For the most part, everyone likes to hang onto his or her happier thoughts. People grasp onto the moments in which a smile adores their face or a laugh escapes without permission. Innocent memories filled with wonderful ignorance. As people grow older, the memories no longer hold onto such innocence. They experience a journey in which they grow and learn, see and feel as does Hector in his search for happiness. In the film “Hector and the search for happiness,” the main character, Hector embarks on a journey. In his journey, Hector learns that happiness is feeling completely alive, listening is loving and happiness is being loved for who you are.
Throughout his journey, Hector learns that happiness is feeling completely alive. In the beginning of the film Hector portraits unhappiness in his everyday life. While at work he sits and nods not at all intrigued by his career. He does not enjoy his job despite it being a good, well payed job. Later on in the film, his wife invites him to dance a request he turns down more than once. Instead, he sits alone by the bar set aside from the che...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Searching happiness in love, fear, and money “Hector and the Search for Happiness” film by Peter Chelsom demonstrates what happiness looks like and how come it is important to our life in depth and in an entertaining way. The movie demonstrates many things across the movie, but the three main things that being emphasized the most were love, fear, and money. These points are connected very strongly and affect almost all of our happiness because we cannot miss any points of it in the modern life, and it is motivating make us happy.... [tags: Want, Happiness, WANT, Love]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Have you ever watch a movie and not matter how many times you watch it you never get tire of watching it. There are many great and wonderful movies the always has a good message and give us a great lesson. One of my favorite movie of all-time is the call “The Pursuit of Happyness” It is an American film directed by Gabriele Muccino, the first starring Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith. I have too many reasons for why I like this particular movie, and every time I watch it I learn something different, is like you’re learning a different thing every time you watch that movie.... [tags: The Pursuit of Happyness, Will Smith]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- The Search for Happiness in American Life Happiness can be easily defined as the state of well-being and contentment gained by personal life experiences through either direct or indirect connections with the world around us. The people we meet and the trails we go through in life add together to create a hopefully happy life. To be happy in life is indeed the only way to enjoy it. Therefore it’s no wonder that we all strive to achieve this idea of happiness. This interest in the search for true happiness has become a major factor in our modern age.... [tags: Happiness, Emotion, Personal life]
1414 words (4 pages)
- ... This theory posits that happiness is a real thing that is directly measurable and can be operationalized through a number of measures. Positive emotions and engagement provide unique scales for the evaluation of happiness. This is because the previously mentioned aspects meet the criteria of contributing to an individual’s wellbeing and happiness. The well-being theory contends that those aspects are important in evaluating happiness since they contribute to an individual’s well-being, individuals for their own sake pursue them, and they are evaluated differently.... [tags: positive-psychology, the quest]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Since the movie came out in 2006, “ The Pursuit of Happyness” has been one of my favorite movies. A non-fiction movie based on a true story, of a man called Chris Gardner and his son Christopher Gardner Jr. Both these roles are played by the famous actors Will Smith, and his real life son Jaden Smith. In this very inspirational movie, directed by Gabriele Muccino, Will smith plays out Chris Gardner when he was struggling to start as a stockbroker while being a father in need of money. This movie takes place at San Francisco in 1981, and has always meant a great deal to me.... [tags: The Pursuit of Happyness, Will Smith]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- To what extent would a parent go to keep their child protected, safe, and happy. The movie “The Pursuit of Happiness,” a biographical drama based on a true story, portrays the hardships that an African American man (played by Will Smith) and his son face together. This movie reveals the striking reality of poverty and emphasizes that most Americans are not living the ‘American Dream.’ Hollywood generally portrays an unrealistic image of the average American and leads people to believe that everyone is meeting financial requirements on time, purchasing nice vehicles, enjoying life in fancy homes, and not dealing with constant money shortages.... [tags: The Pursuit of Happyness, Will Smith, Bad Boys II]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, what about happiness. Some would say that happiness is simply apart of life, while others feel it is something that one should chase. Nevertheless, in 1981 Chris Gardner a salesman from San Francisco, California in the award winning movie The Pursuit of Happiness had big dreams for his family but things did not turn out the way he intended. However, Christopher Gardner continued to strive and take a chance to chase his happiness even if it took loosing his wife and his home.... [tags: Film Analysis, Movie Analysis]
716 words (2 pages)
- Hector’s Dilemma Hector seems to be the true protagonist in The Iliad, for he is portrayed as a level-headed ruler with a strong love for his family. When Hector’s brother, Paris, started the Trojan War by abducting Helen, Hector was kind to him. A forgiving man, Hector was also a competent leader, and the extensive military strides made by the Trojans early in the poem prove this fact. However, for all his exemplary qualities, Hector possessed an errant streak of pride. His pridefulness bubbled to the surface when he was faced with a dilemma regarding the defense of Troy.... [tags: Iliad, Trojan War, Achilles, Hector]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Comparison of Hector vs. Achilles Since the beginning of time there have always been great heroes in many different societies throughout the world. Heroes have many great qualities and characteristics about them that make the hero unique. Heroes stand out in society though there actions, abilities, and intellectual superiority. In literature, many characters possess these great skills. Many characters in stories want glory, fame, and ultimately to be remembered. These characters are attention grabbers to a reader.... [tags: Achilles, Trojan War, Iliad, Hector]
1404 words (4 pages)
- The Search I used to work for the F.B.I., in the Portland office. It was my childhood dream to be the one who gets the bad guy. My fiftieth birthday was in just three months. I had a wife and three children, still do, and the same job I'd had since my graduation from Quantico. We were living just outside Portland. My oldest son, John jr., was in his third year at Washington. The twins were high school seniors at this time and my pride and joy, daddy's little girls. Carolyn and I had celebrated our twenty- fifth anniversary, that's the silver one I think, the previous Thursday night.... [tags: Creative Writing Search and Rescue Essays]
4126 words (11.8 pages)