When you date online the amount of people available for you to meet is endless. There are benefits to this form of dating, but there are also many negative aspects to be aware of before venturing out to the world of online dating.
Due to the site you are considering being free to join, anyone will have access to joining. Meaning that there are many individuals out there with false intentions for joining the site. It is difficult to be sure who some one really is without gathering more information. Being online means the individual can be less than truthful about a number of things, such a real name, age or if they are married or not.
If this is your first encounter with online dating it is crucial to be aware of the dangerous possibilities that can occur. The world is full of people out to scam anyone they meet and the internet ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dating, the starting point where two individuals look forward to a romance. Romance is the second stage where love begins, which will eventually lead to a marriage. The question is, where can it start. People are often looking for someone to date, but where they begin has many options. Online dating is one of many choices that allow us as people to experience one thing that many desire, a shot at love. As a Aziz Ansari, author of the book Modern Romance, points out, you can meet someone through a friend, or a family member, or even through work or church(pg 81).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- How to Stay Safe With Online Dating In recent years, online dating has become very popular with 1-in-5 Americans aged 25-34 years old using one or more of the many popular dating sites and apps, such as match.com, OkCupid, and PlentyOfFish. With the stigma of online dating gone, it’s turned out to be a great way to date, have fun, and potentially fall in love. However, online dating’s major drawcard is also it’s biggest flaw: you have no idea who the person you’re talking to really is. Romance scams are among the most common form of internet fraud, accounting for over $86 million dollars lost by Americans in 2014.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
3343 words (9.6 pages)
- Does online shopping cause you to spend more money. In the past people in the United States didn’t have internet. Today however, online shopping is expanding in the world such as Amazon, eBay, Forever21, and Walmart. There is a lot of history of online shopping. There are many reasons why this change has occurred, but this essay will also outline what causes people to spend more money shopping online. Over the last ten years the history of online shopping has exploded. Julie Knapp “In 1990, was the first worldwide server and browser was created”.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Credit history]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- The human need for affiliation creates the challenges and rewards of finding acquaintances, forming close friendships, as well as intimate relationships. Through technological advances cyberspace, or the internet, has become a place of multiple opportunities for people to be able to fulfill that need for affiliation. Websites, chat rooms, and online communities are just some examples of virtual platforms for people to seek others, come together, and find that special someone. These opportunities can result in positive outcomes allowing people to achieve what or whom they were seeking, but they can also result in harm to themselves and others, resulting with damaging consequences.... [tags: negative, positive, relationships, cyberspace]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- Online Dating Some people today feel they cannot meet someone in their everyday lives so they turn to the internet to find a prospective partner, people us the internet as a way of meeting new people Online dating has become the new way of finding your soul mate The internet has made dating more convenient you no longer to have to go out to a bar and spend money trying to impress or you really don’t have, for people who are shy this is the perfect way to screen a potential in the privacy. I thought I would never talk to someone online nor consider being in a relationship statistics predict more than 100,000 marriages take place through the internet, caution is needed all websites are not saf... [tags: profiles, internet, e-mails]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- I am applying to the Master of Arts program in Counselling Psychology for either spring or fall semester of 2016. I have earned my undergraduate degree in Family and Community Social Services and my diploma in Child and Youth work. For the past two years I have been employed as an Educational Child Assistant in a preschool for children with special needs. Since childhood I have had a passion to work with others. My ability to work alongside my peers, comfort a friend, and understand the hurting brought forth an empathetic and extroverted personality.... [tags: Psychology, Psychotherapy, Clinical psychology]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Online Communities A community, according to The Living Webster Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language, is “a number of persons having common ties or interests and living in the same locality.” Apart from the local sense of community, a person can form a community with his or her co-workers, classmates or even a group of people with common interests. This unity is formed due to the subjects that link all of them together – those who work together, study together and have the same common interests.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Online Pedophiles As the Internet keeps making new advancements, pedophiles around the world are becoming more successful. Access to the Internet is readily available anywhere, anytime, and almost anyplace. A growing number of people within the United States are attaining access to the Internet. Internet use within the United States is predicted to grow tremendously. This brings about a large problem for America’s youth. Children are very vulnerable and chat rooms seem to be the popular place for kids and pedophiles to hang out.... [tags: Internet Crime Computers Essays]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
What Special Measures Should Bank, Government And Customers Take For Prevent The Growing Problem Of Credit Card Fraud
- What special measures should bank, government and customers take to prevent the growing problem of credit card fraud. Recently, many people have focused on credit card security. The credit card as a payment and financial instrument, it does separate purchases and payments (Berthoud and Kempson 1992). Many banks provide many kinds of credit cards, for example, LLOYDS bank actually have 10 types credit cards for different customers. However, when people are enjoying the convenience for using a credit card, they almost forget these potential problems on credit card security.... [tags: Credit card, Bank, Fraud, Credit card fraud]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Abstract Nowadays, people spend much time in online communities to network with virtual friends and play role plays. They provide an advantage for people with special needs who cannot leave the house, because they benefit from the accessibility of the internet. Moreover, they help people who often move to stay in touch with their friends. Nevertheless, spending too much time in online communities leads to drawbacks in the development of the user’s personality. More energy is dedicated to the virtual life than to real life and people lose track of their personalities while busy building online ones.... [tags: Social Networking Facebook Myspace]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- Behavior Project to Help Me Focus
- Revenge in "Wuthering Heights" and "Hamlet"
- The Importance of an Organization's Performance Management System
- Capital Punishment: A Necessary Part of Justice in the United States
- Effective Use of Imagery and Symbolism in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men
- Characteristics of Poetry During the Romantic Period