RAM stands for random access memory, and it is also referred to as volatile memory. Volatile memory loses data when the power is turned off. An example of non-volatile memory is a computer hard drive. Because the hard drive retains data even after a shutdown, it is considered non-volatile. Every program and application executed on a computer is loaded into and out of RAM. Windows runs many processes that consume a sizeable amount of RAM. The more RAM inside of a computer, the faster it will download files, run software, install applications, boot up, shutdown, and more. Many aging computers become young again with additional RAM added to the system. Modern RAM is usua...
... middle of paper ...
... may be seen showing “new hardware found” in the lower right corner of the screen upon the initial restart.
In summary, gather information first from outside the computer and obtain an ESD wrist strap. Secondly, gather information from inside the computer about its current configuration, and buy hardware upgrades accordingly. Finally perform the upgrade, and verify the installation.
This guide can be applied to installing a video card, sound card and many other types of PC expansions. For these other upgrades, hardware drivers must be installed. A simple internet search for the drivers is all that is required. Possessing the ability to upgrade and repair a computer can save time, money and reduce stress. Most upgrades are very simple to complete with a small amount of product research. There should be very little fear of performing these upgrades for most users.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If you are searching for for a computer, there are several aspects to consider. Can it be employed for the property, your office or maybe even your home office mix. To begin with, before choosing whether to store for desktop or notebook computers you will need to set a budget for your new buy. Because they are not meant to be transferred around a lot, many workplaces use desk-top computers. Additionally, value regularly plays a significant role in someone 's decision regarding whether to purchase desktop or laptop computers.... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Desktop computer]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Service and Upgrade World has not been the same since the invention of a smart machine called a computer. These days, computer has become an irreplaceable tool for human from manufacturing to online banking. People use computers to do various tasks and enjoy leisure times such as playing games, scheduling agenda, communicating via webcam, sharing files, and many others. Thus with the increasing use of computers, the possibility of having problems with computers becomes naturally higher.... [tags: Business Plans Proposals]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Microcomputers: (Notebook, Laptop, Desktop and Tablet PC) Microcomputers are the smallest systems in the market. The size range is from calculator to desktop size. Its CPU is microprocessor. It also known as PC, their aim is to satisfy the needs of public and are single-user computers. They are used for common applications such as gaming, social networking, and internet research. Justify the performance, limitations Justify why this type is suitable to a particular environment Desktop: Desktop wasn’t designed to be portable.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Minicomputer]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- The Invention of the Desktop Computer and Its Development Through To Today Conor Benetz The origins of the desktop computer date back centuries, specifically to 500 B.C. and the Chinese abacus (Davis, R.M.,“Evolution of Computers and Computing,” Science, 1977). In the generations that followed, inventors around the world continued to improve on that device, until, by the mid-twentieth century, engineers and scientists were developing increasingly complicated devices that could perform far more advanced calculations.... [tags: Computer, ENIAC, Personal computer]
1872 words (5.3 pages)
- A desktop computer consists of separate components connected by cables. It uses the mains supply as its only source of power, and it is not portable. The features to look at when planning to buy a desktop include speed, memory, monitor size and type, ports and drives. You may also want to consider the cost. The speed of the processor determines how fast a computer is. A desktop of around 2.5GHz is suitable for almost any student. The next feature is memory. One type of memory, known as RAM, is used to run programs.... [tags: tips, Computer,]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- In the present world of technology, the computers and the internet are the two main aspects that dominate the society. As the way, the networking is the important concept of this computer and the internet. Now, it can easily be created even in your home and office simply through the wireless router. Of course, the efficient way to build the home or the office network is to use the high-performance wireless routers. However, these wireless routers are especially beneficial to use for the small industries to get the effective growth and progress.... [tags: IP address, Computer network, Computer]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- The Desktop Computer When you mention the word "technology," most people think about computers. Virtually every facet of our lives has some computerized component. The appliances in our homes have microprocessors built into them, as do our televisions. Even our cars have a computer. But the computer that everyone thinks of first is typically the personal computer, or PC.A PC is a general-purpose tool built around a microprocessor. It has lots of different parts - memory, a hard disk, a modem, etc.... [tags: computers technology Technological Essays]
2553 words (7.3 pages)
- Laptops on Desktops In this generation, a plethora of tools are available to students that have never been available to them before. These tools have transformed the learning experience, with information being more and more accessible to students. However, to many students these tools lay out of reach. One of the most versatile tools, the laptop, is also one of the most inaccessible to many students. Therefore, laptops should be made universal to all students within schools, as it is an irreplaceable tool that enhances the learning experience while preparing students for the real world.... [tags: Personal computer, Desktop computer]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Comparing Notebook and Desktop Computers Computers are one of the most popular kinds of electronic devices in the world today. Whether kid or adult, male or female, everyone wants to learn how to operate the computer. People use computers for different purposes such as typing papers, creating websites, making presentations, browsing on the internet, playing games, etc. In fact, many people are still confused about choosing what kind of computer they want to buy. In the world today, there are two types of computers: notebook/laptop and desktop.... [tags: Compare Contrast Computer Essays]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Classifications of Computers According to the U.S. Census "Forty-four million households, or 42 percent, had at least one member who used the Internet at home in 2000" (Home Computers 2). Today, no doubt, even more family members in the United States use computers. Most people are aware of the desktop computers which can be found in the home and in the workplace. What are the different types of computers and what are their purposes. Computers can be classified into three different categories of home computers, portable computers, and business computers including workstations and super computers.... [tags: Computer PC Desktop Technology]
999 words (2.9 pages)