In addition with having no consideration of who they may be talking to, most adults wouldn’t even consider the dangers of online dating, and forget they may not be talking to who they believe. With these sites that are created to meet friends and find love are even taking advantage of that to create a huge profit on these services. Teenagers also have access to sites with online chat rooms and social profile websites such as Myspace, Tagged, Twitter and Facebook. They often get lost in an illusion reality and can even give out too much information to their mysterious friend, which puts their life in danger.
However, adults often become to dependant on finding a mate on online dating services that they forget often that they may not be talking to who they may think they are talking to and consider a friend. Most times a user will be highly influenced by a seemly nice person, and decide to take the next step in meeting their mysterious ‘soul mate’.
... middle of paper ...
.... Love is finding a connection with someone in every way possible, emotional, physically, and mentally. You have to build trust with that person, something you can’t do on the internet since you’re always questioning ‘Am I really the only one they think about?’ ‘Are they talking to others just like me? Telling them everything they tell me?’ This is no way to have a healthy relationship.
Internet dating is only good for getting into negative and unnecessary situation that can easily be avoid. Adults and Teens that use these social profiles or services often put their lives in danger that could be easily avoided if they let the pieces come into place, and not forcing themselves to find love. Internet dating is a scam for money from internet nerds that have promises for things they can’t reassure. With weak minded users that forget there sense of reality and logic.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The stress that can come along with online dating, can be pretty agonizing. A lot of people who already online date consider it like a second job. Online dating makes it easier to give up on the person you are matched with because your mind knows there 's many other choices(Telegraph,5). Reliance on profiles is huge , “The shopping mindset may be efficient online, but when carried into face-to-face interactions it can make daters overly critical and discourage"(cnn,5). Although dating sites have pictures and information about a person, a person might think they seek that but on actuality they seek a different connection in person.... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Match.com]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Love has been around since the beginning of time and for as long as romantic relationships have been around; people have tried various ways of meeting one another. The mid-1990s marked the start of online dating and since then has evolved into a much more common method of dating. Online dating is typically taken advantage of in one of two ways. Some people prefer to create their own profile and rely on themselves to choose their mate choice, while others allow the online dating services to create matches between the online subscribers.... [tags: attraction, internet, romantic relatioships]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- Internet Censorship- Research Paper By Lyle Tamlyn (43669182) Throughout the world there has been an increase in discussions regarding “Censorship of the Internet”, explain how Censorship can work in some instances but in others it can be a detriment to society. According to Amnesty International (2014), internet censorship is the control and suppression of online information or services by government or other stakeholder institutions. It is enforced by monitoring chat rooms and forums, deleting blogs, blocking websites and re-routing search results.... [tags: Pornography, Internet, Freedom of speech]
2681 words (7.7 pages)
- Online dating has become a hot trend in today’s society with numbers of sites and memberships growing everyday. “First, individuals do no have to leave their homes or workplaces to date… Second, the anonymity feature of the internet allows individuals to participate privately in dating without the oversight of others or the fear of stigma. Third, interactive online dating allows customers to experience new forms of interaction… Fourth, online dating sites serve up ‘perfect matches’ quickly,” (Rege 494).... [tags: in search for relationships website]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- Have you ever heard the word ‘Enjo Kosai’. It means compensated dating, which is defined as men give money or luxury to attract women for companionship, some especially for sex. In 2008, an appalling new shocks all the Hong Kong people. Wong Ka-mui, a secondary student who did compensated dating, was killed and dismembered (Lo, 2008). This tragedy raised the concern of public to teenagers compensated dating, and citizens started to comprehend the severity of the issue. Why juveniles have to betray their body or even soul.... [tags: parenting, family communication]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- The Impact of the Internet on People The Internet has had a large impact on businesses, countries, and individuals. The Internet first started out as a research tool for Universities and now has become the "information freeway". The Internet has created problems for some companies and has helped other companies. The Internet has caused problems with individuals but has also helped many individuals. The research on sending information from computer to computer began in the 1960s. The United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) funded the research project known as ARPA.... [tags: Technology Innovation Internet]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Visualize a world in which an individual may remain unidentified, communicate with nearly anyone, and have access to just about any bit of information acknowledged by man. Danger’s always present at any time that someone has the opportunity to conceal their identity. Being in contact with family or friends is just one click away, life stories can be shared at a moment’s notice. Information’s at everyone’s fingertips, which can simply be described as, a blessing and a curse. The Internet has paved the way for anonymous interactions, effortless communication, and storage for important information, which has dramatically transformed today’s society.... [tags: consequence, nonexistent, secrecy]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- ... As you read others profiles and sharing your personally interests or hobbies online, you should be able to find someone who is passionated on the same thing as you do. (Online dating and relationship, 80) At the same time, you can eliminate people who you are not compatible with or not interested in. In addition, meeting people online also helps to avoid all those embarrassments and awkwardness when you meet new friends. No fear of dead air will take place so people can have more courage to express themselves and have a deeper conversations.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Imagine a world without internet. There would be no emails, no Facebook, no eBay, amongst other things. Even a simple task as booking a flight or a hotel would have to be done over the phone. To think about it… life as we know it would just not be the same. This new day and age has brought us to a point where it’s possible to find virtually anything on the internet, even love. Yes, online dating has become the new revolutionary way of finding your soul mate (Houran, & Lange, 2004), and it is to no surprise since it’s easy, provides more options and is growing each and every day.... [tags: internet, online dating, ]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Dating on the Internet It has become today's method of communication, the wave of the future. The necessity to leave the home to do such things as shop for clothes or to go to the bank is diminishing. Business is being conducted more frequently from the home. Students will soon be able to interact with their teachers and fellow students while sitting in their bedrooms. The Internet will overtake all forms of personal interaction, and it stands to reason that this includes dating. From foreign pen-pals to heated Cybersex, the number of people who log on each day is growing rapidly.... [tags: Research Cyberdating Internet Essays]
3878 words (11.1 pages)