First and foremost, after you have gathered the needed programs, you need to open Gimp and open a new png file that is 513x513 for your new height map. Once you complete that you need to then go to the image tab at the top of the program’s screen, scroll down to mode and hover till you can click grayscale. From there you need to choose if you would like to have any rivers, mountains, flatlands, and cliffs, black is the deepest and white is the highest. Once you have chosen what your map looks like it is time to save it, due to the type of file needed you need to go to file and click export, remember to make sure it is a png file or it will not work once you are ready to go into the game and create your map. Save your heig...
... middle of paper ...
...ap maker, it will automatically save to your exports folder in the Feral Heart folder, which can be found in the same way as the terrains folder prior, however you only have to enter the Feral Heart folder to find the exports folder. You might want to go back and check your work if you would prefer, or you might just keep your map to yourself, but if you want to share it, you can use Media fire which you can log into as long as you have a Facebook. Now once you have completed the map you can enter it on the computer you created it from but you will have to download it to other computers if you have more than one computer. Once you do these steps once, it gets easier to do and your maps can become more complex as you do them, you could even go back to your first map and recreate it later if you have the original map files.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Table of Contents 2 1. Game Summary 4 1.1. Genre 4 1.2. Visual Style 4 1.3. High Concept 5 2. Gameplay 6 2.1. Features 6 2.2. Artificial Intelligence 6 2.3. Scope 7 3. Story, Setting, and Characters 9 3.1. Story 9 3.2. Environment 11 3.3. Characters 12 4. Game Related Details (Combat, Items, etc.) 15 4.1. Combat 15 4.2. Powerups 16 4.3. Items 17 4.4. Game Mechanics & Balance 17 4.5. Inner Mechanism 18 6. Controls 19 7. Interface 20 8. Assets 21 8.1. Models 21 8.2. Animations 21 8.3. Music 21 8.4.... [tags: Fable 2 Video Game ]
2842 words (8.1 pages)
- Computer Games Personal computer games refer to the video games which are played on personal computers rather than on arcade machines or video game consoles. The most defining features of these games include a higher degree of user control over the gaming software and hardware and an absence of central controlling ability. Another defining characteristic of the computer games is the increased capacity for input to the pc, processing and consequently the output. People playing computer games are able to interact with objects displayed on the computer screen for the purpose of entertainment.... [tags: Video game, Personal computer game]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- An ever-looming question, as technologies and mediated communications grow, is whether video games do our society harm. As many citizens are “gamers”, this topic generates a lot of interest in today’s society. Through personal experience and research people have examined video game usage at different stages of life: toddler, adolescent, teen, adult, and senior citizen. Video games have substantially more positive influence on society than negative consequences. There was a time not that long ago that the world of a toddler involved being read to and entertaining themselves with blocks, dolls and stuffed animals.... [tags: Video game, Game, Video game controversy]
1065 words (3 pages)
- The key aspect in this debate is whether or not teens should play violent video games or RPG 's. Some people are distracted by the thought of violence in the game. Then out of spite, think that it 's mostly all about violence and no good can come out of it. How one-sided can this be. This is an extremely limited view of life and is likely to completely unbalance, confuse and make one feel powerless & helpless in times of life-threatening or survival circumstances. I strongly believe in realism and we are living in times where terrorism has become rampant in different parts of the world and even America where we are living is no longer immune.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Game, Video game genres]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- This war has been fought with parents since the dawn of time. Well...maybe not the dawn of time but maybe when video games arrived. PAC-Man, Space invaders, and Super Mario 64 were such good games. As video games got more popular, the more violent and better they became. Video game companies started to produce games that were violent. Then video games became more realistic. More blood and gore. At least all the popular games out there are violent. The one that is the most violent and bad is the Saints row series.... [tags: game consoles, violence in video games]
692 words (2 pages)
- Computer games Personal computer games also known as the computer games demonstrate the video games which are played on a personal computer rather than an arcade machine or a video game console. The most defining features of these games include a higher degree of user control of the gaming software and hardware, absence of central controlling ability. Another most defining characteristic of the games is the increased capacity for input to the pc, processing and consequently the output (Mathews, para 1-15).... [tags: Video game, Personal computer game]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Bradfored also describes all three games being based on “indiscriminate violence” but that only Bully and World of War Craft were for more mature audiences, that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was more light-hearted and was more suited for younger audiences. It is strange that video games would have such a large fan base of players, why would someone want to continue to play games if they are constantly being given new tasks and at times are becoming increasingly frustrated at the games when they lose.... [tags: video game home consoles]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- Imagine that you are sitting peacefully in your living room, reading a book or maybe drinking some coffee in front of a crackling fire. Calm, isn’t it. Now imagine there is a loud BANG, followed by gunshots and screaming and yelling and explosions. What could be making all of this racket. Some kids playing video games. Video games have become extremely popular over the years as technology has advanced. However, with this rise in popularity also comes a growing concern in parents how the games may be affecting their children.... [tags: video games, violence, super mario]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- What if someone told you that those turtles in Mario or the computer opponent in Pong had their own “brain” and that they are able to think and do things like humans do. What if you were told that we can create these brains and apply them to many other video game antagonists, like the ghosts from Pac Man or even the opposing team in Madden. These “artificial brains” are a product of a technology called artificial intelligence (AI). AI in video games can be applied to nearly anything, such as a boss as big as a city to a bird soaring in the sky.... [tags: pac man, mario, computer]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Through the years gaming consoles and video game graphics have evolved, including the violence depicted in these games. Modern day video games are divided by genres of role-playing, first person shooter or sandbox games that involve their various types of violence. Often these video games make people feel that they are not in reality. Somehow the game they are playing immerse them into their virtual reality. Sometimes when a person is too immersed in a game, they may take it seriously and begin to get frustrated that may lead them to become aggressive verbally and physically.... [tags: Video game, Aggression, Video game console, Game]
1463 words (4.2 pages)