Being a pharmacy technician, I have had an opportunity to work with pharmacists in order to understand how to be a pharmacist. I have learned that pharmacists play a vital role in the healthcare system because of the information and remedies they provide to their patients. Moreover, I have seen how they are not only “a chief of preparer of drugs” (Edward Kremers and Glenn Sonnedecker, 11) but also a bridge between physicians and patients. I participated in an event which showed me how significant pharmacists are. This event happened when I dispensed the medication for my patient and asked him if he had any questions for the pharmacist about his eye drops. He looked at me with stunned eyes and said that he had an otic infection, not an optic infection. Immediately, I reported this issue to my pharmacist. Quickly and professionally, she called the patient’s doctor, discussed the solution with him and explained the situation to the patients. In fact, she helped the physician to avoid the medication error, saved the patient’s eyes and demonstrated to me how essential a pharmacist is.
Soon after that event, I started to plan a strategy for becoming a pharmacist. I registered to take prerequisites at State College of Florida, Manatee – Sarasota. This college attracted me not only by the delightful campus but also the outstanding professors. At SCF, I am a stu...
... middle of paper ...
...e peaceful sunset. Furthermore, I also love camping and hiking. I hiked at Grand Canyon National Park, and it was an astonishing time in my life. Both volunteering activities and the support from my family motivate me to be a pharmacist.
I would be grateful for the opportunity to attend pharmacy school because it would open a path to my pharmacy education that is essential for my short-term and long-term professional goals. For my short-term target, pharmacy education will assist me to be a clinical pharmacist in hospital pharmacy. Then, I want to be a professor at a pharmacy college so that I can share my experiences with my students who have aspiration in the pharmacy field. Because of my achievements in academic activities, my experience in retail and hospital pharmacies, and the encouragement from my wife, I believe I will be successful at pharmacy college.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- My primary interest in a career in Pharmacy came from an overall interest in medicine and helping others. The incident that encouraged my curiosity about medicine was my first severe asthma attack in the third grade. I wondered how medications could me a freedom to breath when every breath had required so much effort. Working as a pharmacy technician for CVS Pharmacy, I found exactly which area in health care my passion was leading to me to, even though I had already shadowed various other types of health care professionals.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Health care, Medicine]
717 words (2 pages)
- As a seasoned Certified Pharmacy Technician with thirty six years of retail pharmacy experience and with some hospital pharmacy experience, nationally certified in IV preparation, I have acquired excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of community dispensing and pharmacy communications and operations. I have also gained excellent knowledge of prescription drugs, home health care and non-prescription products. I also possess over thirty years of experience in the customer service field, and possess an awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communications requirements needed to meet the needs of a diverse clientele.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- I chose my past career pharmacy technician. A pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in filling prescriptions for the patient. There are many different settings and positions in this career. My favorite is the inpatient hospital setting. The technicians prepare IVs, patient medicine trays, and sometimes packages them in the pharmacy so the nurse is able to scan the medications. Other settings include, retail pharmacy where one would interact with the customers, and the main job is to fill the prescription bottles, and sometimes mix up creams in the compounding lab.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Pharmacology]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Adopted from: CVS Caremark company website. Vision Statement: We strive to improve the quality of human life. Mission Statement: We provide expert care and innovative solutions in pharmacy and health care that are effective and easy for our customers. Proposed Vision Statement: CVS Caremark’s vision is to improve the quality of life through convenient and cost efficient offerings. Proposed Mission Statement: At CVS Caremark our mission is to provide quality products and services through our pharmaceuticals and consumer products.... [tags: cvs caremark, pharmacy, health care]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- CVS 's retail pharmacy operations are functioning poorly and dissatisfying customers. Many customers are defecting as a result. A pharmacy service improvement team has documented the current prescription fulfillment process, its exception rates, and the problems generated by exceptions. The company must now decide how to change this process, and what information system changes to make in support of the redesigned process. Changes I recommend to CVS’s existing pharmacy fulfillment process Drop off, data entry, insurance check –all done while customer is present Data entry completed at drop-off while customer was still there – made it easier to verify customer insurance information.... [tags: Customer, Customer service, Pharmacy, Time]
706 words (2 pages)
- Not everyone has a distinguishable moment in their life when they uncover their true calling and I am living proof of that statement. Growing up, I wanted to become a forensic scientist; that dream changed when I took general chemistry in high school. I fell in love with the subject because it made me think about the complexities of the world around us. Three more chemistry courses and one anatomy course later, I decided I wanted to pursue a career in pharmacy. Believe it or not, it was not just the classes that made me fall in love with the idea of being a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Goal, Pharmacist]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Pharmacy Technicians Despite popular belief, pharmacy technicians are more than laborers; they are specially trained individuals. Imagine a family member is admitted to the University of South Alabama Hospital with an acute case of pneumonia, which will require oral and intravenous medications. These medications must be precisely prepared and properly delivered. The common perception is that pharmacists prepare medications and technicians simply deliver them. This view of their job is both accurate and inaccurate.... [tags: Pharmacist Pharmacy Essays Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Job Description: Pharmacists ensure that medications are used appropriately, and that they bring about the best results. Their responsibilities include professionally interpreting and reviewing the prescription orders written by doctors, dentists, and other authorized health care providers, and also for giving out the medications accurately to patients. The main goal of pharmaceutical care is to improve the quality of patients. lives by the use of medications that have been prescribed in order to accomplish specific results.... [tags: careers jobs]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Tolerance Is A Good Liberal Society With Complete Tolerance
- Different Theories Of Victimization And Crime
- Healthcare Systems Of A Healthcare Delivery System
- Social Media And The Internet Of Your Family And Friend 's Is Great
- The Case Of Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd V. Moore
- The Effects Of Sexting And Its Burdensome Effects