationships with her mother and father. Her view on life and the r... [tags: Franklin My Brilliant Career Essays]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- The American horse racing industry has been admired by generations upon generations. Although it is a very cherished sport, like any other sport, there are many issues involved. The major issue that I find is that many owners make the decision to breed when there are other solutions. The Jockey Club, also known as the head council for the American Horse Racing Industry, should be addressing the major issue of overbreeding in the American horse racing industry. The problem of overbreeding is not a new issue.... [tags: Horse, Horse racing, Thoroughbred, Arabian horse]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- I. Attention Getter: Ryan Newman, one of the most successful racing driver on the NASCAR grid, walked through these very corridors, sat in these very benches and considering COM 114 is an engineering degree requirement, took this very class 13 years ago before graduating as a vehicular structural engineer. II. Relating to the Audience: I believe that cars have fascinated most (if not all) of you at some point of time in your life, be it their loud growly engines, sleek looks or the sheer excitement that comes along a racing weekend.... [tags: racing driver, nascar, formula 1]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- While automobile racing is a sport that is firmly ingrained in American culture now, it wasn't always the mature sport we see today. The motorsport that tests a driver's precision, reflexes, and car is only around 110 years old. There is a decade in racing history that many NASCAR fans never think about, and that is the 'Roaring Twenties'. The 1920s really laid the groundwork for the fierce competition seen in the 1930s with innovation in car technology, skilled racing teams, and new championship events.... [tags: Auto Racing]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- If you think you’ve seen it all in Thoroughbred horse racing it’s a sure bet that you probably haven’t heard it all. Terms making up a racing lexicon are so broad, unique and occasionally confusing as to produce a glossary in many horse racing books as well as websites, including Keeneland.com, which includes “Racing Terms” under a “Beginner’s Guide.” An example of what one could hear from around the paddock at Keeneland demonstrates the need for a glossary: “He ran six panels and placed off a bullet work even after he was taken up in the stretch.... [tags: Horse Racing]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- My Brilliant Career at Fuddruckers Restaurant Being called a 'bitch' on the job was becoming more and more an everyday occurrence. After all I did work with four or five guys I liked (males that are rather 'normal' call other males they like the oddest things) and a most unladylike girl who hated me with a severe passion (females that are rather 'unrefined' call people they hate the oddest things.) But today was slightly different. It marked the beginning to the downfall of my employment as Master Burger Flipper at "Fuddruckers".... [tags: Persoanl Narrative Essays]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- Dale Earnhardt and Stock Car Racing Over 50 years ago a new sport was introduced. This sport was stock car racing. The organization that sponsors stock car racing is known as National Association of Stock Car Racing, NASCAR. The driver that is identifiable with NASCAR is definitely Dale Earnhardt. Over the years there have been many great stock car racers from Cale Yarborough to Richard Petty and Davy Allison, but no other name was better known than Dale Earnhardt. Whether on the track or in the crowds, there is no possible way a person can look without seeing a black number three or some other Earnhardt insignia.... [tags: Stock Car Racing Dale Earnhardt Essays]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Illegal Street Racing Vivid moonlight, dim city, slight overcast on the noxious night. Cool breeze blows over your sweltering body. Heart racing, sweat pouring, adrenaline pumping through the body like gas through the engine of a car. Body trembling, hands shaking, eyes twitching, foot uneasy as beady eyes observe your every move. Thunderous noise coming from the crowd, situation getting heavier the closer you get to the line. Tension raised to the max as time draws nearer….5-0 no where to be found, time to go.... [tags: Descriptive Racing Car Essays]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- Street Racing To race or not to race, what will keep you safe. Racing can be safe but not always if you race illegally. There are a lot of safety items that some racers don’t even use, I mean they keep you safer but they don’t spot the buck for the equipment. They spend so much money on their cars to make them faster, yet most of them don’t spend money towards safety. I know what you’re thinking, THIS IS LUDACRIS but it is the truth and you will learn more by reading below. Safety is a very important thing when you are in an object that weighs over a ton and could do over 100mph or more.... [tags: Research Racing Safety Cars Essays]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Street Racing The intricacies that are involved in turning a regular car into a “Street Racer” are many; and racers pour their souls into these magnificent machines. After seeing “the Fast and the Furious” many people have or wanted to become involved in street racing. They do not realize that this is a sport that takes knowledge, hard work, and nerve. Many of these racers have spent their lives under a car, learning the trade and improving upon it. As I have learned, this is not just a hobby; it is a way of life.... [tags: Racing Sport Sports Cars Essays]
1520 words (4.3 pages)