I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.
Jeremiah is a man who has a free spirit. He threw me a lifeline that neither of us knew was happening. He steps to the sound of his own drumbeat. Jeremiah is an A typical man that blends into the crowds until he speaks. I can still remember the day we met ever so clearly.
January was a tad bit cold it was a dreary day with a gray haze in the sky. Perched on my stool promptly at 5:15. I just completed a phone call to Emerald’s Grandpa that I needed him to pick her up. This was becoming a regular thing in these last few months. I had to work late at the office, some big report needed to be completed. This big report was my love affair with a tumbler of Vodka.
The tabletop was smooth and recently had a new glaze of polish applied. The four leaf clovers scribed into the bar top and table was a nice touch. The bar was kept poorly lit for good reason. The seductive smell of a narcotic was filling the room. It felt somewhat like home as I hid from the reality of the outside world.
The usual crowd could be found here. When a stranger walks-in you can see they are out of their element. To many tall stiff drinks into the early evening a man walked in to the bar. His hair was a mess he looked a little bewildered. He gr...
... middle of paper ...
...rities. I saw the way my childhood was and could not believe I was providing the same sad story and wrong doings to my precious child. I asked Emerald what she was digging for her reply was amongst a whole bunch of gibberish a pearl for mommy.
This particular day I was given two pearls. These pearls were of wisdom. My daughter well taken care of dressed and fed needed a loving mother. Jeremiah showed me where and how to use the shovel and get myself out of this pit of despair. He became a lifeline when I was drowning in a bottle of booze at a high rate of speed.
Pearls can be defined as grits of sand found in a clam that can turn it in to something precious. A pearl can also be somebody or something of much value. Although a pearl can be wisdom or a pearl disguised as a friend that comes in to your life with a life preserver and helps you in a time of need.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- She’s the type of person who’d take walks anywhere. And I mean ANYWHERE, whether it is a park, or even a graveyard. It sort of creeps me out, this new co-worker of mine. But the thought soon shook off me after weI had one brief lunch-break together. I can’t imagine her dressing up in designer clothes and acting like those other posh people back at the office. Her sense of style was not sophisticated but it was respectable and casual. It really did suit her. I guess it’s because she feels comfortable and confident in them, and it shows that too.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
526 words (1.5 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- There are three different types of friends in every friend group: the loyal best friend, the jokester, and the friend who differs from the normality of everyone else. Sitting at the far table in the cafeteria is a small group of friend chatting about the upcoming homework assignment in English. Sara, your loyal best friend, is talking to you about Jason, the boy who has broken your heart more than enough times. Tye, the jokester is telling a story about the previous weekend that has everyone in laughing hard enough for milk to shoot out of their noses.... [tags: Friendship, Laughter, Interpersonal relationship]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- A Best Friend is… “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). What is a “best friend”. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There’s something about a best friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own best friend is like and what an impact he or she has made in their life. In this essay I would like to take a better look at some of the simple things that we might take for granted when we think of our best friends.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- For this final role play I felt very confident in my ability to have a successful conversation. Looking back to my very first experience, I can see where I have grown, and where I still need to improve. I was surprised from the very beginning to see how easy it was to stay in character when I was acting out something I was experiencing in my everyday life. After going through a couple of these I felt I could deal with the actual problem in my life without it going wrong. I do not think that I will be quite as assertive in real life, as I was in my role play, but I still think I gave me a good place to start.... [tags: Need, Want, Friendship, Feeling]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Many people have many best friends, but mine is unique. She wants me to be the best ,and she loves me at the time that I didn’t have anything in hand because she was sure that I have a good heart as she has .She never lied to me .She never asked me to do anything that I can’t do or afford .she will do anything to see me happy . Yes she is my wife .she is my best friend .She is the person that I decided to spend the rest of my life with. My wife is my best friend that anyone could ask for.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, Friendship, Love]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone always told me that your best friend in the beginning of high school will not be your best friend by the time you graduated, I never believed that. We had a friendship so solid that I knew we’d be friends forever. Looking back now, I was proved extremely wrong. One hard time I faced in my life was removing a toxic person I called my “best friend” from my life. We became friends in the 3rd grade, when life was easy and we did not have serious life issues. She moved away and we gradually stopped talking.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- “A best friend is a person who you value above other friends in your life, someone you have fun with, someone you trust and someone in whom you confide.” -Your Dictionary Ever since I was a kid, I have had one best friend. Being kids we would the normal things any pair of “best friends forever” would do. From crazy stunts, to small arguments (which would lead to big arguments), to always telling each other everything, and always having fun. At the time I couldn 't help but think we were going to be “best friend FOREVER”.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The Pros and Cons of Gene Therapy
- The Importance of the Domestic Partnerships Bill
- The Role of Chieftainship in a Democratic South Africa
- Teaching Fluency- Implications for Repeated Readings as a Viable Strategy in Teaching Fluency in the Second Grade Classroom
- The Theme of Incest in The Duchess of Malfi
- The Falling Apart of Okonkwo's Personal Life and the Culture of the Igbo People Illustrated in Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart