Leadership is the process in which one person support others to attain a desirable common goal, in other words a leader is the one who directs others. According to Northouse “Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal.”Northouse(2004).
In this task I am appointed as a business manager of Venture health care centre which faces lots of complaints for its poor performance regarding medical services from past 2 years. In this essay I choose to discuss about one issue related to the high level of staff dissatisfaction, absenteeism and turnover.
There are various reasons for high level of staff dissatisfaction, absenteeism and turnover one of the major reason for these problems is the salary ,sometimes the workers are underpaid but having a excessive workload as compare to their salary packages, they are not much satisfied with this so they move to another company as they pay more to them. Another contributed factor to it is Lack of interest as in this Monotonous work schedules causes the boredom, so employees does not show any interest in the work and it will ultimately lead to the poor performances and to get rid from the boredom they always want to move .Another key factor is extra Work load .sometimes employees have to do a lot of work more than their capacities it makes stressful condition for them and they lose concentration from their work and not able to do work properly, so due to that stress they quit their jobs. Group cohesion is the main factor in which the group has so many conflicts related to race, sex, gender and religion that might make difficult for worker to staying together in a group.
Sometimes the c...
... middle of paper ...
...garding work and also they can share their other personal problems which they cannot share in group meetings. Questionnaire one of the effective method to evaluate the strategy is questionnaire method. In this I will choose different types of questions related to services which are provided by the hospital .Moreover I can compare this with past and current records which will help me to know the improvement in services.
So in the nutshell I would like to state that a good leader should have diversity in nature of work, he or she should be trustworthy, helpful, cooperative, and confident and should have positive attitude towards employees and other team members. We always have to try to provide better services to our customers. In this essay I have learned how to analyze the problem according to situation and how to solve them by making possible strategies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership is an important aspect for an individual to develop and master. Throughout history, leadership has evolved and has been defined in many ways. For instance, Ginsberg (2008) defines leadership as “motivating a group of people to achieve a common goal” (p. 315). Similarly, Northouse (2016) looks at leadership as more of a process that influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal. Depending on the individual, the definition of leadership can vary. For this paper, leadership will be viewed as a process for leaders to use to influence their followers to achieve a goal.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Social work, Skill]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- Essay on Leadership: Meaning, Nature and Importance of Leadership. “Leadership is the quality of behavior of individuals whereby they guide people or their activities in organising efforts” — Chester I. Barnard “Leadership is the ability of a superior to induce subordinates to work with confidence and I zeal” — Koontz and ‘Donnell “Leadership is the process by which an executive imaginatively directs, guides and influences the work of others in attaining specified goals.” — Theo Haimann Leadership may be defined as a position of power held by an individual in a group, which provides him with an opportunity to exercise interpersonal influence on the group members for miobilising and directing... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Social influence]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- The aim of this essay is to discuss nature of managerial work. In this paper I will compare commonly accepted views about managerial work from a literature and discuss different views on this topic. A manager can be defined as someone whose role in an organisation involves planning, organising, coordinating, commanding and controlling. Management is the act of carrying out the five roles stated above and has been there since the world was formed. From the biblical point of view when God formed the earth he put man in charge of the earth and everything in it.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Control, ManaGeR]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- The learnings of culture with in organisations were influential in my coaching performance. At the time I started to study culture and diversity of leadership I had culture difficulties at my current place of work as a high level coach. We had recently hired a new male coach who would work alongside me to coach our senior athletes. Before he started we had set clear priorities for our competitive teams which included our club culture to support others with in the club, to respect the sport of gymnastics and to install a hard working regime so that we deserved good result in the following season.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Ethical leadership]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Leading and Leadership development - nature of Leadership John A Student Missouri Southern State University Abstract The essay is about the process of leadership development. The essay has cleared the stance that leadership is not an in-born trait rather it is a process of developing the individuals as leaders in the organization. In this essay the article is discussed that how individuals and managers in the organization can develop themselves as the leaders of the organization. The leaders should become specialist from generalists, rather than working on tactics they should focus on developing organizational strategies.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Strategic management]
1624 words (4.6 pages)
- In this essay, it is analyzed the leadership that a leader has. The leader that is analyzed is an Children’s Social Worker from Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), and currently hold the position of a Dependency Investigator. She is a Latina and also a Mobile worker. The analysis will be derived from the interactions that I have had with her, as well as the comments I have heard from previous interns and current employees, who are her co-workers. The interactions I have had with her are mostly during supervision, which is once a week, and email contact.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, Authority, Social work]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Leadership is a tool composed by character and personally born with each human and develop during the stage of life. The History have showed us along the years under the development of the society extraordinary leaders, some of them decided to used it for the wrong purposes or their own benefits, and some others just with the idea to help others in need. As our book mentioned in page 367, Talleyrand wrote; “I am afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions lees by a sheep” In addition, a great leader inside companies understand their employees under a decent and fair work environment, also, they have always present the importance of build a stronger long-term rela... [tags: leadership, characterm, environment]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- The modern workplace presents many challenges to effective communication and as companies work towards greater diversity difficulties and misunderstandings are bound to arise. Most of the time when we think of diversity we envision ethnicity, cultural and gender based differences. However, now that there are four generations in the workplace generational differences in leadership communication styles and preferences are becoming more obvious and consequently more of an issue (Birkman, 2009). While the generation to which we belong does not define us or our communication style it can influence the way we communicate, what communication technologies and medias we are comfortable using and how... [tags: leadeship, commmunication, diversity, Baby Boom]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Leadership is the ability to persuade and guide others for building and attaining the common goal (Gregoire & Arendt, 2014). Proper direction and control over the activities are basic necessity to achieve the target. Walshe, Kieran & Smith (2011) suggested that there are many intricate strands has involved in health which makes the leadership endeavour complex. Healthcare organizations are struggling with financial problems, consumer demands, safety & quality of healthcare etc. Al- Sawai (2013) suggested that while designing a management structure.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- The Nature of Leadership “Leadership is not a person or a position. It is a complex moral relationship between people, based on trust, obligation, commitment, emotion, and a shared vision of the good.” We are living in a world where our achievements and failures are either attributed or blamed to the leaders of the society, organizations, religion, political leaders and the list may be long.... [tags: Management Leader]
1250 words (3.6 pages)